ADVERTISEMENT

Greetings from Boston...

Aug 10, 2009
Hi fellas: I'll be making my first trip to your fine campus for the BC game Saturday after next. While I'm a BC alum a fan for sure, I'm a CFB fan above all else so prefer to sit good seats with Hokie fans to talk some ball, get the full experience of what Hokie football is all about. Have always had Lane on the bucket list, so I'm damn excited.

Any info you all can provide in the way of:

1) Okay to wear away colors in VT sections of the stadium? We'll be time, odd group coming with, the old lady and my mom. Haha. (Don't ask). ;) I've heard nothing but great things about Hokie fans, so I'm assuming I don't have much of a chance of having beer poured on me intentionally? Just looking to hopefully avoid that sort of nonsense.

2) What's the best row height in your opinion? Looking around seems CC may be slightly too flat, but AAA may be a bit removed? If you've ever been to Alumni my tickets are front row of the uppers and I love that height/angle.

3) What's the parking situation like, what do you recommend? When do you recommend I ideally arrive at said parking? I like to be in the stadium 45mins to an hour before kickoff.

4) Vending? Good stadium eats? I've heard of legendary turkey legs. Where does one obtain these things?

5) What do I need to see/do prior to going inside Lane? Walk through campus? Timing/location of the Hokie walk? Band entrance?

Thanks for any of the above you may decide to tackle for me.

In the meantime, have a look at my CFB website www.15Saturdays.com to get a sense of who I am and for the love of all things good and holy, please take down those cream sickles and their gym teacher HC in the BatB!!

I'll let the more recent season ticket holders fill in a lot of this data (the game day logistics have changed a TON in Blacksburg over the last decade), but school colors don't matter there, just how you act. If you're a drunk WVU fan trying to start fights with everyone, then you will NOT be graciously hosted. And that means in ANY year that you try it, morons. If you're wearing UVa colors, then you will just be ridiculed and pitied. For everyone else, if you're friendly and respectful, then VT fans are some of the best fans in the world to hang out with. It's generally good people who just love good football, and BC is a respected opponent that we've never had bad blood with. It also doesn't hurt that BC's colors are very similar to VT's colors, so it's not like you'll stand out very much. Just smile and shake some hands, and you'll be invited into more tailgates than you can shake a stick at. Also, you should count the number of "Welcome to Blacksburg!" greetings that you get and report back here. We kind of have a running compilation of those going back a couple of decades. Well, if your school mascot doesn't end in EER or IER, that is.

Reactions: EagleGradCC
I have sat mid field in UVA colors for years at the VT-UVA game and always been treated great.....in fact the year Vic Hall came out as QB for UVA the Hokies around me were very gracious when they found out he was from my home town. You will have a great time as long as you are respectful.....no problem pulling for your team. Enjoy your first trip to Lane and I hope you enjoy our beautiful state.

Thanks guys. Will def be respectful. Easy to act that way when you do have a ton of respect for a state, university, program, and fan base.

If I see you Eagle fan I'll say welcome to Blacksburg. I'm sure you'll have a good time and will be treated like a our guest.

Thanks guys. Will def be respectful. Easy to act that way when you do have a ton of respect for a state, university, program, and fan base.
I went to Clemson vs. BC game a few years ago in Death Valley when Matt Ryan was a senior (I think) and as a neutral fan, pulled for BC. The BC fans saw my VT attire and noticed I was pulling for their team and came over to talk to me. I chatted with several of them after the game and thought they were all really nice folks. You guys will be fine. Enjoy your trip to god's country, aka Blacksburg.

Thanks fellas, we all feel the same way about you guys. The ACC is generally very friendly (now that Maryland is gone) and in particular always a pleasure to host VT and Clemson in particular.

I grabbed my seats, we'll be in Section 10, Row CC. What do you all think about those? Seems like maybe a little lower/flatter that I typically set, but seems like those should be ++ seats. We'll be in them early, probably some of the few in maroon that day since you all are having a white out.

Can someone give me some advice on parking and the drive in? If I want to be sitting in the seats 1 hour before kickoff, what time should I be rolling into Blacksburg and where should I plan to park?

The other thing I want to be sure to do is snag some of those turkey legs so if someone would let me know where those are I'd much appreciate it. And of course, I'll reciprocate when you all come up here next year.

Anyone have a change to check out my webpage? What'd ya think?

Hey guys:

Just wanted to drop by to say that your fellow Hokies were as nice and welcoming as nice and welcoming could be. Gorgeous stadium, great team, and many handshakes. Appreciate it and will be in your corner the rest of the season.

Meanwhile, can you even believe how far we've fallen? Amazing what two awful HC hires (along with two awful ADs can do to a program). Well be back, in 10 years or so, I hope. Ugh.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT