ADVERTISEMENT

What Changes Would You Make

FredSam

Signee
Sep 15, 2012
We are getting outcoached. The complacency surrounding the program is palpable. When the leader of any organization allows failure without consequences all the under achievers breathe a sigh of relief and all the winners go somewhere where they can win. And that goes for the coaches as well as the players.

Okay, I am putting on my Head Coaches hat now.

First, McLaughlin got beat like a rented mule all day. Might as well give Nijman a try. He couldn't do any worse. I don't care if McLaughlin is a 3 year starter.

We gave up early on running up the middle. When every run is a jet sweep nobody is going to do well. Pitt has a good run defense, but that is not a reason to concede power running. But when your starter is 5' 6" and 187 lbs its hard to do. Coleman was a great team player last year but he is just too small to get it done. Go with McMillen and Edmunds for 95% of the carries. RB by committee didn't work well last and isn't this year. Williams is our most punishing RB but we should red shirt him and get him healthy for next year.

Start Lawson until Brewer comes back. Write the season off and get him ready for next year. Missouri started a true freshman this week. UCLA's starter is a freshman. I know Lawson is not ready now, but Motley isn't either and is never going to be the long term solution.

We are wasting Hodges and Malleck. Two of the best weapons we have and their numbers don't get called often enough.

Now to the defense.

The D-Line has been over hyped since last spring. Can't get enough pressure on opposing QB's and is too light. They get pushed around by big lines. Pitt did it today, backed up on their own 2 and got 6 yards right up the middle. Settle might be one answer but he is not ready now. A year in the weight room and improving technique should help fix that. Long term we need to recruit bigger guys. The line backers crowd the line because they have to help the under weight line. And as an aside, Alabama has Jonathon Allen, D' Shawn Hand and Koren Kirvin. All from Virginia. Would all three be starting here? I'd bet the rent on it.

I thing our only problem in the secondary is inexperience. We seem to have a lot of young talent.

Your thoughts?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.