ADVERTISEMENT

Beamer is a Cat with 9 Lives

Sep 27, 2015
I told all of you YEARS ago he was terminally ill with The Bowden Syndrome. He has continued his consistent and amazing streak of me Mediocrity without getting fired. Last year I posted he died, but yet was spared another life to live on and continue to destroy the once proud Va Tech.

Va tech Fans and Admin, let me tell you the deal. Just like Bobby Bowden, you must give a guy like Beamer a couple of extra years when anybody else would have been FIRED just because they built the program. I can live with that. Granted, idiot Florida State kept Bowden 3-5 years too long.

If you go beyond this you risk setting the program back 5-10 years.

if you continue to go byond that like your admin has, you evolve into a new program of Mediocrity. Before you know if, all the kids from Pre-K to high school is too young to remember the Michael Vick days. They have only seen growing up a 4-5 loss team each year and this is when you have died

Our program has already been set back 5-10 years if you consider this is our 4'th year and no matter what we do we will be below standard for us at least 2 or three more years.

At long last I have also withdrawn my meager support.

After the Pitt game, Beamer believes all the poor running plays and sacks were due to "missed assignments."

He alone, needs to take responsibility for such unimaginative play-calling in which we:

1) usually run on 1st and 2nd down and throw on 3rd. If teams can count on these tendencies then they can defeat even the best blocking and execution by packing the box and sending folks thru the gaps. They can defend a short field even if we do pass with all the pressure.

2) using no draw plays or screen passes to counter an anticipated, strong pass rush. Everyone know Motley was going to throw on 3rd down during the game and on every down late and he just got hung out to take hits. Who would want to play QB at VT where our young men are sacrificial lambs?

I'm over it.

Last edited:
Reactions: vt1hokie
hey BigDaddy, you forgot...

3) usually using our smallest back to run up the middle while using the bigger, slower backs to run sideline-to-sideline.

That's one of my personal favorites.

Coleman deserves to start because of his undying loyalty. But after the first possession, we need Edmunds, McMillian and Rogers up the middle.

Coleman deserves to start because of his undying loyalty. But after the first possession, we need Edmunds, McMillian and Rogers up the middle.
Well, I believe you start your best man but I appreciate what you are saying. JC hits the middle for 2 on 1'st down is now a tradition.

no one "deserves" anything in sports except the name on the FRONT of the jersey. "deserve" is loser-speak.

I am so sick of hearing "you have to establish the run to free up the passing game". So we run predictably and then desperation throws. How about using the pass to free the running game? How about threaten the pass so the opposing defense doesn't stack the box?

But after the first possession, we need Edmunds, McMillian and Rogers up the middle.

I'm glad that many of you have recognized on here that McMillian needs to see more action as the feature back. As a RS-FR he is the best investment Tech has at RB right now, because of the big-play potential that he has. I watched the first three games of this season and I thought he showed good flashes of his ability, but by that third game I could see that he is in a fairly limited and predictable role. By predictable I mean that if he is going to get the ball it is probably going to be on a jet sweep or a target through the air on a short route towards the sideline. They need to do more with him to give him more opportunities to make plays. Send him out of the backfield in ALL directions, hand-offs up the middle and off-tackle, screen passes out of the tailback position, do it all. If that line can just open up a hole for him he'll fly right through it.

I wasn't against the run-by-committee method, and I think Edmunds serves a purpose for the short yardage situations because of his big frame, and Rogers obviously needs to do it all as well because he is a leader. J.C. is a talented player but I think right now it is about making investments and would have to agree overall with the post I quoted.

They have misused JC Coleman from the day he stepped on campus. They should have used him like a Darren Sproles, but instead try to power run him up the middle.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT