ADVERTISEMENT

Championship Game

Hampton Roads 6

Hokie Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2003
Regardless of who wins, the 2 best teams are playing for nc, unlike some years.

Good to see Okies and the Big 10 gone.

Roll Tide

It is really good that a SEC team is playing an ACC team. That's the way it should be. Much better game since Big 10 and PAC 10 not involved, along with Okalhoma. and may I add Notre Dame.

Reactions: B1dee
Looks like Bama opened by 7 for the natty. I like Clemson's odds of beating that spread. Clemson is just as well coached if not better and nearly if not just as talented in the 2-deep at every position. As good as Bama's d is I can't just can't see them shutting down the Tigers' offense. Clemson 33-17 is my prediction.

Reactions: Salemite
Looks like Bama opened by 7 for the natty. I like Clemson's odds of beating that spread. Clemson is just as well coached if not better and nearly if not just as talented in the 2-deep at every position. As good as Bama's d is I can't just can't see them shutting down the Tigers' offense. Clemson 33-17 is my prediction.
Good post SBW. I hope you are right. Bama's lines are scary good. I'm with you betting on the O for Clemson. Bama's O looked pretty good in the MSU game . MSU has a very good D too.

Reactions: SunnyBeachWave
I'll root the whole way for Clemson but the Alabama defense, in my opinion, will be too strong. I don't think Clemson will be able to run on them. Unfortunately I see the score opposite of you - Alabama 35-17.

Reactions: Hampton Roads 6
Bama by > 2 TDs.
Something like 28-7, Tide.
Tackles on O & D are great.
Henry will be running downhill in 4th qtr.

I'll root the whole way for Clemson but the Alabama defense, in my opinion, will be too strong. I don't think Clemson will be able to run on them. Unfortunately I see the score opposite of you - Alabama 35-17.

Clemson has played 5 top 20 defenses and ran for over 100 yds on every one of them including the #1 and #6 rush defenses in the nation. . #1, #11, #14, #16, and #19 over defenses. Some might say App St at #11 shouldn't count, but they held Clemson to 144 yds on 44 carries, 3.2 ypc while Clemson ran for 312 against Oklahoma.

If Bama can shut down their run, of course they'll likely win, but this Clemson team has beaten some good teams this year. Two 1000 yd rushers with 12 td each, one of them also passed for 31/12 td/int and that will be the key to this game, Watson's threat to run opening his wrs. Again, this is all jmo.

I hope Bama wins, then I can taunt some local naysayers. I know a couple that will get Bama decals on their vehicles.

Bama may very well win but Clemson has played a tougher schedule and I believe they are better than some believe.

Bama may very well win but Clemson has played a tougher schedule and I believe they are better than some believe.
I hate SEC, but look at their record this bowl season and based on that, you have to admit that they are the best conference and Bama played the toughest schedule.

The majority of bowl games could have played at local high schools and still not sold out.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT