ADVERTISEMENT

We're not talking about that right now.

phish7

Signee
Mar 3, 2009
Keep hiding your head in the turf Coach. Your time is short. God, I hope so anyway. Stubborn old man.
This post was edited on 11/25 3:18 PM by phish7

Re: We're not taliking about that right now.

Understand your frustration, however, that old man has done a helluva lot over the years for Virginia Tech. If not for him, you wouldn't even be having this conversation today. If there are expectations for this program, it's because of the program he built. Just maybe he can't get it done anymore, it doesn't matter. Frank Beamer deserves respect because he's earned it. Don't be a jerk.

I think Frank has done a lot for the program; however, Bill Dooley had a few good teams also!

Phish, I agree it's time for Frank to resign. I must say, the tone and content of your post is completely out of line, show some decency and respect. Frank has earned that, and more. Your post is more a reflection on you than Frank, and it doesn't speak well for you, at all.

Not phish, but I lost all respect for Frank a long, long time ago. I feel like he's been stealing taxpayer money from the state for the last decade, and that he owes the entire Hokie fanbase an apology for putting his personal friendships in front of what is best for the university and for the football program.

There's no excuse for some the decisions Frank has made the last little while. None whatsoever. And now the entire program is paying dearly for his selfishness.

Sorry folks. I was a little harsh there. The only part I feel bad about is the stubborn part.

I have to think that all this talk about Frank and what should be done to turn things around has to have a effect on him.Even if he never reads a line about it, the losing alone has to take a toll. He may not fire any of his staff but I would think he would at least get all the heads together and get some minds changed about how each should do things. Time will tell if he is paying attention to the fan base or not. He has to be hearing us.

To compare Beamer with Dooley shows a lack of understanding. Dooley's success at Tech does not remotely compare with the success Beamer has had. Dooley did a pedestrian job compared to Beamer. Good gosh, give the guy a little credit. That analogy is rediculous.

Originally posted by hokiemtc:

Not phish, but I lost all respect for Frank a long, long time ago. I feel like he's been stealing taxpayer money from the state for the last decade, and that he owes the entire Hokie fanbase an apology for putting his personal friendships in front of what is best for the university and for the football program.

There's no excuse for some the decisions Frank has made the last little while. None whatsoever. And now the entire program is paying dearly for his selfishness.
this.

it's gonna take someone from the outside (Whit) to show him the mistakes he's made in regards to staff. Hiring Shane and making him associate head coach when he couldn't even hold that title at montana st, no less an FBS school, is pure nepotism. keeping stinespring on the staff after taking play-calling duties away then the title of OC away speaks of a man that doesn't care about how his decisions look and how they affect the team. the money he's paying stinespring and shane could be used for hiring young assistants that actually have a resume.

there is no doubt that he's done better than great things here but his complacency has costs us big time. how many recruits could we have gotten if he would have gotten on a plane and went and talked to some of these kids and parents face to face? he expects them to come take an official to see HIM.

he's done and nothing will change until he's gone unfortunately. i hate that for him but he's made his bed.

Originally posted by blue bomber:
To compare Beamer with Dooley shows a lack of understanding. Dooley's success at Tech does not remotely compare with the success Beamer has had. Dooley did a pedestrian job compared to Beamer. Good gosh, give the guy a little credit. That analogy is rediculous.
Dooley also had obstacles that Beamer never had. The same goes for Jerry Claiborne in the 60's and Frank Moseley in the 50's. Those guys were good coaches at Virginia Tech who don't get the credit they deserve because 90% of VT fans assume that the school didn't even play football until Frank Beamer arrived on the scene.

Originally posted by Flashman:

Originally posted by blue bomber:
Dooley also had obstacles that Beamer never had. The same goes for Jerry Claiborne in the 60's and Frank Moseley in the 50's. Those guys were good coaches at Virginia Tech who don't get the credit they deserve because 90% of VT fans assume that the school didn't even play football until Frank Beamer arrived on the scene.
Mosley fielded the only unbeaten VT team in our history. We tied one game were 8-0-1 and ranked in the top twenty. Claiborne ,who is the but of a lot of negative comments on our board won just under 70% of all of his games a VT. Dull to watch but so were OSU and UM. Dooley did a very good job because he took over the program when it was Tottlly in the S---ter. He smoked too much though. When Beamer took over he was the guy we wnted to be certain the game was played cleanly from all aspects. He was not expected to win a bunch of games for some time because of the restrictions placed on us. He did a great job for many years. If the history doen't mean anything to you then at least go back and study it enough to understand it.
Good post flashman.

This post was edited on 11/28 3:45 PM by leeanderthal

This post was edited on 11/29 9:03 AM by leeanderthal

Frankly I am tired of the " lets not forget, coach beamer got us here" line. He had one helluva run, but the coach needs to let the reins go and let a coach that is actually hungry for wins take over. this team is only going backwards with Beamer at the helm.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT