ADVERTISEMENT

Y'all see Dabo yell at his punter for a ong time?

BigDaddyHokie

All-American
Gold Member
Oct 24, 2007
If it was my son getting yelled at like that I'd be in Dabo's face.

Last edited:
Do something ridiculously stupid trying to cost your team an undefeated season and a playoff berth...get yelled at.

I don't see the problem here.

Reactions: Salemite
He called his own fake punt in his own territory without authorization (which failed miserably) and gift wrapped a short field TD to let UNC back in the game.

UNC got seriously hosed by the refs with that blown onside kick call.

I guess the ACC refs got the call from the front office that Clemson better win this game no matter what. And it was looking real iffy if Clemson could hang on to win without some serious help.

I guess the ACC refs got the call from the front office that Clemson better win this game no matter what. And it was looking real iffy if Clemson could hang on to win without some serious help.
Live by the cheat die by the cheat. Guess the UNCheats will print themselves some ACC champion tees.

Seriously though, the ref who threw that flag should never officiate another college football game.

What????. London didn't call that fake punt......when I saw the bad call on the onside kick I smiled knowing the Cheaters got exactly what they deserved. That Karmas a bitch.....

I was rooting for Clemson in this game. The refs have blown calls all year in our conference and they are the biggest disgrace in the ACC.

Last edited:
Live by the cheat die by the cheat. Guess the UNCheats will print themselves some ACC champion tees.

Seriously though, the ref who threw that flag should never officiate another college football game.

As long as they dump the crew that couldn't see the unCheat bobbled td as well!

Blah blah
Poetic justice
Sweet irony, cheating a-holes get cheated
Perfect call by official
May there be much more

Reactions: Flashman

I'd give him the freaking Super Bowl

The penalty was not because a player crossed the 35 before the ball was kicked but was assessed because of the way they lined up prior to the kick. They have to be lined up inside the 9 yard marker which on a kickoff from the 35 would be the 31. At least 2 players to the kickers right are out of line and 3 on the kickers left. As soon as the ball is kicked the flag is thrown and that is when you would do it. I read in the rules that they look at this more in an onsides kick than a regular kickoff. I would imagine the ACC office will respond to all the talk going on and this will be the explanation. As bad as ACC refs are they really got this right. Should it have been called?? That will be argued forever.
CVhmMYqWIAALcYr.jpg

CVhxlqnU4AAFsrj.jpg

6 Otis4411, Today at 10:50 AM
Last edited: Today at 10:57 AM

Yeah, I saw that explanation in the other thread and it makes sense...except for the 9 yard marker and 31 yard line comments.

What is the 9 yard marker, and how do you kick from the 35 so you have to be lined up at the 31 because of said 9 yard marker?

My math is shaky sometimes, but even using my toes, I see no combination of 9 and 35 that gives you 31?

Yeah, I saw that explanation in the other thread and it makes sense...except for the 9 yard marker and 31 yard line comments.

What is the 9 yard marker, and how do you kick from the 35 so you have to be lined up at the 31 because of said 9 yard marker?

My math is shaky sometimes, but even using my toes, I see no combination of 9 and 35 that gives you 31?

9 yards from the side line.

9 yards from the side line.
That's what I thought the 9 yard marker was, so what does this explanation mean?

"They have to be lined up inside the 9 yard marker which on a kickoff from the 35 would be the 31."

The reason for the rule is that in previous years, after the official gave the ready signal to the kicker, some teams would sneak their 11th player on the field before the kick. The other team would not account for him and would assume the ball was going to the other side where there were more guys lined up. Now...all 11 players have to be lined up inside the markers at the ready signal or it is a 5 yard penalty.

I actually had some fairly complicated math classes in college (calculus 4, thermodynamics, heat transfer, fluid dynamics, etc), but none of those classes gave me enough knowledge to decipher what was written above.

On fake punt, UNC should have been flagged when coaches ran onto field congratulating defense for stopping punter.

That's what I thought the 9 yard marker was, so what does this explanation mean?

"They have to be lined up inside the 9 yard marker which on a kickoff from the 35 would be the 31."

They have to be 9 yards or more from the sideline -- it looks like at least 3 players lined up closer to the sideline than 9 yards (2 at the top and the one underlined in yellow at the bottom; the red arrow points to the 9 yard mark).

It doesn't matter where they line up, BTW, as long as they get inside the 9 yard marker at some point after the ready-for-play signal. The rule doesn't say they have to stay there, so they can come in momentarily and then drift back out. In that regard, the posted picture is useless and doesn't tell you anything at all.

My specific question was where did the 31 yard line comment from when explaining the 9 yard marker?

I actually had some fairly complicated math classes in college (calculus 4, thermodynamics, heat transfer, fluid dynamics, etc), but none of those classes gave me enough knowledge to decipher what was written above.
That's the nature of bullshit.

ADVERTISEMENT