ADVERTISEMENT

Wow #9 seed!

It's interesting it is Shayok. I thought he was the best "break down the defense" player UVA had last year, but wasn't used as he should have been. There were more than a few games where UVA looked hopeless on O and where was Shayok, but on the bench. I didn't understand it. Maybe now I do.

Kind of knew Reuter would leave, he never developed into the player down low we needed. Word is Shayok knew he would be limited with Hunter coming off his red shirt. Thompson was the real surprise, he transferred to UVA and now transferring out, raises a red flag. I got to believe he knew he wouldn't start as a senior and wanted a chance to do that somewhere else. I appreciate all they did for UVA and wish them nothing but best in their future endeavors.

As I have stated before, "NCAA needs to crack down on transfers". So many players are transferring, it's almost comical. It's like a kid getting mad and taking his ball and goes home.

As I have stated before, "NCAA needs to crack down on transfers". So many players are transferring, it's almost comical. It's like a kid getting mad and taking his ball and goes home.
I saw where 700 kids transferred after last season in Basketball.....that's an average of almost 2 per team. That's a lot....

Thompson was the real surprise, he transferred to UVA and now transferring out, raises a red flag.

Not a red flag. As long as he has eligibility remaining and he thinks there's a better situation for him, the rules allow it. Adam Smith transferred from UNCW to us and then back out again to GT, and it worked out great for Adam and GT. He probably got a lot more minutes in his senior season by doing that then he would at VT where we were adding more guards. Its about PT and exposure.

Not a red flag. As long as he has eligibility remaining and he thinks there's a better situation for him, the rules allow it. Adam Smith transferred from UNCW to us and then back out again to GT, and it worked out great for Adam and GT. He probably got a lot more minutes in his senior season by doing that then he would at VT where we were adding more guards. Its about PT and exposure.
Good example.....I know UVA is actively looking for transfers now to help with the lose of these 3 guys but I hate all these senior transfers in football and basketball.....it's getting crazy.

NCAA needs to crack down on transfers. It's almost becoming a joke. They might as well allow schools to trade players, like pro sports do. I always thought college was a 4 year commitment.

NCAA needs to crack down on transfers. It's almost becoming a joke. They might as well allow schools to trade players, like pro sports do. I always thought college was a 4 year commitment.
In basketball, as long as there's a 1 and done, I see it as a lesser evil with a four or five and done even with transfers. I also have a problem with us judging the players for transferring while coaches get a pass.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT