ADVERTISEMENT

Hokies lose Wrestling Coach

Hoos19NC

Hokie Hall of Fame
Jun 28, 2012
Big lose for sure....he had done one heck of a job building the program. I thought this might be the sport VT broke through with a Natty.

Big shout out to Coach D, many thanks for putting wrestling on the map in SW Va . Hokies will be ok here , programs Coach Dresser has left before have all done well, in fact Christiansburg just won their 16th straight championship this past Saturday . Coach D is a builder of programs , Iowa St was to good of an offer to refuse , 20 minutes from his mom and only brother, and a chance to coach in the arena that he grew up watching wrestling and falling in love with the sport. Wishing you the best Coach D, but be aware the Hokies are going to come recruiting the young Dresser , and bring him back to Blacksburg ;)

Hope they give the job to Tony Robie, Been successful at anything he has ever done.

I would offer Daryl Weber. I'm pretty sure he is out of coaching now, but still in the Blacksburg-Christiansburg area. If we hire Weber, we instantly pick up where Dresser left the program. Robie is solid and no question, a Pa guy is pretty tough to beat in wrestling and he will likely do very well, but Weber is a proven winner and instant success if we could get him out of the business or marketing job, and back in to coaching wrestling. Travis Fiser from Grundy would also be a solid choice. If we get 1 of the 3 guys mentioned in this post, we will pick up right where Dresser left the program and remain an elite program.

Coach Dresser left more things in the NRV and at VT than one could understand for wrestling . VT will be in great shape because he left it in Great Shape. I say the intern Coach will be our next head coach , he deserves the chance.

Reactions: 1bburgfan
Coach Dresser left more things in the NRV and at VT than one could understand for wrestling . VT will be in great shape because he left it in Great Shape. I say the intern Coach will be our next head coach , he deserves the chance.
spot on Jack, just as Grundy and C-burg has carried on , so shall the Hokies .

Reactions: Jackcrow
Dresser is badass for sure. He and Popolizio built a great ACC rivalry that is now on a national scale.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT