ADVERTISEMENT

Wow, 180 degree turn in emotions at the end of that game!

BigDaddyHokie

All-American
Gold Member
Oct 24, 2007
Well done D! You and Stroman get the game ball!

Some key 3rd down conversions for our O today too!

Great game for our seniors!

Well done D! You and Stroman get the game ball!

Some key 3rd down conversions for our O today too!

Great game for our seniors!

A few takeaways from the game
  • Greg Stroman has had a great career at Tech. Hasn't gotten the recognition he deserves.
  • Mook Reynolds has missed some critical open field tackles this year. He's better than that.
  • We don't have a running back who can gain 2 yards on 3rd down. Why not pass to the tight end like we've done in the past
  • Fuentes seems to be adopting Beamer's play not to lose mentality.

A few takeaways from the game
  • Greg Stroman has had a great career at Tech. Hasn't gotten the recognition he deserves.
  • Mook Reynolds has missed some critical open field tackles this year. He's better than that.
  • We don't have a running back who can gain 2 yards on 3rd down. Why not pass to the tight end like we've done in the past
  • Fuentes seems to be adopting Beamer's play not to lose mentality.
Fuentes is just a younger version of Beamer - way too conservative. Also, on 3rd or 4th and 1, I totally agree that a naked bookleg type of play almost always works with option to run or pass to TE. Believe it or not against GT I was yelling 'Try bootleg..... bootleg!' to my TV before the ball was snapped on that final play on 4th and 1. I am confident it would have worked. Fuentes called the worst possible play under that scenario.

Since the Miami game, it seems to me as if Jackson's shoulder is injured. Earlier in the season he was very effective in throwing across the middle, the last few games he's not doing that nearly as much, much softer throws and doing the up for grabs lob to the sideline as a key "weapon". Also, earlier in the season there was more of a pass to run approach while now it's a run to pass deal. I don't imagine he became old school on his own without a reason.

You may be right. He likely is somewhat banged up. This staff does not disclose injuries or provide much in terms of details. If he is hurt, why keep playing him, get Bush ready to play. The season is almost over, it may not be a bad idea to give Bush a chance and let him start one game. If he comes through, great, if not the staff will know what to do for next season.

Does anyone know where I can find a video replay of the touchdown saving tackle by Reggie Floyd on the long pass play ?

Does anyone know where I can find a video replay of the touchdown saving tackle by Reggie Floyd on the long pass play ?
Google "Pass the goal line Pat" for the best video on that play and the subsequent goal line stand set to "Sweet Caroline". Tell me if you don't love it!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT