ADVERTISEMENT

VT vs UVA

HokieNation

Starter
Jun 19, 2003
Looking forward to being at the game and hoping VT doesn't start slowly like the last two games.

If we take care of the ball and utilize a short passing game, I think we can possess the ball more than the other team and make them gamble. When they do, I think some long plays will be available, both running and passing.

On the defensive side, as long as we don't give up too many big plays, I don't see UVA driving the field multiple times against us. Bend don't break should be the motto in practice. If UVA scores 4 FGs, we win the game going away.

I am still pissed at last years home game on senior night. We need to show up and send the seniors out right. Hope we pack the house and the crowed is loud.

I was joking. I wouldn't be caught in same stadium as Hoos. Now if VT has a huge lead at halftime, I might go watch 2nd half.

I recall some Hoo fan coming on here about 10 or 12 years ago and saying the 2 schools are equal in football. Needless to say he hasn't posted on here in several years.

I recall some Hoo fan coming on here about 10 or 12 years ago and saying the 2 schools are equal in football. Needless to say he hasn't posted on here in several years.
This streak is gonna end someday, could be next Sat, or a year from now, or maybe not for a couple a years. UVa is too good a school to not attract good talent. Now that they have some capable coaches, it is only a matter of time before this streak ends.

Last edited:
We can expect da French to be very motivated, just like Syracuse. If we don't play well we could loose.

Hoos - with the exception of a couple people here whom we won't name it looks like the consensus is that VT will have to bring it's "A" game or UVA could play the spoiler. Between me and you this game doesn't mean so much to you so please lose so VT can go to ACC Championship. Do it for Virginia. LMAO

Reactions: Hoos19NC
On paper we have a 8-3 team playing a 2-9 team, in reality this game should not be close. But then again the Syracuse/GT games should not have been close. If we come to play, and with Lane Stadium rocking, I would like to see this game decided by halftime.

This game will be UVa's bowl game. The lowly hoo's have shown flashes this year of being a good team like the way they played Louisville but have usually found a way to lose in the second half. Bronco and his offensive coordinator Anae have brought sort of a wild west culture to C Ville but London's kids haven't bought into it. If Tech gets off to a big lead, they'll fold by the half.

Reactions: Hampton Roads 6
This game will be UVa's bowl game. The lowly hoo's have shown flashes this year of being a good team like the way they played Louisville but have usually found a way to lose in the second half. Bronco and his offensive coordinator Anae have brought sort of a wild west culture to C Ville but London's kids haven't bought into it. If Tech gets off to a big lead, they'll fold by the half.
The big issue for the Hoos has been finishing games. If it's close going into 4th qtr VT wins.....Hoos would have to be up big at the start of 4th to win. I still believe Bronco will bring success to UVA but he has to get his kids in place that believe in his style. I'm glad it's basketball season, even though we lost one of our best players.

A few Hoo fans around town start talking basketball every time I see them. I have to remind them that football season ain't over.

A few Hoo fans around town start talking basketball every time I see them. I have to remind them that football season ain't over.
It is for UVA.....We have moved on to the ACC's number one sport. Don't forget we are a basketball conference.

It is for UVA.....We have moved on to the ACC's number one sport. Don't forget we are a basketball conference.
Tell it to Clemson, FSU, and VT fans.
The big issue for the Hoos has been finishing games. If it's close going into 4th qtr VT wins.....Hoos would have to be up big at the start of 4th to win. I still believe Bronco will bring success to UVA but he has to get his kids in place that believe in his style. I'm glad it's basketball season, even though we lost one of our best players.
Funny, that is basically how the ND poster described his team last Sat. Regardless, that stuff goes out the window when it comes to a rivalry game. I assure you that if the UVa players have a pulse, they will come ready to fight no matter how over-matched they might be talent-wise.

Tell it to Clemson, FSU, and VT fans.

Funny, that is basically how the ND poster described his team last Sat. Regardless, that stuff goes out the window when it comes to a rivalry game. I assure you that if the UVa players have a pulse, they will come ready to fight no matter how over-matched they might be talent-wise.
UNC, Duke, UVA, Syracuse, Louisville, NC St, Wake Forest and Norte Dame say Hi.......

I was with until you listed Norte Dame as a basketball school. Rudy and TD Jesus both say Hi.
Take notice that ND joined the ACC so they could play in our Basketball conference .....don't see where they jumped in to play football in the ACC. My point being even ND knows it's a basketball conference.

What Ever... beat their ass Saturday.. Let their new Cowboy Coach see what a Real Bronco Ride looks like. Lane Will Be Ready I assure You, biggest crowd the Girls from hooville have seen this Year ! Loud & Proud and Wuppin In the Air.. Go Hokies... No Mercy !!

Bringing ND into ACC was dumb. The ACC should have been aware of how the golden dommers get special treatment. NCAA should have forced them into big ten years ago.
I was at ACC baseball tournament a couple years ago in Durham. It was sickening just seeing ND walk into stadium. A school from Indiana playing in ACC tournament makes no sense.

Reactions: Jackcrow
Take notice that ND joined the ACC so they could play in our Basketball conference .....don't see where they jumped in to play football in the ACC. My point being even ND knows it's a basketball conference.
That's not accurate at all. ND joined the ACC because we were the only major conference that was dumb enough to accept them minus football. Everything about ND being in the ACC as opposed to them being in any other conference is 100% football driven.

And don't forget, at the time they joined the ACC, they were already in a much better basketball league. Things have changed since then, but at that time, their league was king of the hill by a mile.

The only big conferences with any sense are the SEC and PAC 12, even though I do not like PAC 12. The Big 12, Big 10 and ACC all have their problems.. hate to say it , but ACC may be worst of all conferences, when it comes to common sense.

Notre Dame is a scumbag school in every sport in my opinion. Sure they have a tradition, but it was many years ago when they won one for the Gipper. They are still living off it today.

The only big conferences with any sense are the SEC and PAC 12, even though I do not like PAC 12. The Big 12, Big 10 and ACC all have their problems.. hate to say it , but ACC may be worst of all conferences, when it comes to common sense.

Notre Dame is a scumbag school in every sport in my opinion. Sure they have a tradition, but it was many years ago when they won one for the Gipper. They are still living off it today.

Dear Bud,
Nice 2nd half last week. This week you'll have to dial up the pressure on their Q'back with the happy feet, stop their running back "Smoke" who is going for some sort of record, and shut down their one receiver,Dowling, who can actually catch the ball. Shouldn't be a problem if your boys show up in the first half.
Give my best to your family this Thanksgiving.
Best Regards,
Frank

Cover smoke out of back field and that one receiver, and Hoos should not cross mid field..Put so much pressure on Johns that he wishes he was back on the bench. Hit him on every play.

Cover smoke out of back field and that one receiver, and Hoos should not cross mid field..Put so much pressure on Johns that he wishes he was back on the bench. Hit him on every play.
I'm amazed so many of you are a little worried......this should be your easiest game in the ACC. Stop your worrying.

They have more than tradition....they are an elite school and rated among the best when it comes to academics. Schools in conference don't just play sports, they cooperate extensively in academics. When I was working on my PhD at VT, I worked closely with folks at GT and NC State. I know you don't know anything about academics but that is why they are in ACC. Look at the collected ratings of the ACC schools. They are the best academic conference after the Ivy League, which means that they get consideration for grants and funding for high profile research work because they partner with the best institutions. To school presidents, that means something.

Reactions: Hoos19NC
They have more than tradition....they are an elite school and rated among the best when it comes to academics. Schools in conference don't just play sports, they cooperate extensively in academics. When I was working on my PhD at VT, I worked closely with folks at GT and NC State. I know you don't know anything about academics but that is why they are in ACC. Look at the collected ratings of the ACC schools. They are the best academic conference after the Ivy League, which means that they get consideration for grants and funding for high profile research work because they partner with the best institutions. To school presidents, that means something.
Well said....

I'm amazed so many of you are a little worried......this should be your easiest game in the ACC. Stop your worrying.
This is a winnable game for UVa, and we're pretty sure Bronco will make the sure the players know it.

This VT team is pretty good when the coaching stars align and it's firing on all cylinders...but that doesn't seem to be happening very often these days.

Looking forward to being at the game and hoping VT doesn't start slowly like the last two games.

If we take care of the ball and utilize a short passing game, I think we can possess the ball more than the other team and make them gamble. When they do, I think some long plays will be available, both running and passing.

On the defensive side, as long as we don't give up too many big plays, I don't see UVA driving the field multiple times against us. Bend don't break should be the motto in practice. If UVA scores 4 FGs, we win the game going away.
Walk-on kicker hasn't made 4 all year...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT