ADVERTISEMENT

Alexander/Gaines get probation

Glad to hear the punishment is what it is. I hope they can get past this and walk that straight and narrow path also.

One mistake by a young man shouldn't ruin his entire career/life. Every situation deserves to be evaluated on its own merits. I don't see what they seemed to have done as being a disqualifying kind of event if they pay their dues and live up to their punishment. Repeat offenders are a different story, but a second chance for a non violent offense seems fair. They will probably be better members of society in the long run if subjected to the scrutiny & structure of the football program than cut loose for one mistake.

Reactions: bschroed
backstreet,

We've been watching this one because it's Fuentes' first police blotter issue. I've been half expecting him to throw the book to send a message, but with everything here being reduced to almost nothing, then there's not really much left to throw the book at. My guess is these two will be back pronto and we'll have to wait and see what Fuentes does from a discipline standpoint until we get a blotter report with a little more beef to it.

At some point in time, he'll have a real decision to make regarding a player, and I'm curious how that will go down. In general, whenever a new coach comes to town, you don't ever want to be the first one to get in hot water for something.

I can't believe they are getting off so easy. We never did stuff like this back in my day! :D

They were suspended indefinitely until due process ran its course, per standard procedure. I don't think we've heard anything else since the rulings were passed down, which was just a couple of days ago, so I don't know.

They were suspended indefinitely until due process ran its course, per standard procedure. I don't think we've heard anything else since the rulings were passed down, which was just a couple of days ago, so I don't know.
Ok thanks, I had not heard, didn't know it hadn't been announced yet.

My guess is a 1 GS. Or he could do like his predecessor and go 1 Q or 1 H which to me is stupid.

There will never be a significant punishment for a quality player, if history is any record.
That history was Frank's history, and now he's gone.

We'll see what kind of history the new guy wants to write when the appropriate time comes.

Penalty has been imposed. Let it go at that with the understanding that a second screw up will yield stiffer consequences. For Gods sake it was a little weed. The court system said were going to give you a second chance, why should the coach go further than the courts and impose a penalty? Everybody deserves to learn their lesson. If they are really "bad apples" they will screw up again.

What was the penalty? Last I heard they were still indefeinitely suspended by the team and nothing else had been announced.

I bet he holds them out for the Liberty game, would send a message to the team. Plus it's a throw away game and you don't need them.

I remember the National Championship game with FSU, Sabastian Janikowski missed curfew and the media asked Bowden if he was going to suspend him. Bowden basically said he wasnt stupid enough to cut his nose off to spite his face, they had a Championship to win and needed the kicker for the game and besides Janakowski was Polish and Poland is on a different time than the US.

Ding Ding.....we have a winner.
DId you really just quote your own post and then pat yourself on the back for how brilliant it was?

Wow, you can award yourself another national championship for that one.

Tradition continues.....Vick Brothers.
Try again. Mike was 100% blotter free during his stay in Blacksburg. Of course, Marcus tried to take up Mike's slack, but he has his own special category with us.

Also, if you're going to register here just to insult VT players, at least attempt to be accurate and knowledgeable about what you're posting. Otherwise, you just come across as a flaming dumbass, and this board has had enough of those already over the years. They truly do not need your help, although admittedly it would appear you might have much to offer.

DId you really just quote your own post and then pat yourself on the back for how brilliant it was?

Wow, you can award yourself another national championship for that one.
It is what it is....just sayin.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT