ADVERTISEMENT

Bring on the Bud. Our next HC already lives in BBurg

Taking 10 damn minutes to score a TD against Duke is what hurts VT recruiting...I understand and can appreciate the mind set behind it, you understand and can appreciate the mindset behind it, but 17 yr old elite offensive recruits wanting to showcase their talent in a high octane system popular today, probably dont think much of it.
Ive always heard BF wasnt very good at the "politics" involved in being a head coach and prefers instead to be a locker room jock type coach. That might be true but Ive also wondered If his knowledge and philosophy didnt weigh in on him not being hired as a head coach as well. Bud has never coached under anybody except Frank Beamer and Beamer has pretty much always tossed Bud the keys to the Hokie machine. Put it like this...If Im an AD in todays offense oriented college football and Im deciding between a decent DC that has worked alongside some decent OCs and offense minded head coaches OR an excellent DC in Bud Foster that has only worked alongside ultra conservative Beamer and an OC like Stiney and Loeffler...that along with Buds rep for not liking the politics of being a HC is likely going to make me choose the decent DC over BF.
On the flip side, Hokie fans already know Bud Foster and are used to the conservative offense philosophy so I think they would accept him and as long as he brought in a better OC than what we have now, I think he could pull it off. Ive often wondered how an offensive mind like Tony Franklin would fit with Bud as HC/DC (I think they played together at Murray State). Ive also wondered how one of the triple option OCs would coincide with a BF defense. Just one mans opinion...

The colts just fired your boy. Add him to the mix.

So how about this. I'm not doing anything next fall and will definitely save on tickets if I became the HC. I would like to upgrade my 100 inch screen too.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT