ADVERTISEMENT

Botched onside kick call against UNC

LOL, and nothing better than seeing ol' Twinkie go 11/33. The only thing better than a UNC loss is multiple UNC losses. I hope the clowns get bounced from whatever bowl they wind up in.

LMAO, karma bit the whining bitches in the ass. I'm positive it was a make up call for the phantom touchdown in overtime against us. Basketball season is upon us, CHEATERS sure you will get more than fair share of calls now.

-

I could just hear Fedora screaming at the refs.....we are the cheaters not you, reverse the call!!!!

I love to hear the butthurt Carolina media whine like banshees.

Last edited:
The penalty was not because a player crossed the 35 before the ball was kicked but was assessed because of the way they lined up prior to the kick. They have to be lined up inside the 9 yard marker which on a kickoff from the 35 would be the 31. At least 2 players to the kickers right are out of line and 3 on the kickers left. As soon as the ball is kicked the flag is thrown and that is when you would do it. I read in the rules that they look at this more in an onsides kick than a regular kickoff. I would imagine the ACC office will respond to all the talk going on and this will be the explanation. As bad as ACC refs are they really got this right. Should it have been called?? That will be argued forever.
CVhmMYqWIAALcYr.jpg

CVhxlqnU4AAFsrj.jpg

Last edited:
There is nothing to argue, if they are offside then a penalty needs to be called. Whether it is the LOS or a kickoff.

The penalty was not because a player crossed the 35 before the ball was kicked but was assessed because of the way they lined up prior to the kick. They have to be lined up inside the 9 yard marker which on a kickoff from the 35 would be the 31. At least 2 players to the kickers right are out of line and 3 on the kickers left. As soon as the ball is kicked the flag is thrown and that is when you would do it. I read in the rules that they look at this more in an onsides kick than a regular kickoff. I would imagine the ACC office will respond to all the talk going on and this will be the explanation. As bad as ACC refs are they really got this right. Should it have been called?? That will be argued forever.
CVhmMYqWIAALcYr.jpg

CVhxlqnU4AAFsrj.jpg
Nice jon...post this on the Tarheel site...

I could just hear Fedora screaming at the refs.....we are the cheaters not you, reverse the call!!!!

Good one, I like that. Def not offsides, but payback for the bs td call in OT vs Hokies! Them losing will not keep clemson outta playoffs - once unCheat has to start forfeiting W's wouldn't be much consolation to clemson having been left outta NC chase.

CVhmMYqWIAALcYr.jpg

CVhxlqnU4AAFsrj.jpg
Well, thanks for NOTHING! I was happy thinking the tarholes got hosed. But Mr. Rules won't let well enough alone. ;)

CVhmMYqWIAALcYr.jpg

CVhxlqnU4AAFsrj.jpg
To be honest, I don't really care whether it was the right call or not. Officials make mistakes, but UNC made them all game long and that's why they lost. I mean, Clemson had how many yards of offense? 600? Anyway, even if they had recovered the onsides kick, there's no guarantee they would have a.) scored a TD and b.) scored a TD and converted the 2 point conversion. Even if that happens, they still have to win in OT. Simply put, Clemson was the better team as everyone thought. Watson could have beaten them blindfolded.

You didn't hear Tech fans bitching nonstop after the ref erroneously gave UNC that game-winning TD catch against us. We lost because of wasted opportunities. But Hokie fans have some humility unlike those entitled assclowns in Chapel Hill with their swollen sense of self-regard. Every time UNC loses a game they bitch and moan about the officiating and that's because they believe, consciously or implicitly, that they own everyone and everything and that people owe them favors due to their "superior" station in life.

To be honest, I don't really care whether it was the right call or not. Officials make mistakes, but UNC made them all game long and that's why they lost. I mean, Clemson had how many yards of offense? 600? Anyway, even if they had recovered the onsides kick, there's no guarantee they would have a.) scored a TD and b.) scored a TD and converted the 2 point conversion. Even if that happens, they still have to win in OT. Simply put, Clemson was the better team as everyone thought. Watson could have beaten them blindfolded.

You didn't hear Tech fans bitching nonstop after the ref erroneously gave UNC that game-winning TD catch against us. We lost because of wasted opportunities. But Hokie fans have some humility unlike those entitled assclowns in Chapel Hill with their swollen sense of self-regard. Every time UNC loses a game they bitch and moan about the officiating and that's because they believe, consciously or implicitly, that they own everyone and everything and that people owe them favors due to their "superior" station in life.

You're a great American, Heaks.

For some reason Clemson played like they were very hesitant. If they played UNC again I believe that it would be a landslide victory. That is if UNC doesn't get to the officials before the game.

The ACC Commissioner is a UNC guy, and I have noticed that he has a lot of power with NCAA Headquarters.

Well, thanks for NOTHING! I was happy thinking the tarholes got hosed. But Mr. Rules won't let well enough alone. ;)

Well it looks like I'm wrong. On the tarheels blitz board they quoted a statement from the ACC where they stated 3 players broke the plane of the 35 on the kickoff. So you guys rejoice cause they sure got hosed according to that. I hate that the ACC has such bad refs and its been that way for years. We got screwed in The Shoe back in 2003 on an interception call against the Buckeyes with ACC refs. They had a picture of them in the Columbus paper the next day calling them keystone cops.

Reactions: Salemite
I do not know why, but ACC Refs are bad. They must have the best refs in another conference. I have met a few ACC refs. Most think that when they "break wind" it doesn't stink.

Well it looks like I'm wrong. On the tarheels blitz board they quoted a statement from the ACC where they stated 3 players broke the plane of the 35 on the kickoff. So you guys rejoice cause they sure got hosed according to that. I hate that the ACC has such bad refs and its been that way for years. We got screwed in The Shoe back in 2003 on an interception call against the Buckeyes with ACC refs. They had a picture of them in the Columbus paper the next day calling them keystone cops.

A-ha! I saw that on the reply, but wasn't sure if you had to step over or if merely leaning over and breaking the plane would trigger it. Clearly when the ball is kicked several players were ahead of the plane, but hadn't stepped over (akin to a runner leaning to break the tape at the end of the race). I do, however, think that 9-yard marker tidbit is interesting. Hadn't heard of that before.

UNCheat lost.....who cares about the call, they got exactly what they deserved. They are a bunch of cheaters and I thought it was one of the best things all year that they got cheated on the call.....LMAO. Screw the Blue Clowns.

UNCheat lost.....who cares about the call, they got exactly what they deserved. They are a bunch of cheaters and I thought it was one of the best things all year that they got cheated on the call.....LMAO. Screw the Blue Clowns.
I don't like liking a hoo. Stop your madness.

And as an interesting note, on ESPN's bowl preview show, they were talking about UNC's (and Fedora's) success this year. One of the commentators, Mack Brown, said, as my memory serves me: "Now that they have all their academic problems behind them, they can look forward to some solid seasons". All the other commentators nodded in agreement. What is that all about?

And as an interesting note, on ESPN's bowl preview show, they were talking about UNC's (and Fedora's) success this year. One of the commentators, Mack Brown, said, as my memory serves me: "Now that they have all their academic problems behind them, they can look forward to some solid seasons". All the other commentators nodded in agreement. What is that all about?
That is 24K hypocrisy.
Espn = accessories after the fact

Rumor has it the Magic Ethics Fairy paid UNC a visit and they were instantly cured.

A-ha! I saw that on the reply, but wasn't sure if you had to step over or if merely leaning over and breaking the plane would trigger it. Clearly when the ball is kicked several players were ahead of the plane, but hadn't stepped over (akin to a runner leaning to break the tape at the end of the race). I do, however, think that 9-yard marker tidbit is interesting. Hadn't heard of that before.
There are lots of things in a sports rule book the average has never heard of. If you really want to find out how little you actually know about a sport, put on one the zebra shirts and officiate a few games. An unreal experience.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT