ADVERTISEMENT

Our Bluefield is better..

Bowen field is in WV
Actually, it's not. You can drive through WV to get there, but the stadium is fully on the Virginia side of the border. Perhaps more importantly, when you're standing at the plate looking at the trees behind center field, you're looking at VA trees.

Actually, it's not. You can drive through WV to get there, but the stadium is fully on the Virginia side of the border. Perhaps more importantly, when you're standing at the plate looking at the trees behind center field, you're looking at VA trees.
Hell, I googled it and find as many Virginia addresses for it as WV addresses. I pulled directions to it, and it gives the address as Bluefield WV, but on the actual map says Bluefield Va.

http://www.milb.com/content/page.jsp?ymd=20130606&content_id=49816276&fext=.jsp&sid=t517&vkey=

If memory serves, you used to have to drive through the park to get there from the WV side and there was a WV address for the park that a lot of people use as the stadium's address. However, the stadium itself is on the VA side. I have no idea what the mailing address is, but I'm pretty sure they collect VA sales taxes.

If memory serves, you used to have to drive through the park to get there from the WV side and there was a WV address for the park that a lot of people use as the stadium's address. However, the stadium itself is on the VA side. I have no idea what the mailing address is, but I'm pretty sure they collect VA sales taxes.
Your right, but the W Va parks and rec does the upkeep.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT