ADVERTISEMENT

Will talking football huh glad we have BB to stay in the present

Slow down HR....take your meds.....your post are all over the place today, even weird for you. I guess if VT had won the ACC in football this year you would agree they weren't really the Champion since they didn't play FSU or Clemson.......you would be poking your chest out as far as your belly if VT had won, balanced schedule or not. Now take those meds and lay down.....

Originally posted by pckank1:

Originally posted by Hampton Roads 6:

Alabama belonged before any of the other 3 teams.
LOL. Yep, only losing by 6 to Bo Wallace and Ole Miss definitely showed they belonged, right?

This post was edited on 1/27 11:49 AM by pckank1
Ole Miss was a solid team - beat Boise State, Memphis, Alabama, and Mississippi State. The Ole Miss - Auburn game could have went either way. Ole Miss smoked Texas A&M at Kyle Field. Ole Miss was hardly an also-ran. I know they got smoked by Arkansas - but Arky was an above average team lost some heartbreakers early in the year vs. A&M and Alabama.

However, Ole Miss could have played a mistake free game and they still would have lost to TCU - TCU is just better and a team that deserved to play for the national title. However, there were only 4 spots.

A lot of folks are picking one game a team won or lost, and making a case one way or the other. But no one is taking the Ohio State loss to VT and making a case.
In reality, every game that Alabama, TCU, Baylor and Oregon lost, was to a better team than VT.

The Committee should have taken OSU's loss to VT and thrown the Buckeyes out of the Committee Hotel Room on Day 1 of their get together.

Originally posted by vtpmt81:

Alabama belonged before any of the other 3 teams.
LOL. Yep, only losing by 6 to Bo Wallace and Ole Miss definitely showed they belonged, right?

This post was edited on 1/27 11:49 AM by pckank1
Ole Miss was a solid team - beat Boise State, Memphis, Alabama, and Mississippi State. The Ole Miss - Auburn game could have went either way. Ole Miss smoked Texas A&M at Kyle Field. Ole Miss was hardly an also-ran. I know they got smoked by Arkansas - but Arky was an above average team lost some heartbreakers early in the year vs. A&M and Alabama.

However, Ole Miss could have played a mistake free game and they still would have lost to TCU - TCU is just better and a team that deserved to play for the national title. However, there were only 4 spots.
Do you really think a TCU team that did not win its conference deserved to be in the playoff?

As for Ole Miss, they were far from a solid team. Sounds like you have been drinking too much SEC Kool Aid like HR. In addition to losing to Auburn and LSU, both of which turned out to be nothing great, they lost 30-0 to a 7-6 (2-6 in the SEC) Ark. team that was far from "above average", and they lost 42-3 to TCU. "Solid" teams don't lose 2 games by 30 or more points.

Back to OSU, I find it funny that HR still wants to say OSU did not belong, but Bama definitely did, ignoring what happened when they played on the field. Not only that, but the committee gave Bama a #1 seed and a cozy spot in the Sugar Bowl, but OSU still whipped them. Then, they followed that up by drilling an Oregon team that had just drilled FSU. Only HR would say that proves nothing.

HR, you really have a hard time admitting teams you hate are good, don't you? You just cannot give OSU football and UVA hoops credit, no matter what they accomplish. It is entertaining to most of us, so we thank you for that.

Yep ole HR is good for a laugh as long as you realize his knowledge is ......well......

I will NEVER give Ohio State credit. No one can ever convince me they belonged. Not Frank Beamer, Nick Saban, nor anyone on this board.

As for UVA basketball, the jury is still out.
This post was edited on 1/27 4:48 PM by Hampton Roads 6

I will NEVER give Ohio State credit. No one can ever convince me they belonged. Not Frank Beamer, Nick Saban, nor anyone on this board.

As for UVA basketball, the jury is still out.
This post was edited on 1/27 4:48 PM by Hampton Roads 6
Jury is still out? LOL. The last 2 seasons, UVA has beaten:

28-6 Syracuse, 26-9 Duke, 24-10 UNC, 26-10 Pitt twice, 19-2 ND, 18-3 Md., and 16-3 VCU. But, they still haven't played anybody, right?

I see Tickle is making the coffee at McDonalds in Gretna again.........................................................

You said Bennett did not go to Indiana because they have high expectations and would not give him time to implement his system, yet Tom Creane went 6-25, 10-21, and 12-20 his 1st 3 years at Indiana, and was obviously given plenty of time to turn things around. Why do you keep saying things just to say them without having anything to back up your comments?

There is no reason at all for Bennett to ever leave UVA. He will get paid plenty at one of the best schools in the country, in what most will say is the best conference in the country. He has already proved he can win there, and win at the highest level, unless 26-2 in the ACC the past 2 years tells you otherwise. And, if you think he is a 1 or 2 year wonder, you are definitely not keeping up with what he is doing there. They return almost everyone next year, and it looks like they will land some good recruits the next few years. They are not going away anytime soon, Bennett is not going anywhere, and we can count on them being real good for a very long time.

Why do you keep mentioning Ky. as if they have had no close calls this year? Impossible to prepare for them? Sure, like UVA, they are a real good team, but average Ole Miss and A&M teams seemed to prepare just fine for them. They are not unbeatable.
The hoosiers were starting to turn on Creane after the third season despite inheriting a team with 2 walkons and 3 yrs probation when he arrived. Luckily he had a breakout season the next year that saved his job. Bennett wanted no part of the mess Kelvin Sampson left and the microwave Hoosier fans. Expectations at Indiana are 10xs what they are at UVA.

And dont think UVA is a basketball dream job. Let one of the big boys in good standing come calling and youll see Bennett gone in a split second. No matter what he wins at UVA...the ACC is Duke, UNC and even UofL first and probably always will be.

Are you still talking.....all I hear is Blah Blah Blah......I guess you've met with Bennett and he let you in on future plans...LMAO

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT