ADVERTISEMENT

Coach about to leave?

notron

New Recruit
Sep 4, 2011
Saw on Facebook that our coach is looking to talk to Baylor about their football coach job any news about this or is this just a bunch of nonsense?

If he does, bring back Foster as HC and let him tutor JHam and Tapp then bring in Tony Franklin as OC. I've always wanted these 2 on the same sideline together. Anything other than this will be a setback.

I, as well as others, have reminded folks that Beamer verbally accepted the UNC job, then had a change of heart and turned them down, then had lots of good years at VR afterwards. Fuentes could do the same.

But if he takes the new job, he may get more money and have an easier time recruiting and building/maintaining the Baylor program. He done OK but has not done that great a job at VT so he may leave while he's marketable.

Fuentes could make VT match the offer from Baylor and stay.

Anyway, with such a young team and with everyone coming back, we should do well next year with Fuentes. Without him, some players may jump ship.

I, as well as others, have reminded folks that Beamer verbally accepted the UNC job, then had a change of heart and turned them down, then had lots of good years at VR afterwards. Fuentes could do the same.

But if he takes the new job, he may get more money and have an easier time recruiting and building/maintaining the Baylor program. He done OK but has not done that great a job at VT so he may leave while he's marketable.

Fuentes could make VT match the offer from Baylor and stay.

Anyway, with such a young team and with everyone coming back, we should do well next year with Fuentes. Without him, some players may jump ship.
I do not think Fuentes will leave VT. He has not proven himself to be a top recruiter and coach. I hope this will change over the next few years at VT. We should be able to win the Coastal next year. Will not be anywhere near Clemson level anytime soon.

Maybe these new, younger coaches can recruit better.
I think that with our returning players and the new ones coming on we will be a force in the ACC this coming year.......if the coaching changes pan out. Other words it's not the players I worry about it is did we get the coaches that have the know how and will they gel with the players.

Reactions: kcwashing1
The first year we had an offense. Every year after that it seems we got more conservative and learned more and more on the defense. It's like Beamer 2.0 complete with questionable OC but lacking in special teams.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT