ADVERTISEMENT

Wow, Mark Richt goes 9-3 and gets booted out of UGA

Not me. I want the same offense with the QB staring at the sideline until they have to call a time out, then staring at the sideline after the timeout and getting the play off with 2 seconds to go on the play clock, with that play being a run up the middle.
that would be hilarious had we not seen it over and over

Sorry to spoil it for you but Frank didn't reach his decision to leave on his on. Surely you are smart enough to know this....
In fact he did, unless you mean the atmosphere influenced his decision. He was not pressured out by Admin.

. They are recovering but it has taken years.....I'm afraid my Gamecocks may move back to the middle of the SEC East with the UT improvement.....
I think you are right on the Gamecocks, not a great hire for them. One of the most impressive things about UT is the fact they have continued to draw over 100,000 for home games even during these years they have been so bad. I'm not sure UVA had 100,000 if you add all the games together.

Wow! Two mediocre teams fans going at it.
Smitty got it right though. Of all the things I will miss it's our team all craning to pick up he next O play which is usually late because Scott is trying to decide which side of the line to rush.

Sorry to spoil it for you but Frank didn't reach his decision to leave on his on. Surely you are smart enough to know this....
There you go assuming. Maybe you will explain to me the part about "Welsh retired like Frank". Please help me understand.

They both retired from the pressure being put on them.
Welsh was basically thrown out and had no say in the matter. That's why he was overheard saying "they won't have George Welsh to kick around anymore" as he left the news conference. While Beamer had pressure, most of it came from within and he decided when the time was right to resign and let the program go in another direction. I think most everyone will agree that the situation was handled in a very classy manner by all parties. Coach Welsh, not so much.

Welsh was basically thrown out and had no say in the matter. That's why he was overheard saying "they won't have George Welsh to kick around anymore" as he left the news conference. While Beamer had pressure, most of it came from within and he decided when the time was right to resign and let the program go in another direction. I think most everyone will agree that the situation was handled in a very classy manner by all parties. Coach Welsh, not so much.
If that makes you feel better about the situation then go with it.

That's it, that's all you got to say? In your original post you said "best I remember, Welsh retired JUST LIKE FRANK. So you have a lousy memory. Their retirements couldn't have been more different. So I give you a few facts and your response is "if that makes you feel better go with it". Since you've used that one before I kinda expected another juvenile response.

That's it, that's all you got to say? In your original post you said "best I remember, Welsh retired JUST LIKE FRANK. So you have a lousy memory. Their retirements couldn't have been more different. So I give you a few facts and your response is "if that makes you feel better go with it". Since you've used that one before I kinda expected another juvenile response.
Seriously....you don't think FB retired because he was feeling the heat? I guess you believe he woke up one morning and said I think I will call it a career. Pretty nieve if you do. No way Whitt was bringing him back next year so Frank bowed out, as he should have, and made Whitts job much easier.

Seriously....you don't think FB retired because he was feeling the heat? I guess you believe he woke up one morning and said I think I will call it a career. Pretty nieve if you do. No way Whitt was bringing him back next year so Frank bowed out, as he should have, and made Whitts job much easier.
That's what Whit says happened, that's what Frank says happened. Frank seems delighted that his career is ending the way it is.

I think he felt pressure from the fan base, based on Shane's comments on people being cruel on social media, but he had no pressure from admin. Unless you count the meeting with Babcock in '14 where they both agreed they "want the same thing".

Babcock wouldn't have pressured him in the middle of the season.

I can't remember where I read it but coach Beamer was credited with saying that he knew this was his last season when he came out of practice last summer. The question was not if he was going to retire at the end of last season but when he was going to announce it. He was really torn on this.

I can't remember where I read it but coach Beamer was credited with saying that he knew this was his last season when he came out of practice last summer. The question was not if he was going to retire at the end of last season but when he was going to announce it. He was really torn on this.
I had never heard this before. If you remember where you saw it, plz post. Thx,

If Mendenhall goes 9-3, they will build a stature of him on top of some mountain near Hooville.

I see another QB is transferring from hoos. Cutler is leaving........again. I predict if Mendenhall doesn't win a game, he will have less QBs transferring than London had.

If Mendenhall goes 9-3, they will build a stature of him on top of some mountain near Hooville.

I see another QB is transferring from hoos. Cutler is leaving........again. I predict if Mendenhall doesn't win a game, he will have less QBs transferring than London had.
i guess the kid didn't want to continue being 3rd string....look for him to end up in a FCS program. Maybe Lawson can transfer to UVA since it looks like he will be riding the pine for 2 more years. I guess he will be thrilled at losing his redshirt for nothing and then have a JUCO come in and push him back again.

i guess the kid didn't want to continue being 3rd string....look for him to end up in a FCS program. Maybe Lawson can transfer to UVA since it looks like he will be riding the pine for 2 more years. I guess he will be thrilled at losing his redshirt for nothing and then have a JUCO come in and push him back again.
Haha! Nice try. But a fail nonetheless.

A team needs 2 QBs who can win games.

I never understood all the QBs going to UVA considering London's track record in developing QBs. If I were a QB, UVA would be last place in country I'd want to go to. One has to look no farther than Michael Rocco to see how QBs got thrown under the bus. Rocco led hoos to 8-4 record and a bowl, the best showing by a hoo team in years. Then following season the bus came along and he got thrown under it. (I believe Philip Sims was driving the bus)

A team needs 2 QBs who can win games.

I never understood all the QBs going to UVA considering London's track record in developing QBs. If I were a QB, UVA would be last place in country I'd want to go to. One has to look no farther than Michael Rocco to see how QBs got thrown under the bus. Rocco led hoos to 8-4 record and a bowl, the best showing by a hoo team in years. Then following season the bus came along and he got thrown under it. (I believe Philip Sims was driving the bus)
I'm not going to defend anything London did except recruit well....

Reactions: Hampton Roads 6
One of your local Hoos told me this morning that UVA has better players than VT returning.

But I got last laugh on him:

I told him I was going to make a phone call that he's never made. He said what's that ? I said "watch this".
I then called VT Ticket Office and asked "when are bowl tickets being shipped" ? He was speechless.

Reactions: vt1hokie
One of your local Hoos told me this morning that UVA has better players than VT returning.

But I got last laugh on him:

I told him I was going to make a phone call that he's never made. He said what's that ? I said "watch this".
I then called VT Ticket Office and asked "when are bowl tickets being shipped" ? He was speechless.
Good one....it would be like a Hokie asking about NCAA BB tickets....why?

Reactions: Salemite
I'd rather go to a bowl game than some NCAA basketball game. There is 2 or 3 people around town every time I see them they start talking basketball. I told them this morning , when I get football season out of the way, then I start getting ready for baseball and softball. I did not acknowledge basketball was taking place.
I recall hearing years ago, that basketball was invented by Dr. Naismith to give football and baseball players something to do during the winter months

I'd rather go to a bowl game than some NCAA basketball game. There is 2 or 3 people around town every time I see them they start talking basketball. I told them this morning , when I get football season out of the way, then I start getting ready for baseball and softball. I did not acknowledge basketball was taking place.
I recall hearing years ago, that basketball was invented by Dr. Naismith to give football and baseball players something to do during the winter months
Great answer when you don't have a basketball team to talk about.....I keep hearing you will have one in a couple of years, so hang on it will get better. By the way have you got your Hoos NC Baseball shirt yet?

Good one....it would be like a Hokie asking about NCAA BB tickets....why?
After Bennett leaves next year and Littlepage hires a Division 2 coach, and you fall back into medricirity, we'll see how much crowing you do.

Great answer when you don't have a basketball team to talk about.....I keep hearing you will have one in a couple of years, so hang on it will get better.
I predict by next year we'll be splitting regularly again. Sweeping, if Bennett goes to Wisconsin and recruits decommit. I personally hope Bennett does stay at UVA because I've been looking forward to the Buzz-Bennett series once Buzz has his pieces in place. I think it will/would be a good one.

I predict by next year we'll be splitting regularly again. Sweeping, if Bennett goes to Wisconsin and recruits decommit. I personally hope Bennett does stay at UVA because I've been looking forward to the Buzz-Bennett series once Buzz has his pieces in place. I think it will/would be a good one.
Maybe Wisconsin should come after Buzz he has Wisconsin ties....how long before Curly has the Hokies contending for ACC titles?

Maybe Wisconsin should come after Buzz he has Wisconsin ties....how long before Curly has the Hokies contending for ACC titles?
Not worried about Buzz. He'll leave for a bigger job sometime, when he does we'll take the kick start he's given our program and build on it with another solid hire by Babcock. As far as winning an ACC, haven't you asked this same question just recently? No matter, I will reiterate - I wouldn't be able to say. Its tough to win an ACC in this league but you can still be an NCAA team and that's my ultimate measure of success for Buzz or any coach of this program. We need to progress to the point that we are playing well enough to be on the NCAA bubble watch again, which probably goes as many as 7 or 8 teams deep in the ACC. My opinions of how long are shaped by the amount of progress I observe taking place. We need to be good enough to be a bubble team first. That's not this year IMO, but it might happen by next year at the rate we are showing improvement. I'm very pleased with the progress I'm seeing.

BTW, Buzz didn't have a special clause about the Wisconsin job in his contract. FWIW.

Last edited:
Not worried about Buzz. He'll leave for a bigger job sometime, when he does we'll take the kick start he's given our program and build on it with another solid hire by Babcock. As far as winning an ACC, haven't you asked this same question just recently? No matter, I will reiterate - I wouldn't be able to say. Its tough to win an ACC in this league but you can still be an NCAA team and that's my ultimate measure of success for Buzz or any coach of this program. We need to progress to the point that we are playing well enough to be on the NCAA bubble watch again, which probably goes as many as 7 or 8 teams deep in the ACC. My opinions of how long are shaped by the amount of progress I observe taking place. We need to be good enough to be a bubble team first. That's not this year IMO, but it might happen by next year at the rate we are showing improvement. I'm very pleased with the progress I'm seeing.

Not trying to start an argument but are you really seeing improvement? Your best win is UAB and they have a BPI of 139.....just not sure how you can see improvement with the schedule you have played so far. I believe you will have to wait until the ACC starts to really see if this team has improved.

Not trying to start an argument but are you really seeing improvement? Your best win is UAB and they have a BPI of 139.....just not sure how you can see improvement with the schedule you have played so far. I believe you will have to wait until the ACC starts to really see if this team has improved.
I'm seeing plenty of improvement. But I watch them a lot more and a lot more closely than you do, so I can see improvement in things like talent, fundamentals, chemistry, energy, maturity etc., and not just wins and losses. Improvement means getting better game to game and that is definitely happening with this team. From what I'm seeing now I expect them to be more competitive in ACC play this year than last year. I think there will be at least a subtle improvement in wins and losses this season, but the real breakthrough in wins and losses will come next year. I do think they'll win a few more ACC games this year than last year, and be a lot more competitive in the games they were blown out of last year.

I'm seeing plenty of improvement. But I watch them a lot more and a lot more closely than you do, so I can see improvement in things like talent, fundamentals, chemistry, energy, maturity etc., and not just wins and losses. Improvement means getting better game to game and that is definitely happening with this team. From what I'm seeing now I expect them to be more competitive in ACC play this year than last year. I think there will be at least a subtle improvement in wins and losses this season, but the real breakthrough in wins and losses will come next year. I do think they'll win a few more ACC games this year than last year, and be a lot more competitive in the games they were blown out of last year.
Not going to argue any of your thoughts, I have watched them very little this year. I was just wondering based on who they have played so far and the results.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT