ADVERTISEMENT

If Tech keeps winning, which I think they'll play in the ACC Championship, will Tech flip UNC recruits from Va.

TN-Gamecock

Walk-On
May 10, 2002
For the life of me, I don't know why UNC has 4 recruits committed that are highly rated from Virginia. I get Bama and maybe Clemson BUT UNC?

If y'all win out, do you think there's a chance to flip those UNC commits from Virginia to Tech?

I don't think Tech will lose another ACC game. Here's hoping Hokies beat Irish...

GO Gamecocks!! Go Hokies!!

Especially in Pittsburgh. But remember we shut them down two years ago in Lane (in the rain). Pickett is the best QB Tech faces the rest of the regular season, so pass rush will be crucial.

Pickett is real good. He came back this year to improve his draft stock to early rounds.

North Carolina is closer to the 757 than VT. Getting an alumni who played great ball in college, then the NFL, come back to his old stomping grounds has paid dividends for cheater U. VT, on the other hand, is concentrating more on the 757, but also has a number of NC guys on their roster. Getting the better players within your geographical area made VT strong, and many colleges follow that route, but we can't sell out for just one area. I do wish we would sign more Virginia guys, but we live in a more exposed world now. Many of the hidden gems that VT did get years ago, we might not get today.

North Carolina is closer to the 757 than VT. Getting an alumni who played great ball in college, then the NFL, come back to his old stomping grounds has paid dividends for cheater U. VT, on the other hand, is concentrating more on the 757, but also has a number of NC guys on their roster. Getting the better players within your geographical area made VT strong, and many colleges follow that route, but we can't sell out for just one area. I do wish we would sign more Virginia guys, but we live in a more exposed world now. Many of the hidden gems that VT did get years ago, we might not get today.
You must not forget, UNC is a world-class university with one of the best sports programs in all of college sports. It’s an easy place to recruit to, it checks all the boxes.

You must not forget, UNC is a world-class university with one of the best sports programs in all of college sports. It’s an easy place to recruit to, it checks all the boxes.
For Football? Give me a break!!!!

Up until this year, Clemson cherry picked whoever Dabo wanted in the state of NC...I think Shaw will come to regret his decision as well as Howell who is now fading FAST....

UNC is good in Olympic Sports (which the SEC does not focus on) and Men's Basketball...I get they do well in Field Hockey, Soccer....but the major sports other than Men's Basketball; Football and Baseball, leave it to the big boys of the SEC.....

UF, UGA, now Texas as well as a few others also check those same boxes.

Thank God for VT and Clemson....who else give's you a big boy atmosphere in the ACC...

I personally would love to see Tech in the SEC (along with NC State)...

College baseball is not a major sport. Football, men's basketball, and (at some schools) women's basketball are the only profitable sports. Maybe hockey in the North.

Baseball is big (but shrinking) at the professional level and that's it.

College baseball is not a major sport. Football, men's basketball, and (at some schools) women's basketball are the only profitable sports. Maybe hockey in the North.

Baseball is big (but shrinking) at the professional level and that's it.
It definitely depends on region, but I would not classify baseball as a "major sport" in college. The Women's College World Series dominates the CWS in TV ratings, and I don't see people calling softball a "major sport" in this context.

Right now my guess is VT finishes 6-6. The players give their all but they are too slow on both defense and offense to beat the good teams remaining on their schedule. No way VT goes to the SEC with OK and Texas on their way to the SEC. That train has left the station.

Last edited:
For Football? Give me a break!!!!

Up until this year, Clemson cherry picked whoever Dabo wanted in the state of NC...I think Shaw will come to regret his decision as well as Howell who is now fading FAST....

UNC is good in Olympic Sports (which the SEC does not focus on) and Men's Basketball...I get they do well in Field Hockey, Soccer....but the major sports other than Men's Basketball; Football and Baseball, leave it to the big boys of the SEC.....

UF, UGA, now Texas as well as a few others also check those same boxes.

Thank God for VT and Clemson....who else give's you a big boy atmosphere in the ACC...

I personally would love to see Tech in the SEC (along with NC State)...
UNC football is on the rise under Mack. They have signed 2 5* from the 2022 class. They have 2 top-ten recruits. In average star power, they have the no. 3 class at present. They haven’t played up to their preseason hype, but next year should find them having their best team under Mack.

• Haha
Reactions: brewbuzzn
Right now my guess is VT finishes 6-6. The players give their all but they are too slow on both defense and offense to beat the good teams remaining on their schedule. No way VT goes to the SEC with OK and Texas on their way to the SEC. That train has left the station.
Ok. maybe not 6-6 after losing to Syracuse. Time for a change and it starts at the top.

Last edited:
Reactions: brewbuzzn
UNC football is on the rise under Mack. They have signed 2 5* from the 2022 class. They have 2 top-ten recruits. In average star power, they have the no. 3 class at present. They haven’t played up to their preseason hype, but next year should find them having their best team under Mack.
How many years have we heard Tarheels say they next year is the year...Clemson will be the odds on favorite to win the ACC next year...UNC is only going bowling because you scheduled Wofford...have fun at 6-6 at the Tinkerbell Bowl...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT