ADVERTISEMENT

Coach will be Back in 2015 along with whole staff

At no time did I believe Beamer would be let go, it will take more than one sub par season for his job to be on the line.

Originally posted by Hoos19NC:
At no time did I believe Beamer would be let go, it will take more than one sub par season for his job to be on the line.
What, is this year 2012?

Witt could never have walked into VT and fired Frank in his first year. He put Frank on notice, and made it very public, that there must be significant improvement. I don't have any reason to believe Witt thinks there will be improvement, but he is going through the process. There was no alternative other than give Frank one more year, and then make a change. And Witt is smart enough that he probably has Frank's buy in to step down after this year is there is not significant change.

Originally posted by VTSmitty:

Witt could never have walked into VT and fired Frank in his first year. He put Frank on notice, and made it very public, that there must be significant improvement. I don't have any reason to believe Witt thinks there will be improvement, but he is going through the process. There was no alternative other than give Frank one more year, and then make a change. And Witt is smart enough that he probably has Frank's buy in to step down after this year is there is not significant change.
I love how he handled the whole Bud affair. No promises that bind him when Frank leaves, but Bud get paid,and has job security if he wants it. If Bud doesn't want to stay for a new HC, at least he knows what he's leaving on the table. If Whit wants him there as DC for the new HC, and that's what the HC wants, then tear up Bud's new contract and sweeten the pot more.

What I really love is that Bud never asked about the HC in waiting. That is a class act.

Here is a thought, Would of Bud signed the contract if Coach wasn't coming back?

Bud has a future at VT, the NRV is his Home. VT has been his job since the 90's , Frank Beamer will Be fired or quit here in the next year or two...SO... Yes Bud sees the big picture. Why would be not, He has Always stated that VT and the NRV is His Home !! Somehow people can't seem to get the fact that Frank Beamer is Heading over the hill !!! 68 and health issues, Old and out of the Times...list goes on. It's Time Frank Stepped Up and let It go and not force the AD of VT to do it and he will ....

Jack, I'm sure you know that Bud has been with Coach since he was 18 years old. Sure you saw the post bowl ,interview with Mike, he didn't get choked up about signing a new contract, they had won a game for his Coach. I agree Bud loves VT and the NRV but IMO his loyalty is with his Coach. first. Coach has always stuck up for his staff. Also IMO Shane has a couple brothers on staff with him.
wink.r191677.gif
And while we're on the topic of loving the NRV and VT, it's time the administration brings back VT legends Coach Billy Hite and Coach Cav in front of the Hokie Nation and Honor them . Billy's name needs to be hung in Lane IMO.

Based on the interview with Whit in the Daily News, he and Frank are in total agreement as to what needs to be done. If it ain't done then thats itIMO.

Originally posted by 1bburgfan:

Jack, I'm sure you know that Bud has been with Coach since he was 18 years old. Sure you saw the post bowl ,interview with Mike, he didn't get choked up about signing a new contract, they had won a game for his Coach. I agree Bud loves VT and the NRV but IMO his loyalty is with his Coach. first. Coach has always stuck up for his staff. Also IMO Shane has a couple brothers on staff with him.
wink.r191677.gif
And while we're on the topic of loving the NRV and VT, it's time the administration brings back VT legends Coach Billy Hite and Coach Cav in front of the Hokie Nation and Honor them . Billy's name needs to be hung in Lane IMO.
1bburgfan...YEP !! Aware all you just stated , shucks , I've been in the NRV all my life ! At 68 , knew young Frank when he played high school ball , when he was a Asst. High School Coach here in Radford before he headed on to his College Career. And when he came "home " to VT. Hell, that's all I'll state here. BUT Bud is a Grown man and Came to VT and has MADE his own path. and Will add to it past when Frank Beamer either retires or Forced to Quit...And You might want to know where little Beams heart at...Cause He knows that the Head coaching Job at VT is Not His. HE's Looking my Friend.
Cav and Billy , Not being VT grads , IMO, will not get that honor and shouldn't , But they Did a lot for VT . Anything Else...Go HOKIES

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT