ADVERTISEMENT

A huge moment right now for VT. UT is the perfect opportunity for new blood

lucustookis

All-American
Jul 7, 2007
First, let the great lucus forewarn you about Coach Beamer (who I do love). Frank Beamer, in my opinion only.....has early onset dementia or early Alzheimer's. This is one of those famous lucus posts where I make the statement, and many respond and blast me and say, "you are nuts" or "out there" or get mad and attack and say it's ridiculous. Then of course.......about 3 years later, I follow up after I am proven correct with a "told ya so post." Folks, I am in the field of neuroscience. Am I giving a diagnosis? No I am not. I am giving my opinion of what I see and hear from Beamer on TV, Radio, Interviews, gestures, speech, body language, and responses. I am telling you now, he is not well. I think it is obvious that this year or next year is his last season as the VT Head Coach. You wlll find out after he is gone (give it about 2 years after he is retired) that he has either early onset dementia or early onset Alzheimer's. Strictly my opinion here and I am not a psychiatrist or psychologist and have not performed a physical evaluation, so I am certainly not "diagnosing" the man. I am simply giving one guy's opinion of what I see. And.....what I see is......he is not well. We have a man right now...right now the Head Coach of VT who I feel, has memory loss, periods of disorientation, and has either some form of dementia or Alzheimer's.

Perhaps this post is not one of those far out posts and many may feel the same way I do? I don't know? What I do know is this.....I have lived long enough not to be gullible and to understand that much is possible. Meaning.........some may feel there is no way that a man with dementia or Alzheimer's is coaching VT and the powers that be certainly would not allow that. Folks....it's 2015. Do not be naive. When you get enough power like Frank Beamer has at VT, or like JoePa had at Penn State, people are often scared to even bring the conversation up, much less to approach him personally about it. Now, do I think the man has advanced stages of some form of dementia? No, of course not, but.......do I think he has early stages or early signs? Absolutely, Yes I do, and I also think some qualified professional will render a diagnosis in the next 3 years? Wait and see.

With the above written. A perfect opportunity is for Whit to bring in the new coach for the UT game. A win is monumental and gives the new coach huge momentum and recruiting gains on a national stage. A loss is only chalked up to a new system and not a huge hit. With Coach Beamer, a loss further destroys the program on the national stage and if he were to somehow win, it still does not turn the program around. We still get our at least 4 losses next season with him as HC even if we did beat Tennessee. A great opportunity is in place for Whit and VT to bring in the New Head Coach for the UT Game. The UT game and Bristol is a reason not to allow Beamer to stay one more year, but actually an opportunity and reason for VT to hire a new Head Coach to lead the program on the field in a new era for the Battle in Bristol.

Last edited:
First, let the great lucus forewarn you about Coach Beamer (who I do love). Frank Beamer, in my opinion only.....has early onset dementia or early Alzheimer's. This is one of those famous lucus posts where I make the statement, and many respond and blast me and say, "you are nuts" or "out there" or get mad and attack and say it's ridiculous. Then of course.......about 3 years later, I follow up after I am proven correct with a "told ya so post." Folks, I am in the field of neuroscience. Am I giving a diagnosis? No I am not. I am giving my opinion of what I see and hear from Beamer on TV, Radio, Interviews, gestures, speech, body language, and responses. I am telling you now, he is not well. I think it is obvious that this year or next year is his last season as the VT Head Coach. You wlll find out after he is gone (give it about 2 years after he is retired) that he has either early onset dementia or early onset Alzheimer's. Strictly my opinion here and I am not a psychiatrist or psychologist and have not performed a physical evaluation, so I am certainly not "diagnosing" the man. I am simply giving one guy's opinion of what I see. And.....what I see is......he is not well. We have a man right now...right now the Head Coach of VT who I feel, has memory loss, periods of disorientation, and has either some form of dementia or Alzheimer's.

Perhaps this post is not one of those far out posts and many may feel the same way I do? I don't know? What I do know is this.....I have lived long enough not to be gullible and to understand that much is possible. Meaning.........some may feel there is no way that a man with dementia or Alzheimer's is coaching VT and the powers that be certainly would not allow that. Folks....it's 2015. Do not be naive. When you get enough power like Frank Beamer has at VT, or like JoePa had at Penn State, people are often scared to even bring the conversation up, much less to approach him personally about it. Now, do I think the man has advanced stages of some form of dementia? No, of course not, but.......do I think he has early stages or early signs? Absolutely, Yes I do, and I also think some qualified professional will render a diagnosis in the next 3 years? Wait and see.

With the above written. A perfect opportunity is for Whit to bring in the new coach for the UT game. A win is monumental and gives the new coach huge momentum and recruiting gains on a national stage. A loss is only chalked up to a new system and not a huge hit. With Coach Beamer, a loss further destroys the program on the national stage and if he were to somehow win, it still does not turn the program around. We still get our at least 4 losses next season with him as HC even if we did beat Tennessee. A great opportunity is in place for Whit and VT to bring in the New Head Coach for the UT Game. The UT game and Bristol is a reason not to allow Beamer to stay one more year, but actually an opportunity and reason for VT to hire a new Head Coach to lead the program on the field in a new era for the Battle in Bristol.
Beamer will be the coach for the Battle in Bristol and the entire 2016 season...

Beamer will be the coach for the Battle in Bristol and the entire 2016 season...

In Your Opinion.......Beamer will be the coach for the Bristol game and the entire 2016 season.

Nothing is set in stone For example, I recall several posts in the years past with the following themes, "Greenberg has at least 2 years to turn things around before things are fixed." Or....."as long as Frank Beamer is the HC at Virginia Tech, Stinespring will remain the OC for as long as he wants."

I am going to make a prediction. If Virginia Tech goes 5 and 7 this year and does not make a bowl, or even if we go 6 and 6 or 7 and 5 and do not win the Coastal, Frank Beamer will be forced to do one of two things. Again, only my opinion here and that opinion is....

1. Whit will require him to announce his retirement require for the end of the 2016 season, BUT....he will have to make the statement at the end of this season...meaning.....at the end of this season in 2015, Frank Beamer will have to announce that next year is his last year. This way, there will be no uncertainty to as to when CFB retires.

2. If we go 5 and 7, Whit may make the decision for him as the year being his last and no 2016 regardless of what CFB wants.

Strictly my opinions only here.

Last edited:
In Your Opinion.......Beamer will be the coach for the Bristol game and the entire 2016 season.

Nothing is set in stone For example, I recall several posts in the years past with the following themes, "Greenberg has at least 2 years to turn things around before things are fixed." Or....."as long as Frank Beamer is the HC at Virginia Tech, Stinespring will remain the OC for as long as he wants."

I am going to make a prediction. If Virginia Tech goes 5 and 7 this year and does not make a bowl, or even if we go 6 and 6 or 7 and 5 and do not win the Coastal, Frank Beamer will be forced to do one of two things. Again, only my opinion here and that opinion is....

1. Whit will require him to announce his retirement require for the end of the 2016 season, BUT....he will have to make the statement at the end of this season...meaning.....at the end of this season in 2015, Frank Beamer will have to announce that next year is his last year. This way, there will be no uncertainty to as to when CFB retires.

2. If we go 5 and 7, Whit may make the decision for him as the year being his last and no 2016 regardless of what CFB wants.

Strictly my opinions only here.
If we go 6-6 and win a bowl game to end 7-6, Beamer coaches the entire 2016 season and retires. If we go 6-6 and lose the bowl game Beamer coaches the entire 2016 season and retires. If we have a losing regular season and end our streaks (winning seasons & bowl appearances) there will be an announcement at the end of 2015 that Beamer will retire after the 2016 season. The only way (in my humble opinion) Beamer is not allowed to coach in 2016 is if we don't recover from this disastrous start and end up winning 5 or less games. Pitt, BC, UNC, and GT could get us to 6 wins. We will likely lose one of those so it will come down to beating UVA again. I don' see us beating NC State or Miami. I agree though, nothing is set in stone.

If we go 6-6 and win a bowl game to end 7-6, Beamer coaches the entire 2016 season and retires. If we go 6-6 and lose the bowl game Beamer coaches the entire 2016 season and retires. If we have a losing regular season and end our streaks (winning seasons & bowl appearances) there will be an announcement at the end of 2015 that Beamer will retire after the 2016 season. The only way (in my humble opinion) Beamer is not allowed to coach in 2016 is if we don't recover from this disastrous start and end up winning 5 or less games. Pitt, BC, UNC, and GT could get us to 6 wins. We will likely lose one of those so it will come down to beating UVA again. I don' see us beating NC State or Miami. I agree though, nothing is set in stone.

I agree with every bit of your post.

I think any way it goes, something is going to happen. To many alumni and donors (big money donors) are fed up. Virginia Tech is on the map and our name is still considered one of the top programs in the country. They want it to stay that way (and so do I). I live in Bristol Virginia and I can tell you, Battle at Bristol is a huge deal for both schools. The VT supporters in this area are coal mining money and they want to be on the winning side of this game when its over. VT better do something before its to late. Or they could be facing some serious losses financially.

Beamer will be here for the 2016 season and right on cue we will be "lamb to slaughter" in the season opener in which we make somebody else look like a contender. Brace yourself, when the breakup comes, it will likely not be pretty!

Well this is really sad. Beamer's ego is way ahead of his abilities at this point. I would not be surprised in the end analysis to be where we were before he took over. Only difference is we are in the ACC now. Too bad. This goes ugly and it will take ten years to recover. I guess I will never see us get truly relevant again. I would have liked to see us win the championship before I die. Just don't see that happening. I only have about 30 years at best left.

I think Frank Beamer will retire at the end on next season. I do not see VT making a bowl game this year (maybe not next year). Frank will leave the program with a losing season over the last two years. Kind of sad it has come to this. He and Michael Vick did a lot for the football program, but we now need someone else to continue their success (before it all disappears).

Reactions: SunnyBeachWave
I think any way it goes, something is going to happen. To many alumni and donors (big money donors) are fed up. Virginia Tech is on the map and our name is still considered one of the top programs in the country. They want it to stay that way (and so do I). I live in Bristol Virginia and I can tell you, Battle at Bristol is a huge deal for both schools. The VT supporters in this area are coal mining money and they want to be on the winning side of this game when its over. VT better do something before its to late. Or they could be facing some serious losses financially.
I think its already too late to "do something" in time for the Battle of Bristol. Also, with the uproar now building from Hokie nation to replace Beamer, and with each loss that Whit remains moot, and after seeing how Whit came in and handled the James Johnson problem - my guess is that Beamer needs an immediate and dramatic turnaround starting this Friday night if he wants to coach another season. And I don't see that kind of turnaround from this team. I think we are finally headed for our first losing season since '92.

Well this is really sad. Beamer's ego is way ahead of his abilities at this point. I would not be surprised in the end analysis to be where we were before he took over. Only difference is we are in the ACC now. Too bad. This goes ugly and it will take ten years to recover. I guess I will never see us get truly relevant again. I would have liked to see us win the championship before I die. Just don't see that happening. I only have about 30 years at best left.

Nah, all is not lost my brother. I think Whit will hire someone with all the right mojo and it's not going to take 10 yrs. Hell, it could be an immediate difference because xs and os are obviously a problem, from scheme to substitutions to play calling. (the JC thing has me really befuddled). It's not likely we'll get as lucky as Michigan's turnaround this year, but with the right coach who will hire a dynamic staff, I bet there will be a huge difference within a year and we will be competing for at least the coastal within 2-3 yrs.

It is sad that Beamer has come to this, a point in time where people are angry and the appreciation for the past is dwindling because of stubborn leadership. But we should be pretty excited just because of Whit's propensity to knock it out of the park every time he steps up to the plate. The end is near. I'm kind of having that sickening thought akin to the worst pro teams throwing games at the end of a season to get the #1 draft pick. It's disgraceful to think that way but if we were somehow to make a bowl game, there won't be a change this year. If we lose the rest, I feel it would be guaranteed. The problem is from a marketing standpoint, losing Beamer this year seriously dilutes the Bristol game and it's potential historical significance so they're gonna try everything to keep him here for that. And I can't see getting rid of him after the season has started so if we have even a decent year, we've got him for another year. In other words, he's got a free pass through next year that will take something really terrible to change....like losing out from here.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT