ADVERTISEMENT

Why is Knowles still returning kickoffs?

VT33

New Recruit
Feb 1, 2006
OK, so Knowles has a muffed kickoff, picked it up, runs backwards(?), displays shaky returns in general and he's still back to receive a kickoff to fumble it over? Don't we have anybody else?

Beamerball, baby. It's not for any of us to understand. PAY RAISES FOR EVERYONE!

We are lucky we were bailed out by the defense but I dont see our offense scoring any points today at this rate.

Originally posted by CAHokie:
Happy to say I was wrong with that last comment. lol
Don't feel bad. I gave us 0% chances of scoring an offensive TD as well as winning the ballgame today. So glad I was wrong.
smile.r191677.gif

Knowles has been MIA most of season. I thought he'd be good of returns and play a large role in passing game. Also some runs on end arounds and reverses.

beamer's heart is his weakness unfortunately. when he likes a kid he will give him every chance to succeed. this isn't a bad thing if you're looking at life in general but in football it can be disastrous.

this is one of the reasons for our decline. Frank has a big heart and he sees a kid that's lost his role on the team in the offense and wants to find another place where he can see some action. this has been happening with other players too. Knowles is a nice kid that does the right things off the field and there is a relationship there. unfortunately he's awful at kickoff returns and it's hurting the team.

so, if you look at frank as a human being with human emotions, rather than a football coach, it will better help you understand the decisions he makes. he doesn't have saban's or jimbo's personalities. it's tough for him to make the hard decisions about personnel and staff because of his personality and heart. maybe at one time he could make the tough decisions but old age softens the heart.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT