ADVERTISEMENT

Time to Move On......

Hokiepoke

All-Conference
Jan 9, 2003
Greenville, SC
As much as I like Mike Young, I think it is time for us to move on. He has not been able to maintain where the program was under the last coach much less take it forward. His offense is 'pass pass pass on the perimeter, then attempt a 3'. On the night the 3's are falling, we win the game. On the night they are not, we get blown out of the arena. I think we need to find a coach who has the offense to play pick and roll, and inside-outside game. That does not appear to be Mike Young.

Last edited:
Move on from CMY? No. It would take a couple more years of sub .500 play in the ACC before we entertain that discussion. Which schools fire a coach two years after winning their first conference tournament title EVER? The ones that have unreasonable expectations or don't know what they're doing, or both. Of course, should CMY consider system changes, recruiting philosophy and/or staff shake up? Sure. That's the first step.

Move on from CMY? No. It would take a couple more years of sub .500 play in the ACC before we entertain that discussion. Which schools fire a coach two years after winning their first conference tournament title EVER? The ones that have unreasonable expectations or don't know what they're doing, or both. Of course, should CMY consider system changes, recruiting philosophy and/or staff shake up? Sure. That's the first step.
I hear what you are saying, but I have seen enough of his teams over the years to know what his style of BB is. He ran the same offense at Wofford College which I also follow as that is just down the street from where I live. Anyway, let's see if his teams can evolve into a more complete offensive unit in coming years.

VT did not have the talent level that we had in previous years. We need a true point guard and use Sean as a shooting guard. We need better big men to rebound and play defense. I agree, we lived and died from the 3 point line this year. Defense was an issue too.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT