ADVERTISEMENT

Help out a Buckeye

Nov 14, 2008
Just bought tickets to the game on the 7th. Never been to Blacksburg so can you fine gentlemen help out with bar recs and a good place to get lunch before the drinking begins? I'm 31 coming with my gf who is 26 so looking for a somewhat rowdy environment but not animal house crazy.

go downtown in Blacksburg not far from campus and there are plenty of good places to eat and walk to the game. You may have to get there very early in the day to find a place to park however unless you pay dearly.

Glad to hear you're making the trip. Blacksburg isn't a big town, 99% of the bars are located on one strip which is practically on campus. On gameday downtown will be packed, it will be impossible for you to miss it. I'd also check out the tailgates around the stadium. If you're not going around screaming your head off about the Buckeyes you'll most likely be offered copious amounts of free bourbon and serenaded with, "Welcome To Blacksburg!"

Just bought tickets to the game on the 7th. Never been to Blacksburg so can you fine gentlemen help out with bar recs and a good place to get lunch before the drinking begins? I'm 31 coming with my gf who is 26 so looking for a somewhat rowdy environment but not animal house crazy.

Top of the Stairs
Cabo Fish Taco
Sharkey's
PKS

You can google the locations. Any of those would be very good for lunch before the game.

http://www.drankbank.com/bars-blacksburg-virginia.html

If you go to ToT's (Top of The Stairs) and really want to tie one on make sure to order a "Rail" just be careful...they will catch up on ya.

Reactions: SunnyBeachWave
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT