ADVERTISEMENT

***INsider: Tyrone Hopper Update***

jason stamm

Hokie Hall of Fame
Staff
Aug 11, 2008
Guys, I just spoke a few minutes ago with Roswell (Ga.) three-star linebacker Tyrone Hopper, who's been one of the top defensive targets for VT.

Since I saw him last month in Charlotte at the Rivals Camp, Hopper said he's gotten new offers from Mississippi State, Appalachian State and Georgia Southern. The Bulldogs have jumped out a little bit and he's visiting there June 3.

But I should also mention that most notably, Hopper said he literally just got off the phone with defensive coordinator Bud Foster when he called me. Hopper said Foster told him he's still one of the Hokies' top guys on the board and they want him to visit again. And he is, on June 20. That's a very strong sign and going into that visit, Hopper said he likes the program and how long the staff has been together.

Those are the only two visits planned so far. But he just visited Tennessee last month for the Volunteers' spring game. He likes the Vols a lot, too, but the others to really watch here are North Carolina and Kentucky. He's seen both of them and wants to visit them again this summer.

Right now, Hopper said he's planning on making an official cut down to his list in late June or early July. He said he could have a decision as soon as the end of the summer, but said he could also decide later in the season, so that's a little more up in the air. We'll wait to see how his next VT visit goes, but right now, the Hokies are in great shape.

Full story coming but as always, what's posted here, STAYS HERE. Don't de-value your own subscription by giving away information to others who don't pay like you do. It's also a violation of our terms of service and will result in the termination of your subscription.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News