ADVERTISEMENT

Hokies pullin for the ACC @ the pig skin final 2?

12375CAT

All-Conference
Feb 15, 2012
Next%20Big%2012%20Champs_zpsq91cjk2r.png

I am definitely rooting for Clemson and Dabo to beat Bama. I think the score is similar to the Bama and Washington score, 24-7ish. The Bama vs Washington game was a bit deceiving in that Bama by the eye test, outplayed Washington by about 25-28 points. That game, at least on the field and by looking how bad Bama outplayed Washington, was more like a 31 or 35-7 type game instead of the final score which was 24-7. I think Bama beats Clemson by a similar score of about 17 points, but......this time the game will me much closer than the score with Clemson having a chance and keeping it close when they go in the late 3rd to early 4th quarter, but Bama will get a key play to give some separation. So, my pick is Bama 24 and Clemson 7, but the score in this game will not necessarily be indicative of how close the outcome will be which is kind of opposite to Bama and Washington.

Yeah I'm rooting for the ACC. With a Clemson win the ACC would clearly be the best conference in the nation if it's not already proven.

One thing is certain. The 2 best teams are playing in national championship game. No B10 or PAC 12 wannabes involved.

Reactions: cmmcclu
Without question I'll be rooting for Clemson.

Watching them thoroughly dismantle the supposed best team from the supposed best conference really made me appreciate how good the ACC was this year. Not even joking, Ohio State was probably the 5th or 6th best team that Clemson played in 2016.

The domination was so complete that even Herbie and Fowler had to admit that the ACC was the best conference. For Herbie to say something like that, the evidence must be pretty much overwhelming, because he's about as homer as it comes.

I admit, I was extremely skeptical of Dabo early on. I didn't think he'd be able to sustain his early successes there and thought once Bowden's talent dried up he'd founder. Obviously, I was way off on Swinney, though. Not only has he shown remarkable salesmanship IRT the Clemson brand, but he's managed the program very professionally and very efficiently and Clemson is now an undisputed college football elite.

Beating Alabama will, yet again, be a tall task, but I have confidence that if anyone can beat them it's Clemson. IMO, they are a more complete team. Their offense is much better than Alabama's and they have a lethal mix of speed and strength on defense that can really dominate as the OSU game demonstrated. I hope they can duplicate that effort against the Bammers because I hate Alabama and everything they represent.

Reactions: 1bburgfan
Reflecting back to September I thought Tennessee and Louisville were supposed to be playing in this game . based on media hype.

I admit, I was extremely skeptical of Dabo early on. I didn't think he'd be able to sustain his early successes there and thought once Bowden's talent dried up he'd founder. Obviously, I was way off on Swinney, though. Not only has he shown remarkable salesmanship IRT the Clemson brand, but he's managed the program very professionally and very efficiently and Clemson is now an undisputed college football elite.

Beating Alabama will, yet again, be a tall task, but I have confidence that if anyone can beat them it's Clemson. IMO, they are a more complete team. Their offense is much better than Alabama's and they have a lethal mix of speed and strength on defense that can really dominate as the OSU game demonstrated. I hope they can duplicate that effort against the Bammers because I hate Alabama and everything they represent.
Good observations....I got to say the Alabama offense didn't real do anything that great against Washington. They had field position all night and didn't really take advantage of the opportunity to blow Wash out. Ala had a defensive score, a long breakaway run and a whole lot of nothing else on offense. Now the defense is a different story.....if they are not the best defense in college this year I'm not sure who is. The big question for me is can Clemson move the ball on offense......Go Tigers!!!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT