ADVERTISEMENT

Fuente was such a POS

nosmada

Team Captain
Gold Member
Oct 8, 2021

Hooker was shown shaking and almost convulsing on the sideline during a December game against Clemson. When asked about his player after the game, Virginia Tech coach Justin Fuente said his quarterback was "cold." The game time temperature was 37 degrees. Hooker said the medicine they'd used during the scope of his heart had "reactivated."

"You're sitting on the sidelines so long with no movement," Hooker recalled. "You're on the top of the mountain [at Virginia Tech]. There's no heat on the sidelines. You try to do some jumping jacks. All the sudden, my body just starts to shake.

"My teeth are chattering. I see my fingernails turning blue. What in the world? This is crazy! To come back in the next day [and see] my coach told the media I was just cold was hurtful. I didn't know what to say."

In that game, Hooker completed one pass, fumbled a snap and never play another down at Virginia Tech. The Hokies went with Braxton Burmeister to finish the season. It became clear there was no future for him there.

"I grew up in Blacksburg," Hooker said figuratively. "A lot of my friends from home came because I was there already. I tried to handle it professionally. … I jumped in the [transfer] portal a couple of days later. I remember coming in to tell Coach Fuente about it. It brought tears to my eyes because I really enjoyed being there."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News