ADVERTISEMENT

Let me tell you what a wonderful guy Luther Maddy is

VTSmitty

Hokie Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2005
My mom turned 91 on Thursday, and been through an incredibly tough last 2 weeks that included a broken shoulder, broken ribs, afib, loss of vision, and a stroke. She had to move from her assisted living place in Blacksburg to the nursing home facility for rehab.

3 years ago she met Luther Maddy. He became her favorite Hokie. I reached out this morning to VT to see if maybe Luther could go visit her. 3 hours later Luther Maddy walked into mom's room carrying a nice arrangement of flowers for her. They had what she said was the most wonderful visit ever, and he plans to go see her again next weekend. She was walking on air after that visit, and gained immediate rock star status at the nursing home. You can't put a price on that. What a hell of a guy Luther Maddy is.

Nice to hear good things about these young men. More importantly, I hope your Mom recovers and is better than ever!!!

Reactions: VTSmitty
My mom turned 91 on Thursday, and been through an incredibly tough last 2 weeks that included a broken shoulder, broken ribs, afib, loss of vision, and a stroke. She had to move from her assisted living place in Blacksburg to the nursing home facility for rehab.

3 years ago she met Luther Maddy. He became her favorite Hokie. I reached out this morning to VT to see if maybe Luther could go visit her. 3 hours later Luther Maddy walked into mom's room carrying a nice arrangement of flowers for her. They had what she said was the most wonderful visit ever, and he plans to go see her again next weekend. She was walking on air after that visit, and gained immediate rock star status at the nursing home. You can't put a price on that. What a hell of a guy Luther Maddy is.

Great kid....Not surprised at all to hear this about Maddy. So sorry to hear about your mom's health issues and hope she has a speedy recovery my friend.

Great kid....Not surprised at all to hear this about Maddy. So sorry to hear about your mom's health issues and hope she has a speedy recovery my friend.
I emailed Luther and thanked him. He replied and said the visit probably meant more to him than to her, and he would return. What a special guy.

Reactions: SunnyBeachWave
Get well wishes for MommaSmitty. News like this is what should be printed or televised. Thx for sharing Smitty.

Super cool thing from a superb young man, not just a football player!!! Praying for a speedy recovery for your mother, VTSmitty!

Reactions: VTSmitty
Super cool thing from a superb young man, not just a football player!!! Praying for a speedy recovery for your mother, VTSmitty!
Appreciate that. Still blows me away he dropped everything he was doing and headed straight over there. Luther tweeted out some wonderful things about mom and the visit.

18845689938_f518ef03a4_z.jpg

Reactions: VTHokie1001K
Appreciate that. Still blows me away he dropped everything he was doing and headed straight over there. Luther tweeted out some wonderful things about mom and the visit.

18845689938_f518ef03a4_z.jpg
How's Mama doing Smitty? Good I hope.....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT