ADVERTISEMENT

If you have good RB's and a half decent O-line and WR's--

leeanderthal

Hokie Hall of Fame
Jul 27, 2006
Does it matter if the OC routinely runs into the middle of the line on 1'st and 2'nd down and then passes on the third ?

Last edited:
JMU, Wake Forest and nameless others have given us fits in countless games. It used to be we had Ryan Williams, Darren Evans or David Wilson to make the difference in the 2nd half.

As I have said before, the only games I can remember that we were predictable, (run on 1st and 2nd, throw on 3rd and get first downs) was the Ohio State game last year. That may be considered a miracle by the Pope after a few decades have passed.

Just be slightly unpredictable, and have great special team play, like in the bowl game last year, and we have a chance.

JMU, Wake Forest and nameless others have given us fits in countless games. It used to be we had Ryan Williams, Darren Evans or David Wilson to make the difference in the 2nd half.

As I have said before, the only games I can remember that we were predictable, (run on 1st and 2nd, throw on 3rd and get first downs) was the Ohio State game last year. That may be considered a miracle by the Pope after a few decades have passed.

Just be slightly unpredictable, and have great special team play, like in the bowl game last year, and we have a chance.

My favorite predictable play is the one after a 30 or 40 yard play to the red zone, and we throw a screen to the WR and lose 3 yards.

My favorite predictable play is the one after a 30 or 40 yard play to the red zone, and we throw a screen to the WR and lose 3 yards.
My favorite predictable play is when I look over and tell my brother they're bringing the house and I predict we don't dump to a screen but get sacked for 10 yds. I'd say that one is about 97% throughout the Stiney reign.

Reactions: VTSmitty
My favorite predictable play is when I look over and tell my brother they're bringing the house and I predict we don't dump to a screen but get sacked for 10 yds. I'd say that one is about 97% throughout the Stiney reign.
My wife will be screening at the tv "Quit throwing the ball sideways." Lol.

Reactions: SunnyBeachWave
You need coaching at this level

Talent isn't enough, look at Miami

They had a first rounder at LT and WR, all ACC RB, QB, 5 star WR to go with the 1st round kid and TE and still had a losing record thanks to shit coaching on offense

VT will still be horrible on offense this year.

Most fans that aren't VT fans tried to tell you guys

He was fired from Auburn for good reason and the very next year they go unbeaten and almost win a national title without him

More football games have been lost running ball on first/second down than any other reason. This not only includes VT, but numerous other schools.
Throw the ball, open up defense, then you can run it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT