ADVERTISEMENT

Crimeson Tide shows its true colors

Even Paul Finebaum who bleeds Bama Crimson couldn't believe Nicky Satan would offer this thug......

Originally posted by Hoos19NC:
Even Paul Finebaum who bleeds Bama Crimson couldn't believe Nicky Satan would offer this thug......
he bleeds Tennessee as an alum but certain has near hemorrhagic Roll Tide bias too.

Originally posted by 1bburgfan:

If this is what it takes to be in the playoffs, then 7-6 is fine with me. Does the SEC West have any morals?
I'd give him a 2nd chance in a heartbeat. Somebody is going to, might as well be the good guys. Start him out on probation.

He's already had a second chance, got in trouble twice while at Georgia.......kudos to Richt for taken action and sending this kid packing. I hope it blows up in Satans face and is a real embarrassment to that low in school.

I guess to win is more important to some. I was taught and coached is more important on how you played than winning and losing. Birdie have you notice someone hasn't replied to this thread
wink.r191677.gif

He would be blowing up if this kid signed anywhere else......guess he doesn't have standards.

I think Coach Saban knows something about this player that message board posters do not. I am sure Coach Saban done an investigation before accepting him.

Yep coach Satan found out this thug can play.....desperate times in the SEC West.

Nothing desperate. The Crimson Tide went 12-2 in a rebuilding year.

Next year they should go undefeated.

Next year SEC will be the 3rd best conference behind Big 10 and Pac 12........oh yea, they were 3rd this year.

Hoos19, you have been listening to ESPN or some other media source too much. Let Little 10 and Pacify 12 play the schedule the SEC schools play, and see how they do. Do not base anything on bowl games.

While thinking of next year, you might want to put VT near top of your list.

I just heard Bama is losing 3 of their top players to NFL. Cooper, Yeldon and I forget other one
This post was edited on 1/9 3:25 PM by Hampton Roads 6

Get back to me when SEC starts playing real teams out of conference......bowls just confirmed what I already knew, SEC not the best anymore. As for VT, you might want to stop drinking the kool aid.....you will just get your feelings hurt again like this year.

Originally posted by Hampton Roads 6:

Hoos19, you have been listening to ESPN or some other media source too much. Let Little 10 and Pacify 12 play the schedule the SEC schools play, and see how they do. Do not base anything on bowl games.

While thinking of next year, you might want to put VT near top of your list.

I just heard Bama is losing 3 of their top players to NFL. Cooper, Yeldon and I forget other one
This post was edited on 1/9 3:25 PM by Hampton Roads 6
Geez, how funny is this comment? So, you are saying we should not judge the SEC on how they do during bowl season against its OOC peers, but instead judge them based on its conference schedule, when one team will always win and one team will always lose no matter who plays who, and no matter how good or bad anyone is? Newsflash, HR: The SEC went .500 during its in conference schedule, just like the Sun Belt, MAC, ACC, Pac, and every other conference out there, so how can in conference games prove anything in relation to other conferences?

HR, your proud little conference got exposed big time for the fraud it is, and I fail to see how the weak "beat each other up" excuse has any merit when ND, 2 Big Ten, ACC, and Big 12 teams all kicked SEC tail this bowl season. And, your proud little coach got his tail exposed again this year, this time by a 3rd string QB, as if last year's butt kickings by Auburn and Oklahoma weren't bad enough. But, thanks to ongoing bias, I'm sure Bama will lose again next year, probably to a QB as bad as Bo Wallace and a team as average as Ole Miss, and, to use the playoff committee's words, still be a "clear #1" when the playoff rankings come out next year. Clear #1? Good one.

Originally posted by SunnyBeachWave:

If this is what it takes to be in the playoffs, then 7-6 is fine with me. Does the SEC West have any morals?
I'd give him a 2nd chance in a heartbeat. Somebody is going to, might as well be the good guys. Start him out on probation.
Wow, I guess when your reputation is already as bad as Bama's, it doesn't really matter what you do. I think the guy should never be allowed to play college football again. He choked his girlfriend and repeatedly struck her in the face with a closed fist. It doesn't get much lower than that. Geez, Sunny, first Chad Kelly, now this guy. Just think Sunny, if you had your way, we would have Chad Kelly at QB, and this clown at DT. Is that really the rep we want? Every time someone gets kicked out of their school, just welcome them here with open arms, regardless of what they did? I wonder if Saban would be so willing to accept him if that were his daughter that got choked and punched by the guy. Unreal!

Well I guess there is a special exception for Alabama. If it were you or I then we would be sitting in prison getting butt f****d right now. Student athletes are not above the law. There is no way a regular kid with that on his resume would be accepted into Alabama. We really do need to send a message that thuggary is not allowed in our schools. BS on second chances. You do something that stupid you deserve what you get.

Alabama is becoming the Marshall of the SEC....we take all of your rejects no matter what they do.

Alabama is becoming the Marshall of the SEC....we take all of your rejects no matter what they do.

No use in arguing with HR6 on Alabama, Birdie, we all know Saban is slimy, HR6 is just a huge Bama apologist.

This post was edited on 1/10 12:39 AM by VTHokie1001K

Originally posted by VTHokie1001K:

No use in arguing with HR6 on Alabama, Birdie, we all know Saban is slimy, HR6 is just a huge Bama apologist.

This post was edited on 1/10 12:39 AM by VTHokie1001K
But it sure is fun pulling his spread string.

Originally posted by pckank1:

Wow, I guess when your reputation is already as bad as Bama's, it doesn't really matter what you do. I think the guy should never be allowed to play college football again. He choked his girlfriend and repeatedly struck her in the face with a closed fist. It doesn't get much lower than that. Geez, Sunny, first Chad Kelly, now this guy. Just think Sunny, if you had your way, we would have Chad Kelly at QB, and this clown at DT. Is that really the rep we want? Every time someone gets kicked out of their school, just welcome them here with open arms, regardless of what they did? I wonder if Saban would be so willing to accept him if that were his daughter that got choked and punched by the guy. Unreal!
Rep? Do you honestly think taking on a troubled kid who needs guidance and leading him to prosperity, or at least attempting to is bad for your rep?

What if the kid had gotten a dui? Does it get "much lower than that"? A dui means he intentionally placed a lot of people, families, women and children, at risk of death. He could have hit someone head on and killed an entire family. It happens quite often. Yet, the penalty for dui is not even close to attempted murder.

What if an nfl player lied and covered up a murder for his friends outside a nightclub at the superbowl, got convicted of lying and covering it up, went on to be one of the greatest lbs ever to play the game, retired and had a statue resurrected outside the stadium in his honor? Would you have said he should never have been able to play in the nfl again?

Ray Rice did the same thing as this Georgia transfer but only needed one punch. Adrian Peterson cut his son all to hell in a beating, including lacerating his nutsac. Unfortunately some people lose their temper in a blind rage and learn very difficult lessons in life because of it. What should be taken from them?

Ever heard of a guy named Saul who use to kill Christians?

What if this kid was your son? Would your opinion that he should never be allowed to play football again be different?

Your opinion is a kid who screws up "too much" according to your current expressed moral compass should never be allowed to play football again. I'm not using my moral compass as a measure. There are laws and policies in place to determine who could or should be able to do what and where. I'm being pragmatic and if he's going to get a 2nd chance, why not at VT? A 2nd chance is a 2nd chance. Since you don't think he should be allowed to play football again, are there other things in life you think he should be deprived? Should people who make terrible mistakes in life be banished to an island? Where exactly do you think the line should be drawn according to your compass?

It's pretty simple for me. If you haven't broken trust with me, then I'm good with giving you a 2nd chance. We all make mistakes. I read an article about a survey several years ago that asked 1000 random Americans anonymously if they felt they had ever committed a felony at some point in their life. 80% answered yes. Four of five Americans commit a felony at some point, but only 1 of 10 get caught.

Many are those quick to judge others and ignore their own hypocrisies until they're confronted on their own road to Damascus.

Lastly, you don't know me. If you did, you wouldn't make such foolish comments.

Just saying I would rather be meek and inherit the Military Bowl....................

Sunny said,

"Rep? Do you honestly think taking on a troubled kid who needs
guidance and leading him to prosperity, or at least attempting to is bad
for your rep? ........What if this kid was your son? Would your opinion that he should never be allowed to play football again be different?"

Not at all. The guy choked his girlfriend and repeatedly punched her with a closed fist. I'm not sure what part of that you do not understand. He should never be allowed to play college football again. Period. As for the rep part, obviously it is bad for your rep. All you have to do is read one of the numerous media stories out there giving Saban and Bama a bunch of crap for this.

Police said evidence and witness accounts indicate the 6-foot-4,
340-pound Taylor "choked" and "struck with a closed fist" his 5-11,
170-pound female victim. She was left with "visible scratches and red
marks to her neck and bruises on her arm and leg," according to the
police report.

Fine, Sunny, give this guy a 2nd (3rd) chance. While you are at it, let him date your college daughter if you have one. Or, if you have real young ones, let him babysit. I'm sure he has learned his lesson and would never do anything violent like this again, right?

Not at all. The guy choked his girlfriend and repeatedly punched her with a closed fist. I'm not sure what part of that you do not understand. He should never be allowed to play college football again. Period. As for the rep part, obviously it is bad for your rep. All you have to do is read one of the numerous media stories out there giving Saban and Bama a bunch of crap for this.

police report.

Fine, Sunny, give this guy a 2nd (3rd) chance. While you are at it, let him date your college daughter if you have one. Or, if you have real young ones, let him babysit. I'm sure he has learned his lesson and would never do anything violent like this again, right?
You don't really believe I have a comprehension issue so why the rude comment? You seem to be getting upset that my personal opinion is not aligned with yours. What you don't seem to understand is your opinion is based on your ideologies, not mine. Again, there are laws, regulations, individual school policies, etc, that dictate whether or not one "should" play college football again. When you say "he should never be allowed to play college football again", you're making a determination based on how you feel emotionally.

I don't care to discuss or explain my morals to you, so you can exclude me and my beliefs from your coaching integrity radar henceforth. That way, we don't have an issue.

Just saying I would rather be meek and inherit the Military Bowl....................
And I can't say I totally disagree with that. I value Beamer's integrity. I was being a bit facetious with my original comment, although not completely. I didn't read the article until kank decided to take a jab at me, and didn't know he'd been arrested for trying to swindle them on the checks (though I think he was acquitted for that).

police report.

You don't really believe I have a comprehension issue so why the rude comment? You seem to be getting upset that my personal opinion is not aligned with yours. What you don't seem to understand is your opinion is based on your ideologies, not mine. Again, there are laws, regulations, individual school policies, etc, that dictate whether or not one "should" play college football again. When you say "he should never be allowed to play college football again", you're making a determination based on how you feel emotionally.

I don't care to discuss or explain my morals to you, so you can exclude me and my beliefs from your coaching integrity radar henceforth. That way, we don't have an issue.
Sorry, Sunny, I did not realize anything I said was rude, and I am definitely not upset that we have differing opinions. Message boards would be awfully boring if everyone always agreed. We could go through most every thread and find someone copying someone else's quote and then differing with it, so I have no idea why you are overreacting and making this any different just because I copied your "second chance" quote and disagreed with it.

You are correct in saying my comments are based on how I feel about this. Why wouldn't they be? Aren't most comments and opinions on message boards based on how we feel? So, I feel like a guy who chokes his girlfriend and punches her repeatedly should not be allowed to play college football, and I would definitely not want VT to accept him, and you, Nick Saban, and maybe someone else somewhere obviously think otherwise. No worries on my end.

police report.

Sorry, Sunny, I did not realize anything I said was rude, and I am definitely not upset that we have differing opinions. Message boards would be awfully boring if everyone always agreed. We could go through most every thread and find someone copying someone else's quote and then differing with it, so I have no idea why you are overreacting and making this any different just because I copied your "second chance" quote and disagreed with it.

You are correct in saying my comments are based on how I feel about this. Why wouldn't they be? Aren't most comments and opinions on message boards based on how we feel? So, I feel like a guy who chokes his girlfriend and punches her repeatedly should not be allowed to play college football, and I would definitely not want VT to accept him, and you, Nick Saban, and maybe someone else somewhere obviously think otherwise. No worries on my end.
nvm
This post was edited on 1/12 1:47 PM by SunnyBeachWave

The thing that puzzles me about msg boards is why some attack a poster just because they do not agree with what was posted. If I not agree with someone I respect their opinion, and offer facts as to why they are wrong or mis-informed. No need to attack them. Boards would be no fun if everyone has same opinion.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT