ADVERTISEMENT

Bowl game question

Doesn't the ACC have a tie in to one of the majors? Used to be Orange Bowl. I think that the loser would go to the tie in bowl assuming Clemson remains in top four and goes to playoff.

Revising this - - - we would likely be barely ranked or possibly unranked after losing to Clemson. This would make Loiusville a more likely target for the Orange Bowl. Doubt they want an unranked or very low ranked team.

I suspect Louisville is already buying Orange Bowl tickets.

I think OB has lost some of it's luster as a major bowl game. Bowl tie ins have ruined many bowls. In reality for me, the only 2 bowls that matter are the ones VT and Alabama are playing in.

I suspect Louisville is already buying Orange Bowl tickets.

I think OB has lost some of it's luster as a major bowl game. Bowl tie ins have ruined many bowls. In reality for me, the only 2 bowls that matter are the ones VT and Alabama are playing in.
Not so fast. I am not ready to give the championship to Clempson just yet, not after watching them struggle against NC State and Pitt. Whoever wins Coastal would have a good chance to win the ACCCG.

Reactions: TN-Gamecock
Not so fast. I am not ready to give the championship to Clempson just yet, not after watching them struggle against NC State and Pitt. Whoever wins Coastal would have a good chance to win the ACCCG.
Let me correct this for you......not a "good" chance but only a chance.

Let me correct this for you......not a "good" chance but only a chance.
I have seen every single Clempson game this year. In my mind Coastal team would have about a 50-50% chance to win against THIS Clempson team. Whether that is a chance or a good chance is a matter of opinion.

I have seen every single Clempson game this year. In my mind Coastal team would have about a 50-50% chance to win against THIS Clempson team. Whether that is a chance or a good chance is a matter of opinion.
50-50 means you expect a pick'em game, really? I would expect Clemson to be favored by at least 7 points if not more. I believe you are giving VT to much credit.....I believe VT would have been 3rd at best in their division. Coastal is pretty weak this year in my opinion. Tarholes only other decent team in Coastal.

I just seen some Guru's bowl projections:

Cotton: Western Michigan vs Wisconcin
Sugar: Okalhoma vs Tennessee
Orange: Louisville vs Penn State

VT is projected for Taxslayer Bowl in Jacksonville vs LSU.

I hope VT wins ACC championship game and screws up all bowl projections.

Tennessee in Sugar bowl is a joke. Louisville in Orange is a joke.

All n all Big 10 has too many Bowl tie ins to bowls played in the South. Send them up north or out west.

All n all Big 10 has too many Bowl tie ins to bowls played in the South. Send them up north or out west.
I am not just giving VT a good chance. I also think UNC has a good chance to beat Clempson if they make it to the ACCCG. Clempson is nowhere close to where they were last year.
50-50 means you expect a pick'em game, really? I would expect Clemson to be favored by at least 7 points if not more. I believe you are giving VT to much credit.....I believe VT would have been 3rd at best in their division. Coastal is pretty weak this year in my opinion. Tarholes only other decent team in Coastal.
I think the Coastal representative will have a good chance to beat Clemson.Clemson is nowhere close to where they were last year. If a well-coached team like Pitt can beat them at home, a Coastal winner can take them down in Orlando.

50-50 means you expect a pick'em game, really?
I wouldn't go 50-50...maybe 70-30 at the moment. But poke is right (and I've been saying it all year), Clemson doesn't pass the eyeball test this year like they did last year. They are very, very lucky they don't have the same record as VT does.

You need to accept Louisville is a better team than you.

I wouldn't go 50-50...maybe 70-30 at the moment. But poke is right (and I've been saying it all year), Clemson doesn't pass the eyeball test this year like they did last year. They are very, very lucky they don't have the same record as VT does.
I would agree with the 70-30.......no way it's 50-50.

Louisville has been over rated all season. Heck they almost lost to a 2-9 team. Not to mention they are one of biggest scumbags schools n America. Normally Sugar Bowl is my favorite bowl other than VT and Bama bowls. If Louisville is in it I not watch it.

We haven't qualified for the championship game yet. If and when we do Clemson will be a two touchdown favorite.

how does it feel guys?? that a 10 win season and a coastal crown is still possible last week of the regular season?.... this is great.. tbh we really should have only lost 1 game.. (should have won it to IMO) But this is what we have been spoiled on for last few decades.. I hope we take care of business.. shock the world against clemson.. win bowl game.. Hodges, and Ford decide to come back for Senior season and 2017 might be special. We need to get on the recruiting tho.. start pulling in the top 10 state recruits like we use to.

Reactions: Hampton Roads 6
We need to divert some in state recruits from Charlottesville to Blacksburg. Why good players go up there after being offered by VT is puzzling. I guess they like being "home" in late December or early January, instead of going to a bowl game.
A player who stays at a school for 4 years and never sniffs a bowl game, is on a sorry team.

We need to divert some in state recruits from Charlottesville to Blacksburg. Why good players go up there after being offered by VT is puzzling. I guess they like being "home" in late December or early January, instead of going to a bowl game.
A player who stays at a school for 4 years and never sniffs a bowl game, is on a sorry team.
Hey, those kids are like me......they like to stay home and watch every single bowl game on TV! As for recruiting, we have not been losing top recruits to the Hoos lately. We have been losing those to Alabama, FSU, and to some degree, to Clemson. We'll do well if we can get half of those to come to Blacksburg.

Whoever wins (VT or Carolina) I hope they lose to Clemson. If Clemson is upset there will be no ACC representative in the playoff. Right now only Clemson can make it to the playoff.

Even as much as Clemson is vulnerable this year - they have taken care of business when they had to. Personally, I do not feel that North Carolina nor Virginia Tech has earned the right to represent the ACC this year. Would be sad state of affairs to have the winner of the ACC with 3 losses.

Whoever wins (VT or Carolina) I hope they lose to Clemson. If Clemson is upset there will be no ACC representative in the playoff. Right now only Clemson can make it to the playoff.

Even as much as Clemson is vulnerable this year - they have taken care of business when they had to. Personally, I do not feel that North Carolina nor Virginia Tech has earned the right to represent the ACC this year. Would be sad state of affairs to have the winner of the ACC with 3 losses.
Hell no! I want VT to play in and win the ACCCG. We may not make the playoffs, but a 10-3 record is still much better than 9-4 year. Besides, I hate losing to Clempson. I live about 40 miles from the campus and am surrounded by their 'fans' with their Walmart T-shirts.

A good post.....would definitely be best for ACC to win out and make playoffs.

The Selection committee most always talks about how much they value conference championships. Be nice for VT to win ACC and put some pressure on committee.

F*** the ACC.. my school is VT.. Did not go to ACC university.. sorry.. VT Acc champs sounds better to me.. someone else told me the same thing. that We need Clemson to win it to be in the playoff.. don't get the logic as to why Clemson not getting the job done hurts VT.. and VT will have the Champ trophy..

F*** the ACC.. my school is VT.. Did not go to ACC university.. sorry.. VT Acc champs sounds better to me.. someone else told me the same thing. that We need Clemson to win it to be in the playoff.. don't get the logic as to why Clemson not getting the job done hurts VT.. and VT will have the Champ trophy..
All those saying having Clemson in the playoffs is a good thing are either Clemson fans, or UVA fans. Every other ACC fan that I know ( my friends who attended Pitt, Duke, and GT for instance) would be pulling for VT. Go Hokies!

Reactions: cmmcclu
The Selection committee most always talks about how much they value conference championships. Be nice for VT to win ACC and put some pressure on committee.
Their will be no pressure on the committee if VT wins....the ACC just doesn't make the playoffs. You don't want to be the conference that doesn't get in, we need Clemson to win.

win or lose Clemson isn't top 4 this season anyways. ACC doesn't deserve a team in the playoffs. If we can win the next 2 games it should help recruiting battles against Clemson also. Screw the ACC. GO HOKIES

If Clemson makes the playoff, they will be embarrassed and exposed. Does that make the league look better than no one making it at all?

If I were on committee and things play out as they should, the 4 playoff teams:

1. Alabama
2. Penn State
3. Virginia Tech
4. Clemson or PAC 12 Champion

All season all I have heard is how good Louisville is and how good Clemson is. Be nice if both have to "look up" to VT as their ACC Champions.

how does it feel guys?? that a 10 win season and a coastal crown is still possible last week of the regular season?.... this is great.. tbh we really should have only lost 1 game.. (should have won it to IMO) But this is what we have been spoiled on for last few decades.. I hope we take care of business.. shock the world against clemson.. win bowl game.. Hodges, and Ford decide to come back for Senior season and 2017 might be special. We need to get on the recruiting tho.. start pulling in the top 10 state recruits like we use to.
Need to beat UVA first... Don't forget about Syracuse. And GT was played at Lane. But I think we will score more than 10 points against Va.

Reactions: RB4

1. Alabama
2. Penn State
3. Virginia Tech
Unless Penn State wins the Big10 (or whatever that conference is called these days), only the winner of Ohio State/Michigan deserves to be in the top 4. As for VT, a team that lost 3 games (especially considering who we lost to) does not deserve to be in the top 4.

That may be true. But as conference champions we would have done something Clemson Florida State or Louisville could not do.

1. Alabama
2. Penn State
3. Virginia Tech
You truly know nothing about college football.....post like this are an embarrassment for you.

You truly know nothing about college football.....post like this are an embarrassment for you.
He qualified that with 'if things play out', meaning if VT and PSU win their conferences. If they do indeed win out, he would have a valid argument for that top 4 as they would all be conference champions. You and I would not agree with it, but calling that an embarrassment is a bit over the top I think.

Reactions: Hampton Roads 6
He qualified that with 'if things play out', meaning if VT and PSU win their conferences. If they do indeed win out, he would have a valid argument for that top 4 as they would all be conference champions. You and I would not agree with it, but calling that an embarrassment is a bit over the top I think.
Good Post....but still embarrassing is correct.

Reactions: bschroed
All those saying having Clemson in the playoffs is a good thing are either Clemson fans, or UVA fans. Every other ACC fan that I know ( my friends who attended Pitt, Duke, and GT for instance) would be pulling for VT. Go Hokies!
What about all of us (I'm from Greer originally) Carolina fans in Greenville/Spartanburg/Anderson, we ALL want the Hokies to win...Lots of Hokies here in the TriCities that I'm friends with, so that being said, Go Hokies....
Go Gamecocks, Go Hokies!!!

I would like to think the Coastal champion would get a better bowl that Russell bowl. Heck, I believe we went there once when we were 6-6.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT