ADVERTISEMENT

What's up with this board

Aug 16, 2013
Been coming an reading here for years. This is the most decreased discussion I can recall. What's the deal? Is it Hokie football it being as popular?

I still occasionally come over from the national board to keep up with the Hokies.

Not sure if you remember VTSmitty. He was a good friend of mine that I met on line and was fortunate enough to meet in the real world a few times before he passed. I still rock a VT sweatshirt when I'm watching the Hokies.

I was really hoping for a great season for VT this year, but I'm not sure how the losses on defense are gonna affect the season. I'm sure Fuente will have Josh Jackson primed for a good year with the offense, but I think Bud's got his work cut out for him.

Just to clarify if my SN doesn't make it clear, I'm a Georgia fan.

If you google VT football you'll see other sites a little more active at this time. I however, only post here.

Me thinks we will have another great D, even with the losses, as Bud Foster and co. recruit what they need for his positions and we have many good, fast, albeit young, athletes for him to coach up.

Our O has more QB talent than I have seen since I started paying attention in 1971.

Our new coach pretty much beats the teams we should beat and we hope to beat the teams like Miami and GT we always have problems with.

If we can beat FSU, from our other division, we will be feeling pretty good about the start of this year and who knows after that. We have unproven WRs, LBs and DBs at this time but I have high hopes.

If we can be undefeated for the Notre Dame game at our house then look out.

Reactions: OldDevilDAWG
Is it a free board that limits non-subscribers to one post a day?

What's happened with Birdie aka hooNC23 or something? Even though he was a Hoo, he kept things lively and was fun to bash every now and then when we'd beat the wine and cheese boys. I know his wife was ill so I hope things are ok in his world.

What's happened with Birdie aka hooNC23 or something? Even though he was a Hoo, he kept things lively and was fun to bash every now and then when we'd beat the wine and cheese boys. I know his wife was ill so I hope things are ok in his world.
Thanks about the wife she’s doing great. You will not believe what’s going on with me now, if HR wasn’t here to confirm I wouldn’t even say anything. After my wife got a clean bill of health they diagnosed me with an enoprable malignant brain tumor, told you, that you wouldn’t believe it. I have been through radiation and taking chemo, looks like I’ll be on chemo rest of my days here. Glad it’s football season, gives me something to look forward to each week. Thought Bud did a great job last week, still believe he needs a statue out front.

Thanks about the wife she’s doing great. You will not believe what’s going on with me now, if HR wasn’t here to confirm I wouldn’t even say anything. After my wife got a clean bill of health they diagnosed me with an enoprable malignant brain tumor, told you, that you wouldn’t believe it. I have been through radiation and taking chemo, looks like I’ll be on chemo rest of my days here. Glad it’s football season, gives me something to look forward to each week. Thought Bud did a great job last week, still believe he needs a statue out front.
Dang it.
Hang in there, bud

Reactions: kcwashing1
I was wondering where you were too. I took a summer break and thought maybe you were just doing the same. Hate hearing that. Two of my pick-up basketball friends have been diagnosed with brain tumors in the last couple years too. Makes me wonder what the heck is going on. Lately that diagnosis is becoming all too common.

Get well Hoos19NC! As a caregiver for my wife when she went 3 years of cancer treatment, sports was and is a great stress release. BTW she is in remission from Stage IV Follicular Lymphoma

Get well Hoos19NC! As a caregiver for my wife when she went 3 years of cancer treatment, sports was and is a great stress release. BTW she is in remission from Stage IV Follicular Lymphoma

Hoo19NC-
They are doing some amazing things these days with the treatment of Cancer. My heart goes out to you and your family but keep the faith. Miracles do happen.
You've got a lot of friends on here even if you are a Hoo so please keep us honest with your comments. Oh yeah, sorry about the loss last night :)

Hoo19NC-
They are doing some amazing things these days with the treatment of Cancer. My heart goes out to you and your family but keep the faith. Miracles do happen.
You've got a lot of friends on here even if you are a Hoo so please keep us honest with your comments. Oh yeah, sorry about the loss last night :)
I appreciate the support and have enjoyed jostling with you guys for years now. Look forward to many more.
The Hoos are young on defense and don’t have a Bud to get them ready.

Reactions: fathersonhokie
My thoughts are with you my Birdie brother.
Thanks Burg, still hard to believe but it is what it is....good news is my daughter just got engaged to good young man that we will be proud to have in the family.

Congrats hoo#?. Burg good to hear from you again. Was worried all you guys jumped ship for another sight.

If we go undefeated and win National Championship, I predict this board will pick up on the action. It may be posters from other teams, but it will pick up.

Thanks Burg, still hard to believe but it is what it is....good news is my daughter just got engaged to good young man that we will be proud to have in the family.
Hoos, I have been out of town for a week. I just got back and am really sorry to read that you have developed heath problems. I know your better half dealt with similar issues. One advice I'd give you (and it applies to your wife also) is that you should start taking supplements such as turmeric. Believe me, turmeric is a miracle supplement that has worked wonders for many people who are battling cancer including my own father who was given 12 months to live about 10 years ago and yet is still living & doing very well today. You can read up on it, and I suggest you do, but please consider adding turmeric it as part of your normal diet. I have a father and a close friend who believe they are alive today because of it.

You need prayers from your family and friends (and while we have never met, I consider you a friend and we are praying for your health), conventional medicine (which you are getting), but trust me, adding supplements such as what I recommend here will definitely help you battle this illness. Best of luck to you and please keep us informed as you get better.

Hoos, I have been out of town for a week. I just got back and am really sorry to read that you have developed heath problems. I know your better half dealt with similar issues. One advice I'd give you (and it applies to your wife also) is that you should start taking supplements such as turmeric. Believe me, turmeric is a miracle supplement that has worked wonders for many people who are battling cancer including my own father who was given 12 months to live about 10 years ago and yet is still living & doing very well today. You can read up on it, and I suggest you do, but please consider adding turmeric it as part of your normal diet. I have a father and a close friend who believe they are alive today because of it.

You need prayers from your family and friends (and while we have never met, I consider you a friend and we are praying for your health), conventional medicine (which you are getting), but trust me, adding supplements such as what I recommend here will definitely help you battle this illness. Best of luck to you and please keep us informed as you get better.
Thanks Hokipoke, really appreciate the tip and support.

Reactions: Hampton Roads 6
Hoo, My wife is a 19 yr survivor. She works in the health and wellness field. I was telling her about your situation and she advised if you haven't done it to get a consult at the Cancer Centers of America. She said they do amazing thing there. Keeping you in our prayers.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT