ADVERTISEMENT

wow! I cannot believe my eyes.

well, just like a sweet dream got cut short. What a stupid turn over could do to such a nice opening! Then we gift wrapped two TDs to them, and killed several our own offensive big gains with penalties. I hope our coach will make adjustment in the half time. It seems that our D is getting tired and cannot stop their offense a bit.

well, just like a sweet dream got cut short. What a stupid turn over could do to such a nice opening! Then we gift wrapped two TDs to them, and killed several our own offensive big gains with penalties. I hope our coach will make adjustment in the half time. It seems that our D is getting tired and cannot stop their offense a bit.
If Tenn scores on their first possession of the 2nd half, this game may be over. Yes, our defense can't stop them at this point.

almost 500k for the worst special teams I have ever witnessed in Blacksburg, don't know what you got until its gone.................................

almost 500k for the worst special teams I have ever witnessed in Blacksburg, don't know what you got until its gone.................................
I told you guys to be careful what you wish for.....maybe you can blame it on the uniforms.

First of all, there is a lot of adjustment to the new offensive scheme to be made. You don't blame a coach for fumbles. Period. You protect the ball and every football player knows this. I am sure this will be stressed. You look at the fumble caused by timing issue of adjusting player. One of the issues with that was the quarterback lining up too close to the line - - he couldn't see the adjustment as it was happening. These are little things that can be fixed. Perhaps speeding things up contributed to that a bit and why the timing was off. Those things will be fixed.

Overall, I think that we have a lot of positive things to reflect on. We had UT on its heels in the first quarter due to mixed play calling and looks confusing the defense. That is very positive. Overall offensive stats are in our favor. That is a huge positive. If not for the fumbles, we probably would have won this game. Fumbles will be fixed. Our offense is getting better and will be better during the year. I think that we still have a bright future under the new coach and I look forward to the rest of the year.

Execution problems can be fixed. Our D was good when TN didn't start their O in the red zone.

We'll be better fixing these things as the season progresses.

Reactions: salemfan32
First of all, there is a lot of adjustment to the new offensive scheme to be made. You don't blame a coach for fumbles. Period. You protect the ball and every football player knows this. I am sure this will be stressed. You look at the fumble caused by timing issue of adjusting player. One of the issues with that was the quarterback lining up too close to the line - - he couldn't see the adjustment as it was happening. These are little things that can be fixed. Perhaps speeding things up contributed to that a bit and why the timing was off. Those things will be fixed.

Overall, I think that we have a lot of positive things to reflect on. We had UT on its heels in the first quarter due to mixed play calling and looks confusing the defense. That is very positive. Overall offensive stats are in our favor. That is a huge positive. If not for the fumbles, we probably would have won this game. Fumbles will be fixed. Our offense is getting better and will be better during the year. I think that we still have a bright future under the new coach and I look forward to the rest of the year.
I agree with you man. We would have had a good shot at winning ifnot for the fumbles. I wouldn't pay Shane $50 as a head coach. This team has fire.....just need to fix the mistakes. And Wtf is Tellers issue?

You can definitely see the potential for explosiveness the VT offense has, they really have a lot of weapons, just have to work on protecting the football. Definitely spotted Tennessee crazy good field position on several of those turnovers and the Vols took advantage. The silly penalties that they committed last night need to be cleaned up as well. Those didn't help at all.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT