ADVERTISEMENT

Will talking football huh glad we have BB to stay in the present

TECHHOO?

Team Captain
Apr 15, 2008
You guys live in the past but to help you guys out some let's talk about the no.2 team in america the hoos of UVA coming to cassell this Sunday. What's the streak against the hokieslike8 or something hop yeah baby

Originally posted by TECHHOO?:
You guys live in the past but to help you guys out some let's talk about the no.2 team in america the hoos of UVA coming to cassell this Sunday. What's the streak against the hokieslike8 or something hop yeah baby
Must be nice to have a really, really good team that's clearly not the best by a long shot. Hope final four is the end goal.

Originally posted by SunnyBeachWave:

Must be nice to have a really, really good team that's clearly not the best by a long shot. Hope final four is the end goal.
This.

Prayers sent.

Virginia Tech is a football school. UVA is a basketball and tennis school.

Reminds me of the bumper stickers floating around a few years ago:

WOMEN AT VMI, WHAT'S NEXT ? MEN AT UVA

Geez, count me as one VT fan who would not ridicule UVA hoops if they "only" make the final four this year. Last time I checked, we were 0-5 in the ACC and headed nowhere again, but, go ahead and keep getting on UVA since they are "only" #2 and not considered the best right now. Yea, that makes sense. And, why is UVA "clearly" not the best "by a long shot"? In Ky.'s last 5 games, they have needed OT to beat an average Ole Miss team, 2 OT to beat an average A&M team, and just beat a below average Vandy team by 8.

I do believe Virginia has played a far tougher schedule than Kentucky. The ACC is the toughest basketball conference in the NCAA.
But, personally I do not like KY or UVA. But if they were to meet in NCAA tournament, I would probably hope UVA wins, because to dislike KY more than I dislike UVA. But if they do meet, I will not watch game, college baseball and softball will have started then. I rather watch baseball and softball than basketball .

I could see UVA's coach getting another job once the likes of jim boeheim, roy williams, etc. leave. Tony Bennett has done a wonderful job at UVA and could be lured away because of money.

Originally posted by pckank1:

Geez, count me as one VT fan who would not ridicule UVA hoops if they "only" make the final four this year. Last time I checked, we were 0-5 in the ACC and headed nowhere again, but, go ahead and keep getting on UVA since they are "only" #2 and not considered the best right now. Yea, that makes sense. And, why is UVA "clearly" not the best "by a long shot"? In Ky.'s last 5 games, they have needed OT to beat an average Ole Miss team, 2 OT to beat an average A&M team, and just beat a below average Vandy team by 8.
I wasn't talking to you. Do me a favor and click ignore just below my username. That way you don't feel the need to hypocritically antagonize me with sarcastic rhetoric while whining to me about others antagonizing you.

I actually like watching this UVa team as I stated in another thread, but I'm not going to show any praise to this guy coming over here to troll.

"Yea, that makes sense."

Sorry I had to make it make sense for you. Seriously though my man, click ignore on me, so you don't feel the need to press your luck. I've chewed my last piece of bubble gum.

As bad as we are in basketball, for now, I'd bet that we beat you in basketball again before you beat us in football. Enjoy it while you can.

I wasn't talking to you. Do me a favor and click ignore just below my username. That way you don't feel the need to hypocritically antagonize me with sarcastic rhetoric while whining to me about others antagonizing you.

I actually like watching this UVa team as I stated in another thread, but I'm not going to show any praise to this guy coming over here to troll.

"Yea, that makes sense."

Sorry I had to make it make sense for you. Seriously though my man, click ignore on me, so you don't feel the need to press your luck. I've chewed my last piece of bubble gum.
Wow. Considering you and many others like to attack pretty much everything I say on here, it is awfully interesting that you would react like this when I question something you post. Just so I will know, what do you mean "press your luck"?

Trolling or not the guy actually got some discussion on a board that is generally stale. Then Kank comes and brings evidence to suggest the gap between UK and the rest of the field isn't as great as some believe and now he's antagonized for it? But SBW has "admin" under his name, so he must be right
rolleyes.r191677.gif

And, why is UVA "clearly" not the best "by a long shot"?
Yup, can't say that's "clear" to me either Kank. UVA held GT to 28 last night. That's some pretty impressive defense, I don't care who you are. A team that plays defense like that might very well be the best, even if they are UVA. Don't know, time will tell, but it seems to me like they've staked their ground in this debate for now.

The stretch the Hoo's have after the VT game will show us all a lot......Duke, UNC and Louisville all in a row. If they make it through that 2-1 or better the ACC could be there's for the taking. They get credit for that awesome D but people don't realize their offensive effiency is one of the best in the country. If they stay injury free it could be a special season.....

Seriously - we brag a lot on 11 in a row over UVa in football. This is rivals - and we are playing UVa this weekend and I say let him talk. This game is a win-win for VT. If VT pulls it off - just wow. If UVa beats us 101-20 - we aren't good anyways.

However, I am still really sad about the state of hoops at VT - we are awful in men's and women's basketball. We aren't going to be good at baseball either this season. We have been very disappointing in the major sports since 2011 with the exception of football in 2011 and baseball in 2012.

Originally posted by Hoos19NC:
They get credit for that awesome D but people don't realize their offensive effiency is one of the best in the country.
If you don't want your offense to be overshadowed you've got to stop holding teams to 28.

What happened with Zegeren? I saw he was suspended and now he's gone from BB team.

What happened with Zegeren? I saw he was suspended and now he's gone from BB team.
He was suspended, and now he's gone from the team.

Thanks Smitty that really answered the question
Kind of hush hush. Argument with a coach at practice is about the most I got out of it. Must have been a hell of an argument.

Rumor on TSL is he flipped out in practice and threw a basketball at one of the coaches.

That's a shame he was a good player but kudos to Buzz for not putting up with that.

That's a shame he was a good player but kudos to Buzz for not putting up with that.
It's like in Hoosiers when Gene Hackman made a point by keeping a player on the bench for disciplinary reasons, and only playing with 4.

Except they won, and we keep losing, so it's not really like that at all.

If that's what happened I hope door did not hit his butt on the way out. no excuse for that type behavior .

I think a lot of Buzz and I know he cares a lot about his guys but I don't think he will put up with ego fits.

Originally posted by mrjolly01:

And, why is UVA "clearly" not the best "by a long shot"?
Yup, can't say that's "clear" to me either Kank. UVA held GT to 28 last night. That's some pretty impressive defense, I don't care who you are. A team that plays defense like that might very well be the best, even if they are UVA. Don't know, time will tell, but it seems to me like they've staked their ground in this debate for now.
I was just hacking on this particular Hoo. Kank knows that, because he posted after I did in this thread. He just likes to be dramatic and pretend for effect. It's his m.o.

I still think at this point Kentucky wins 8 out of 10 times and by prom night probably 9 out 10, but as I said before I would still pull for UVa.

Originally posted by BigLickMountee:

I could see UVA's coach getting another job once the likes of jim boeheim, roy williams, etc. leave. Tony Bennett has done a wonderful job at UVA and could be lured away because of money.
Do you know how much money old money is circling around UVA? Money will never be an issue, because the alumni will match an offer from another school. Both he and his wife have stated that they love Cville; so, the only and I do mean only outside chance of him leaving is to coach at Wisconsin. Luckily for us, his wife is from down south and hates the cold!

Besides, a move to UNC or Syracuse is just a lateral move at this point. UVA has the bball facilities and coach TB is getting the national recognition that allows him to recruit nationally.

The stretch the Hoo's have after the VT game will show us all a lot......Duke, UNC and Louisville all in a row. If they make it through that 2-1 or better the ACC could be there's for the taking. They get credit for that awesome D but people don't realize their offensive effiency is one of the best in the country. If they stay injury free it could be a special season.....
Honestly, it's the @ NC State after those three games that worries me the most. State is going to upset somebody come ACC & NCAA tourney time.

Originally posted by fishdude00:

Originally posted by BigLickMountee:

Do you know how much money old money is circling around UVA? Money will never be an issue, because the alumni will match an offer from another school.
Money is always an issue. Would UVA pay Bennett $25 million a year?

Glad I could help out with some chatter guys it was getting stale over here a little and I am a friendly troll by the way,
3dsmile.r191677.gif

I do not like UVA, but Bennett would be crazy to go somewhere else. He's coaching in best basketball conference there is. He making enough money that he can live comfortably and not have to find a part time job. granted Charlottesville isn't the nicest city to live in, but he could find a nice place out in the county, if he hasn't already.

Rumor on TSL is he flipped out in practice and threw a basketball at one of the coaches.
The rest of the team better be careful. I'm sure Williams is just lookin' for any reason to free up some more scholarships.

Originally posted by sknyluv:

The rest of the team better be careful. I'm sure Williams is just lookin' for any reason to free up some more scholarships.
Look for 1 or 2 more of JJ's recruits to depart at the end of this school year.

Given that Coach K is the highest paid coach at $7.2/year, your $25 million / year comment is quite unrealistic. To keep a Coach that's building a national program, I had no doubt the alumni would cough up the extra $$ to pay him more.

Originally posted by Hampton Roads 6:

I do not like UVA, but Bennett would be crazy to go somewhere else. He's coaching in best basketball conference there is. He making enough money that he can live comfortably and not have to find a part time job. granted Charlottesville isn't the nicest city to live in, but he could find a nice place out in the county, if he hasn't already.
I agree with everything in your comment except about Cville not being a nice city. I lived there for five years, before my job took me away.....it's a great city to live in.

.....it's a great city to live in.

unless you're an attractive college age female and it's dark outside......

.....it's a great city to live in.

unless you're an attractive college age female and it's dark outside......
Do we honestly want to start talking about crime rates on campus?

Wow Sunny.....I get a smack on the wrist for a few nicknames of VT players and yet you find that comment ok? Might want to use the edit button on yourself. I feel sure you wouldn't put up with anyone mentioning the horrible episode that happened at VT.....

This post was edited on 1/24 12:14 PM by Hoos19NC

Given that Coach K is the highest paid coach at $7.2/year, your $25 million / year comment is quite unrealistic. To keep a Coach that's building a national program, I had no doubt the alumni would cough up the extra $$ to pay him more.

So money is an issue? It is a matter of much UVA is willing to pay him. Of course you will pay him more, but how much is he worth to UVA compared to how much he might be worth to another team?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT