ADVERTISEMENT

Bad News for VT football. Shai McKenzie is dumb.

Just curious...when did Virginia decide that 15 years old could still be considered a "child"? That seems odd to me, and I'm pretty sure it didn't used to be that way a couple decades ago (I think 12 was the cutoff way back when).

Originally posted by Hoos19NC:
12 or 15 does it really matter.....dude is sick and needs help.
He doesn't need help. He needs to be locked up for good. I'm saying it because I have a young daughter.

Originally posted by Windows NT:

He doesn't need help. He needs to be locked up for good. I'm saying it because I have a young daughter.
It seems to me like Shai's not the only one with a problem here. Where were the parents of the 15 year old?

If guilty as charged, both VT students should be punished appropriately.

However, just because female makes allegation does not mean that it is true (twana brawley, Ho that accused Duke lacrosse team of rape, ...) All a female has to do is make a complaint and even if charge is later proven to be a lie, male is forever harmed.

There are lots of bad folks, male and female. All that is necessary is to make allegation.

Again, if both VT students are guilty, they should be punished, but not all charges are legitimate.

Furthermore, not all domestic violence is committed by men!

Let's wait, a person is innocent until proven guilty, right?

It certainly matters. There's a huge difference between 12 and 15, physical and mental changes, maturation, and the majority of girls in the US haven't had sex at 12 but have by 15. Legally, there's even more difference. A 19 yr old having consensual sex with a 15 yr old isn't likely to get penalized severely unless there are aggravated circumstances. (and I'm not saying this case was consensual because I don't know)

Do you really believe the majority of 15 year old girls have had sex at 15?....not sure I would agree, I certainly hope this isn't true.

Do you really believe the majority of 15 year old girls have had sex at 15?....not sure I would agree, I certainly hope this isn't true.
15 is a sophomore or a freshmen in HS, you're kidding yourself if don't think boys and girls are having sex that early these days sometimes earlier. I'm not condoning what Shai did, if he knew how old she was then he should be booted, but from personal experience(I knew a lady who's daughter was 15 herself, but easily could pass for an 18 year old both physically and mentally) it is not uncommon for girls that age to look much older than they are. I've made this argument on the pay board, a year ago Shai could of been in HS since he was an early enrollee, technically the same rule would apply if an 18 year old senior had sex with anyone under 18, would it have been the same deal then? Again like I said before if he knew how old she was when they met on social media then cut ties, otherwise I'm willing to let this play out before crucifying him.

From a legal standpoint it matters a great deal.

I remember having house parties while at VT when I was like 19-21 years old.....and I can remember a few occasions where HS girls tried crashing the party. It happens. With that being said if SM didn't know she was only 15....he needs to be smarter than that.

Will be interesting to see how this plays out.

Laws

I stand corrected. 22% at age 15 per a .gov website but it has also declined over the last several years... I think I got confused with another article I read on teens within a certain category. But it is still much higher than pre-13 which was 3.4%.

Before we condemn Shai why not let the legal system do their work and see if we can determine what actually happened and what the legal consequences are . This is not England. He is innocent until proven guilty.
If he is found guilty of somthing ,then punish him as is proprer. If it is serious enough let the coaching staff do their thing but at least wait until we know what we are talking about before we judge him.

This post was edited on 3/7 3:21 PM by leeanderthal

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT