ADVERTISEMENT

Whoo's best BB in the ACC

leeanderthal

Hokie Hall of Fame
Jul 27, 2006
There are three or maybe four teams in the ACC that could win the NCAA playoff title this year. UNC,Duke,UVA and maybe Louisville. IMO Duke has the most talent in their starting five but UVA has a better team. Villanova is not going to go down easy but UVA should win it this year.

There are three or maybe four teams in the ACC that could win the NCAA playoff title this year. UNC,Duke,UVA and maybe Louisville. IMO Duke has the most talent in their starting five but UVA has a better team. Villanova is not going to go down easy but UVA should win it this year.
I sure hope you are right....it’s so hard to judge how good teams like Kansas, Mich St., Villanova and others match up with Hoos. I have no doubt we can slow any team down, we just can’t have long periods without scoring. This is the best offensive team Bennett has had and they play really well as a team. It’s all about matchups from here on out.....Go Hoos!

Hoottyhooville ain't winnin no dance. U bring women 2 tha startin 5 and you get delt with. U plays like women an u get delt with. That be Hooottyhooville who gots a dude names Jack Salt. Jack Salt be used 2 treat rashes. No bodies takem serius

Hoottyhooville ain't winnin no dance. U bring women 2 tha startin 5 and you get delt with. U plays like women an u get delt with. That be Hooottyhooville who gots a dude names Jack Salt. Jack Salt be used 2 treat rashes. No bodies takem serius
You just keep wishing.....just killing you isn’t it....LMAO.

I sure hope you are right....it’s so hard to judge how good teams like Kansas, Mich St., Villanova and others match up with Hoos. I have no doubt we can slow any team down, we just can’t have long periods without scoring. This is the best offensive team Bennett has had and they play really well as a team. It’s all about matchups from here on out.....Go Hoos!
I would give the hoos equal chance with all those teams along with Duke and UNC. I wouldn’t sleep on Kentucky or Gonzaga either.

Louisville fans are getting ready for the NIT selection show.

Reactions: Hampton Roads 6
I would give the hoos equal chance with all those teams along with Duke and UNC. I wouldn’t sleep on Kentucky or Gonzaga either.
I agree....hate to see Kentucky starting to play well, not a fan of Calipari......you know he’s scum and cheating. He and Pitino are a big part of what’s wrong with College Ball. And it’s burns my butt to see Arizona still playing their $100,000 boy....they should be banned.

I agree....hate to see Kentucky starting to play well, not a fan of Calipari......you know he’s scum and cheating. He and Pitino are a big part of what’s wrong with College Ball. And it’s burns my butt to see Arizona still playing their $100,000 boy....they should be banned.
Agree with you about Az. Miller should be on the sideline too. Az is another one in your region that could spell trouble. I really don’t like your region for a number 1 seed with both Ky and Az. Looks like one or the other would be your Sweet 16 opponent.

I hate the 8/9 seed. When we go to this tournament we have a hard time staying out of this game. But, Alabama is probably as good of an opening draw as we could have hoped for. We match up well from a size perspective with both them and Villanova. Alabama is a winnable game, we have to stop one really good player. To have any chance at upsetting Villanova we will have to do something we haven’t done for a while now, which is shoot well, and we’ll have to defend like we did in Charlottesville.

I agree, UVA is in a fairly tough region. They should get to the sweet 16, but after that it gets tough. Heck, it gets tough for all teams after the Sweet 16.

For VT, I hate the 8-9 seed since you get a very tough first game and usually an impossible second game. I think this year is different. The winner of the 8-9 game should give Nova a competitive game (either VT or Alabama).

Good to see Notre Dame did not make it.

Normally 8 and 9 seed is the worst seeding. I have never understood why teams that were on the bubble and make tournament ,always seem to get 8 or 9 seed

I despise Notre Dame. Tired of hearing talking heads say they should go to NCAA tournament because “they lost Bonzie Colson”. Cry me a river, when did that ever factor into the selection criteria for any other team? Thankfully it didn’t hold water with the selection committee. Bonzie can finish his glorious comeback in the NIT, nobody cares that he is back. He can bank in 3s and shoot his imaginary bow and arrows there.

Agree with you about Az. Miller should be on the sideline too. Az is another one in your region that could spell trouble. I really don’t like your region for a number 1 seed with both Ky and Az. Looks like one or the other would be your Sweet 16 opponent.

I hate the 8/9 seed. When we go to this tournament we have a hard time staying out of this game. But, Alabama is probably as good of an opening draw as we could have hoped for. We match up well from a size perspective with both them and Villanova. Alabama is a winnable game, we have to stop one really good player. To have any chance at upsetting Villanova we will have to do something we haven’t done for a while now, which is shoot well, and we’ll have to defend like we did in Charlottesville.
If you guys play hard defense I believe you beat Alabama.

I despise Notre Dame. Tired of hearing talking heads say they should go to NCAA tournament because “they lost Bonzie Colson”. Cry me a river, when did that ever factor into the selection criteria for any other team? Thankfully it didn’t hold water with the selection committee. Bonzie can finish his glorious comeback in the NIT, nobody cares that he is back. He can bank in 3s and shoot his imaginary bow and arrows there.
I agree ND didn’t deserve to get in.....the biggest joke was Oklahoma getting in and Oklahoma St didn’t, just a real joke.

I agree, UVA is in a fairly tough region. They should get to the sweet 16, but after that it gets tough. Heck, it gets tough for all teams after the Sweet 16.

For VT, I hate the 8-9 seed since you get a very tough first game and usually an impossible second game. I think this year is different. The winner of the 8-9 game should give Nova a competitive game (either VT or Alabama).

Good to see Notre Dame did not make it.
I was surprised to see KY and Arizona in the top half with Hoos....both are playing really well right now and either will but a tough out. After looking at the brackets I think UNCheat has the easiest path to the final 4 IMO. I also thought the selection show was a joke, go back to just showing the brackets and then discuss. Showing the automatic bids was a waste of time, everyone knew who the were.

I also thought the selection show was a joke, go back to just showing the brackets and then discuss. Showing the automatic bids was a waste of time, everyone knew who the were.
Yeah, what was that? Go back to revealing who is in as the brackets are revealed. We don’t need a fog horn that ND and Louisville were left out. Their fans will figure it out. I know from experience.

It's great that ND and Louisville are not in tournament. With all the crap going on at Louisville, they should be left out for at least the next 5 years.

Oh well.....without Hunter Hoos will not win it all. I guess HR will be happy about his season ending injury. Looks like sweet 16 is all we can hope for now....sucks

Oh well.....without Hunter Hoos will not win it all. I guess HR will be happy about his season ending injury. Looks like sweet 16 is all we can hope for now....sucks
Tough loss, but didn’t he miss some games with an ankle that you still won?

Tough loss, but didn’t he miss some games with an ankle that you still won?
He played in those games but wasn’t effective...one was against VT. I would be shocked if teams don’t go to a zone against us now. Hunter was the most effective player we had in the middle against the zone. His ability to take it to the hole and his height on defense against guards will be what is missed most. It seems like we can’t can’t catch a break in the tournament. Wilkins being so sick last year, Anderson breaking his hand.....but I guess everyone can say Bennett can’t win in the tournament again.

Boo Hoos have been fortunate this season with injuries, as compared to most teams. I heard that they have started same 5 every game. I can only name 2 starters, Honey Bun and Jack Frost. Have no idea who other 3 are.

Boo Hoos have been fortunate this season with injuries, as compared to most teams. I heard that they have started same 5 every game. I can only name 2 starters, Honey Bun and Jack Frost. Have no idea who other 3 are.
Your glee is apparent in Hoos misfortune......just remember karma is a bitch.

He played in those games but wasn’t effective...one was against VT. I would be shocked if teams don’t go to a zone against us now. Hunter was the most effective player we had in the middle against the zone. His ability to take it to the hole and his height on defense against guards will be what is missed most. It seems like we can’t can’t catch a break in the tournament. Wilkins being so sick last year, Anderson breaking his hand.....but I guess everyone can say Bennett can’t win in the tournament again.
I haven’t heard anyone say that Bennett can’t win a tournament. I look at coaches like Bennett (and Buzz for that matter) as very capable of that. But winning a national championship is never a given, it takes a combination of great performance and luck coming together in the right moment, including the good luck of having your players stay healthy, or being good enough to play through it. I know Hunter is a nice player, I knew that the first game I saw him. But Bennett’s real strength is his team’s coherency. I’m not counting them in or out at this point.

I haven’t heard anyone say that Bennett can’t win a tournament. I look at coaches like Bennett (and Buzz for that matter) as very capable of that. But winning a national championship is never a given, it takes a combination of great performance and luck coming together in the right moment, including the good luck of having your players stay healthy, or being good enough to play through it. I know Hunter is a nice player, I knew that the first game I saw him. But Bennett’s real strength is his team’s coherency. I’m not counting them in or out at this point.
Hope you are right....

I didn’t have UVa penciled in as National Champion with him either. You have to go win it with who you have.

The look on Jim Larranaga’s face today was priceless when they lost on the game winning 3 pointer......NC St shows no matter how great your offense is, you better learn to play a lil D. Of course VT showed that from the 1st half to the 2nd half of the season.

Looks as if VT got screwed by refs. That offensive foul was bad call. The T called on coach was even worse call.

Looks as if VT got screwed by refs. That offensive foul was bad call. The T called on coach was even worse call.
Call was fine....but the T was a killer, Buzz can’t lose his cool when his team can still win. Just don’t understand why VT didn’t slow Bama down, teams that had success against them slowed them down and made them play half court.....Buzz still thinks he can run teams out of the gym. VT proved they could play defense in the 2nd half of season, should have played it last night.

A T should not have been called. I saw somewhere on Twitter that T was a bad call, and it came from a neutral observer . Does anyone know where I can find a video of the play ?

A T should not have been called. I saw somewhere on Twitter that T was a bad call, and it came from a neutral observer . Does anyone know where I can find a video of the play ?
You make me laugh with your sources....every foul against VT was a bad call all year.....LOL

Hmmm....perhaps you needed him more than I thought. Maryland “Baltimore County”? WTF?
I knew he would me miss him but wow.....they played better defense and offense and deserved to win. Congrats to them and I hope they win a few more. I believed their defense caught us off guard and we never got in a flow....and everything they threw up went in on offense. You don’t win many game when this is the formula. And we really did miss Hunters ability to finish.

Last edited:
UVA had a great season. While I hate to see it end this way, Bennett's philosophical perspective in the post-game interview was refreshing. A class program from top to bottom.

Reactions: Hoos19NC
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT