ADVERTISEMENT

Uh oh for Fuller

Hey guys! I was at post-practice interviews today and I wanted to give you guys some tidbits before my story:

-- It seems as if Torrian Gray let it slip that Kendall Fuller had a procedure done to his knee, but wouldn't say exactly what it was.
-- Terrell Edmunds will be starting at cornerback against Pitt on Saturday.
-- Andrew Motuapuaka is back, but it is still up in the air as to if he will start on Saturday.
-- Greg Stroman will return to nickel against Pitt. Bud Foster admitted that he probably should have went with Edmunds since he was practicing at corner the week before.

There will be more to come from this week's post-practice interviews in my story out tomorrow!

***INsider: Devon Hunter Update***

Full story coming, but as always, what's posted here, STAYS HERE. Don't de-value your own subscription by giving away information to others who don't pay like you do. It's also a violation of our terms of service and will result in the termination of your subscription.

Guys, I talked just a little while ago with Indian River (Va.) 2017 five-star safety Devon Hunter, who I also watched in person as he and the Braves defeated Grassfield (Va.) 34-3.

Hunter did inform me that he has a new offer, from South Carolina, where he visited over the weekend. That was his first visit there and he thought the atmosphere was "rowdy" and also talked to a lot of the coaches and players. For Hunter, it was also significant because it was the first college game he'd been to where the home team won. Hunter has also been to games at VT, NC State, Virginia and Maryland.

The visit to see the Hokies came on Sept. 7 for the Ohio State game, with his teammates, Jaquan Yulee and Tavante Beckett. They also visited for the July 26 camp and barbecue the day before, where Beckett committed. This was the first VT game Hunter had seen at Lane Stadium. "People already know how I feel about Virginia Tech," Hunter said. "They've been in my corner since I was young." Hunter said he loved the atmosphere and the experience overall.

It sounds like Hunter also has a great relationship with assistant coach Bryan Stinespring, who was also at the game on Friday. Hunter said they talk at least once a week and how Stinespring has been there for Hunter and his family.

This weekend, Hunter is going to Clemson with his mother, who apparently is a Clemson fan. He told me he's been looking forward to going for a long time. The only other visit Hunter has set up right now is to North Carolina Oct. 10. He also wants to visit Florida State and Alabama later this fall.

Early here still, but VT is in great position. It seemed to mean a lot to Hunter and his mom that Stinespring was at the game on Friday. But Clemson looks to be the biggest competitor right now, so we'll see how this weekend goes for him.

Visits on deck for 2017 R250 LB Fogg

I went to see 2017 Rivals250 LB Tyshon Fogg yesterday and got the latest on his recruitment. We talked about his interest in Maryland, Rutgers, Michigan State, Virginia Tech, Stanford and Clemson. Fogg is hoping for offers from Florida State, Florida and Notre Dame. He will be at the Maryland game this weekend but is also going to visit North Carolina for the Miami game and Rutgers for the Maryland game.

Video: Visits on deck for 2017 R250 LB Fogg

This circus continues yet another year.

Doesn't everyone get tired of the same old shit every year with this football program. Everyone knows what the problem is and until "he" is gone, it will NEVER change. I have not been a Beamer fan for some time and was always supporting Foster but it looks like the Beamer circus has taken over the defense as well. WTF is the problem with recruiting linebackers and depth. This small quick defense is obviously not working. We have defensive ends that should be playing LB and LB's that cant even see over the damn line. I would like to call out anyone who thinks Shane Beamer should be HC....hell, he cant even coach the running backs with his bs rotating system he has. Bottom line is the whole team on both sides of the ball now is being coached less than half ass.

ECU Game

I just finished viewing the game video. When the game was over yesterday I was very depressed and really mad. I was mad at the way we played and mad at the coaching staff for what I deemed as personnel errors. I was mad at the officials for what I felt was calling a very poor game.
Today I have come to the realization that I am wrong. The officials although wanting absolutely did not cause us to lose that game. I never said they did but I did feel they had much more of an impact than they did. I was wrong. I also felt the team did not play well at all. Well there were some people in positions that they were not ready for but they did their best. Let's face it, we have some very serious problems with Brewer,Andy,and Fuller out. Corey with ankle problems etc., etc.
I give the ECU all the credit along with their coaches. Their plan worked and their personnel had bought into it.
This is a really tough time for us Hokies. Our head coach is nearing the end of his career. It is a career that he has dedicated his life to . I am hopeful more than anything that coach Beamer and Whit have a plan that enables our coach to end his career with honor and dignity.

Jaquan Yulee Update

Guys, I spoke with Indian River (Va.) four-star LB Jaquan Yulee Friday after his game against Grassfield (Va.). Basically, he's still committed to Alabama, but look for him to take an official visit to VT likely before the end of the season. He just hasn't set dates yet. Yulee wants to visit others, too, but he's already been to Blacksburg twice since he committed to Bama, for the July 26 camp and the season-opener against Ohio State.

Honestly, this one is feeling more and more like a flip. Either way, though, he might have to prep a semester, but VT would be much more willing to wait on him: http://rvls.co/1Fx7geV

Some updates!

Hey guys! This afternoon there were interviews with some of the coaches and players and wanted to give you guys a few updates:

-- Head coach Frank Beamer made it clear that cornerback Kendall Fuller was "very doubtful" for Saturday's game against Pittsburgh.
-- Running back Shai McKenzie will seek a medical redshirt
-- Marshawn Williams is still not 100% ready to go, but he has made a lot of progress.
-- Linebacker Deon Clarke said that bad tackling was the end result of the poor performance on the defense.
-- The main focus, for coaches and players alike, seems to be the upcoming ACC play. Beamer mentioned before how non-conference games were like "exhibition games."

Look for more on today's interviews/storylines in my story that will be up tonight.

Thoughts

My Thoughts

1) if the stars align we have a chance to play three ranked teams in a row. NC State, Miami (if they get through FSU), and Duke should all be undefeated....so the opportunity is there for some big wins.

2) do I think we win all those? Absolutely not but one can dream.

3) What in the hell is wrong with our defensive line? No pressure all season. Maybe it's time to burn the shirt on Settle. We have NO size.

4) the talent on this team in this conference is there to win 10 games. If that does not happen it is Frank's time to go

5) Shane Beamer for the love of God pick ONE running back. All we have heard is how "we are figuring it out and won't use multiple backs". I count five getting significant reps so far this year.

Too many things I could go on. If we don't beat Putt by 40 I am burning my season tickets.
Reactions: Travishicks225

Oregon getting blown out at home...

...by Utah, after Utah beat Michigan in its opener. I guess it's time to say that Utah is for real. It's 41-13...very early in the 3rd qtr. Ivan Maisel just tweeted that the last time Oregon lost by more than one score at home was in 2006.

Ole Miss squeaks by Vandy, LOL. Another highly overrated SEC Top 5 team that won't be there for very long. And no, it's not because Vandy is some kind of SEC juggernaut taking its turn to knock each other off.

Another overrated, ranked SEC team, Mizzou, going down in flames as we speak.

Georgia Tech...WTF? What happened to the alleged playoff contender? The entire ACC has been suck in a basket so far this season. Every team I've seen so far stinks.

'Cuse hung tough with LSU the entire way? Hmmmm....OK, maybe not every ACC team.

The last two drives in the TCU/Texas Tech game were as good as college football gets. Unreal.

No QB

When you take a cold hard look at it we beat a FCS team and the worst team in the Big 10. I admit I was feeling optimistic after the Purdue win, but I was wrong. We don't have a winning level QB. As someone else commented, Motley is a RB that can throw a little and Lawson just doesn't look ready yet. Lawson is going to be very good but not this year. Good teams have two ready QB's and great teams have three.

What worries me is that CFB seems resigned to losing. The reaction after the Wake Forest debacle last year and now the exhibition comment. Its is sad to see him go out this way, but things have passed him by. Whit needs to start looking now.
Reactions: DEXTERITY

Starting Mike?

Any chance that we see Lydon as our staring mike this week? Or will we move chuck clark there? Seems to be the trend. On a more serious note, they are going to run their big 230lb freshman running back straight at us. I would really enjoy it if our 230 lb freshman linebacker was in at Mike. If we come out in the bear 0 look with one linebacker behind the line of scrimmage, I will not watch another game this year.
ADVERTISEMENT

Filter

ADVERTISEMENT