ADVERTISEMENT

Hoos win CWS

UVA beats Vanderbilt 4-2 to win CWS. But they could not beat Virginia Tech.

I guess not beating Va Tech this season is something those boys will have to live with for the rest of their lives ... along with the national championship.

And for the record ... that's three national championships for UVA this year. Three. This year. Three.

I think Hoos CWS title will inspire other schools' baseball in the state, and none more than VT. For years only football mattered at VT. While football still drives the train, I look for improvement in most every sport as result of new AD on board.

I think Hoos CWS title will inspire other schools' baseball in the state, and none more than VT. For years only football mattered at VT. While football still drives the train, I look for improvement in most every sport as result of new AD on board.
I'm absolutely ecstatic.

Final figures show UVa with $67 profit from hot dog sales. Proud of our suburban cousins.

UVA beats Vanderbilt 4-2 to win CWS. But they could not beat Virginia Tech.
That was a nice little accomplishment while we were on the way to winning a National Championship!!!! Great day to be a Hoo, of course everyday is a great day to be a Hoo!!! That win also wrapped up the Capital One Cup as the best overall sports program for 2015.......just call me Hoos23NC!!!!!!

As sacrilege as it may be, I was actually rooting for the 'Hoos last night. That's the first time I've rooted for ooVeeA since the late 70's, just before I decided to become a Hokie. I think they had the trio of Raker, Lamp, and Jones at that time... I got smart and went to VT. Still it was a cool victory last night. Congratulations Wahoos!

As sacrilege as it may be, I was actually rooting for the 'Hoos last night. That's the first time I've rooted for ooVeeA since the late 70's, just before I decided to become a Hokie. I think they had the trio of Raker, Lamp, and Jones at that time... I got smart and went to VT. Still it was a cool victory last night. Congratulations Wahoos!
Thanks guys, it was a thrill for sure. I think the coach is a classy guy, nice to see the good guys win once in a while.

Just heard HR is in Charlottesville for the return of the team.....LOL....I think the Hokie nation should ban him for life!!!

Wish I could go to their board to congratulate them. So hope you don't mind if I do it here.

Congrats Hoos!

Yeah it is a good title so congrats.

Also impressive was the come-from-behind wins being down one game then in each win I believe.

Great job and well deserving of congratulations. No way in hell I'm going to root for an SEC team.

UVA baseball is the only team up there that I know of, that is 100% classy. There's so much difference between Hoo baseball and Hoo football, it's like 2 different schools up there. I root for Hoo baseball every game except when they play VT and Liberty University.
I agree that this is UVA's first "real" national championship.

That was a nice little accomplishment while we were on the way to winning a National Championship!!!! Great day to be a Hoo, of course everyday is a great day to be a Hoo!!! That win also wrapped up the Capital One Cup as the best overall sports program for 2015.......just call me Hoos23NC!!!!!!

Capital One Cup? Is that the thing ESPN recreated a few years ago? Saw you guys finished 6th in the actual one, the Director's Cup. Nice work.

The DIrector's Cup is the dumbest ranking system in the history of the world. They award the exact same number of points for an underwater basket weaving title as they do for a football title.

It takes a special kind of stupid to come up with a system like that.

HR thanks for the newspaper on the Hoos win...it was delivered today, I appreciate you thinking of me.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT