ADVERTISEMENT

ACC moving football and baseball out of NC

Hampton Roads 6

Hokie Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2003
The ACC is moving football and baseball championships out of North Carolina because the wimpy NCAA does not like NC's law requiring men to use men's room and women to use women's room.
Fans should revolt against ACC and shut the conference down. I hope ACC and NCAA gets sued for billions of $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.
Until liberals took over the country, people knew which restroom to use.

The ACC is moving football and baseball championships out of North Carolina because the wimpy NCAA does not like NC's law requiring men to use men's room and women to use women's room.
Fans should revolt against ACC and shut the conference down. I hope ACC and NCAA gets sued for billions of $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.
Which one do you use?

Yeah Hoos19NC and HR6 it's those wimpy Frenchmen in C'Ville!

You know what they say:

At UVA the women are ladies,
and so are the men.

Yeah Hoos19NC and HR6 it's those wimpy Frenchmen in C'Ville!

You know what they say:

At UVA the women are ladies,
and so are the men.
LOL.....at least we don't sleep with our sisters like VT boys. Of course teeth are optional in Bleaksburg.

LOL.....at least we don't sleep with our sisters like VT boys. Of course teeth are optional in Bleaksburg.
They aren't optional in Hooville when we have kicked them in the last 12 seasons............But you sleep with your bros in 216, Vaseline is optional

I predict ACC will move football championship game to Orlando.

Political Correctness has no place in sports.

Hampton Roads 6, HB2 allows and protects discrimination - that's why it's wrong. Saying that it's about restrooms and PC is a simplistic method of marginalizing those who take a stand against ALL discrimination. As much as I'd love to see the Hokies playing here in Charlotte this December, it is a relatively small sacrifice for me.

There is no such thing as discrimination against freaks and gays in my book. They should not have protection for their sinful lifestyle.

I am sorry that you feel that way. Most of the gay people I know would have chosen an easier path in life if they could have.

me and hr agree on something

I am sorry that you feel that way. Most of the gay people I know would have chosen an easier path in life if they could have.
Why do I have to send my daughter in to a restroom with a man with a d00k dressed like a women or with a man because he feels like a women today nuf said

Wow, it's a shame that you are both filled with such anger and hatred, and I regret that I gave you an opportunity to spew that anger and hatred on any medium associated with Virginia Tech.

I'm guessing you bigots who cheer discrimination also tout our fantastic Capitolistc society - well this is Capitolism working as its intended to do. A state makes a decision, the free market reacts. Enjoy lying in the bed you made yourself North Carolina.

And HR6...
Matthew 7:1-3King James Version (KJV)
Judge not, that ye be not judged.

For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.

And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?

Reactions: CLTHokie
I'm guessing you bigots who cheer discrimination also tout our fantastic Capitolistc society - well this is Capitolism working as its intended to do. A state makes a decision, the free market reacts. Enjoy lying in the bed you made yourself North Carolina.

Wow, that seems to be a terribly judgmental thing to say.

And HR6...
Matthew 7:1-3King James Version (KJV)
Judge not, that ye be not judged.

For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.

And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?

Oh, snap. Hey, what's that Bible verse about not throwing stones in a glass house? Oh, wait...yeah, this was it. Thanks.

Last edited:
Reactions: SunnyBeachWave
Sports and social issues have been intertwined long before any of us were born. To think that we can simply enjoy sports in some type of vacuum is a great, albeit naive, thought. However, if we can discuss our differences in a constructive manner, there is an almost certainty we can find some common ground. Unfortunately, most public forums devolve into ugly pissing contests.
What I hope we can do is set aside our differences for awhile, cut each other some slack, and together pull for the Hokies to kick some Eagles' butt this weekend.

I have a suggestion......why don't all athletes stand for the National Anthem and stop disgracing our Flag and Country. I have zero respect for any idiot that doesn't stand. I don't care what their issues are, this is the dumbest way to protest I've ever seen .....just my 2 cents. God Bless America.

Reactions: pioneerstats
To paraphrase Dave Pell, a psychopathic, orange-haired liar is threatening to drag America into the toilet and we're worried about who stands during the national anthem.
BTW, that same psychopath has been denigrating the USA for over a year now, and has cozied up to a national leader who is a sworn enemy of the US.
Hopefully you think that's "dumb" too.

what is dumb is people not standing for the national anthem because they are opressed..let's see how others would treat kaper'dick' if he where in another country.whats dumb is men using women's restrooms .it's common sense people..the will of the people no longer rules in america.lets put these issues to a vote see what America has to say..the gays and transgendered people are treated much better in this country than they would be in others .so lets be real you will never please everyone..the flag stands for freedom..hence the word stand.i for one will stand each and every damn time I hear the anthem played too many good people have lost there life for us to be free.so for the ones who refuse to stand good ridiance to your sorry asses,and find somewhere else you think is better..ahmen god bless America. .

This will be my last reply b/c you can't argue with ignorance. I did two tours in Iraq for the people of this country, not for a piece of cloth. I fought for your freedom and for the right of every American to be heard.
If our forefathers (and mothers) were like you, there would never have been a revolution - and we'd all be British citizens.
You wrap yourself in the flag and call yourself a patriot. Here's a little bit of non-political correctness for you - you use the flag to mask your racism and your fear of anyone who thinks differently than you. In other words, you are a coward.
I didn't see you in the Corp, and I sure as hell didn't see you in the desert. Please take yourself and your racist and homophobic colleagues and go pull for another team - WVU sounds like a much better fit you.

Is the rant above directed at hoo fan? I'm pretty sure he does already pull for another team?

This will be my last reply b/c you can't argue with ignorance. I did two tours in Iraq for the people of this country, not for a piece of cloth. I fought for your freedom and for the right of every American to be heard.
If our forefathers (and mothers) were like you, there would never have been a revolution - and we'd all be British citizens.
You wrap yourself in the flag and call yourself a patriot. Here's a little bit of non-political correctness for you - you use the flag to mask your racism and your fear of anyone who thinks differently than you. In other words, you are a coward.
I didn't see you in the Corp, and I sure as hell didn't see you in the desert. Please take yourself and your racist and homophobic colleagues and go pull for another team - WVU sounds like a much better fit you.
Thank you for your service GO HOKIES

i do appreciate your service to our great country.for that I salute you.im neither racist nor am I homophobic..but I do have a problem when someone infringes on my rights my wife and child should be able to go to a public bathroom and not have to worry about someone from the opposite sex entering that bathroom.and it is disrespectful too you and my father who also fought in the military.to not stand and acknowledge the national anthem..we all have our thoughts but not standing is only bringing attention to the lone person who is doing so..we are only having this conversation..because he is doing so..and more people disagree with him than approve..and its only making the situation worse..not better hell even ray lewis doesnt agree..and again I have the utmost respect for everyone who has fought and died for this country..

Glad it's your last post, now stand up for the National Anthem like the rest of the Dumbass's should do.

Wow, that seems to be a terribly judgmental thing to say.

Oh, snap. Hey, what's that Bible verse about not throwing stones in a glass house? Oh, wait...yeah, this was it. Thanks.

I appreciate your comment and your point is duly noted. Was simply trying to point out in my first post that the whole NC debacle is Capitalism working as it generally does, and the majority of people who often champion Capitalism are now protesting this result. Wasn't intending to judge, only stating an observation. And my choice of words, which led you to insinuate I was judging someone, specifically the word bigot, (intolerance toward those who hold different opinions from oneself) was used because that was the behavior board users were demonstrating. My second post was in response to a clearly ugly and judgemental attack by one of our fellow board users directed towards a whole segment of our population. Again, your point is duly noted and I should be more thoughtful when entering a discussion of this complexity.

It's all good, Smokie, I was just being a wise guy. Caught some irony in your post and thought it was funny, that was all.

There is certainly a lot of bigotry still in this country, and probably always will be. I'll never argue with anyone against that point.

I'm not a big country music fan, but Sammy Kershaw had a song back in the 90s that I always thought was good advice....let's talk about anything in this world...but politics, religion and her.

In reference to clhokie post above about spending time in the desert. I spent 20 years in Army, and part of that was spent in the desert (Saudi Arabia/Iraq) during Desert Storm. I have seen our nation slowly self destruct because of the liberal's agenda to make America a bunch of wussies. Put he homos and lesibans back in the closet.

In reference to clhokie post above about spending time in the desert. I spent 20 years in Army, and part of that was spent in the desert (Saudi Arabia/Iraq) during Desert Storm. I have seen our nation slowly self destruct because of the liberal's agenda to make America a bunch of wussies. Put he homos and lesibans back in the closet.
US Army 2nd Armored Calvary Regiment out of Nuremburg for me (1990-1992). I don't mind HB2 because I don't want to see guys going into bathrooms where my 9 year old daughter is, but I see the other side of the argument as well. I don't harbor any particular homophobia, but I don't care to hear rants in the other direction, either.

Reading the Charlotte papers this morning, it looks like there is a solid chance that HB2 will be repealed. Even if it is, I still don't want to see guys going into bathrooms where my 9 year old daughter is. People can whine about the law all they want, but right is still right.

Toujours Pret, dudes.

ahmen..my point exactly..and where do u draw the line and say who can and can't use the ladies restroom..how do we as the general public know who is and isn't transgendered..you could have some pervert following every woman or man into the bathroom just because we have giving him or her permission to do so..there has to be a better way..

I'm sick of partisan politics and don't want to get into a political/moral discussion, but I objectively view HB2 as simply a bad business decision by the NC Governor not to veto that legislation. His decision had a predictable outcome, for which he will likely pay a heavy political price in November, and I'm not sure why he didn't see that coming. Eventually I believe it will be repealed and we will see the NCAA and ACC return to North Carolina. Hopefully not too late for this coming year's championship games, although not likely in time to save the football championship game. If not, I'd prefer the game in DC rather than in Florida, which is too long of a trip for me if we are in it.

Reactions: Begbie_Nole
Normally do not weigh in on these types of discussions but there is a lot more at stake here than some realize. First is the bathroom. Now some countries have unisex bathrooms. The population there is typically more refined or behaved if you will than here. The openness allows anyone to have access to what they didn't before. I could say I feel like a woman today because I see a particularly attractive woman go into the bathroom. But what is looming is a much bigger threat in my mind . .. access to the locker rooms and showers in middle school and high school. This I am opposed to. I do not want my daughters showering with guys. . . period. They should not have to.

Now that said - - - if a guy has had the surgery and has had his male parts removed - - then OK.

I was in the desert as well. This can go on and on. I do however wonder why the NBA pulls the all-star game out of NC but still plays games in China. Is that even odd to you?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT