ADVERTISEMENT

Holly shh.. we won..

RB4

Freshman
Mar 7, 2004
I am kind of surprised but I did notice some changes.. 1. the RB rotation was what it should be.. #34 until he taps his helmet. Shane Beamer was over coaching so bad that it was killing our run game, he has done this since he took over. I still really hate the design of our running plays.. It would be nice to be able to line up and run north south.. not number to number. If we could have some kind of middle run game then that side to side play would work better as a surprise off schedule play... just me.. 2. IMO Motley is better than Brewer.. I know I am the only one on this board to think so. I also know Motley had a bad game last week. But the way our Offense is set up Motley looks WAAAAY better than Brewer did in it. I know brewer had a good half against Ohio State but I can also remember when Brewer lost us a few games last year too. 3. Our D looked pretty good! Dadi worries me a little. He has had a tackling problem his whole career. He had A LOT of hype this off season and he still gets to the QB quickly but its like he expects the QB to just fall over..

But this was a great much needed we are still alive in the coastal I will be a UVA fan on a rare occasion tomorrow.

Good win guys.....I thought the Defense played more aggressively and I got to believe you have found your every down tailback, he looked really good. I do believe NC St is not a great team and has feasted on a cupcake schedule to this point. (The schedule my Hoos should have played). Not sure they win many conference games this year. But I do believe VT played with more heart last night and it showed at times. Congrats Again!!

Yeah the thing that worries me is everyone on this board, and other boards as well as general fans talking have all known that he was our best back 2 games in.. Why did the coaches not make that switch sooner? Best players should play its one thing to be loyal to a kid, but you cant be loyal when it comes to playing time.. best player has to play..

I agree that we found our true 1st string RB at last. This should have been realized earlier than mid-way thru the season. Motley played better partly bc our OLine played better partly bc our we passed more on early downs from time to time which tends to keep the D honest.

Bud Foster hit a switch and turned on the D after we were down by 10. I would hate to think our fans were needed to turn the D up.

Reactions: RB4
IMO Motley is better than Brewer.. I know I am the only one on this board to think so.
You're not the only one who thinks so. I lost count last year how many wins Brewer single-handidly pissed away with stupid play.

Well at the risk of being pummeled I have to disagree on Motley being better than Brewer. Brewer is a much more accurate passer and a very good leader. Motley has done some very good things and he is a better runner than Brewer. Motley has a stronger arm than Brewer but his touch is sorely lacking on short and intermediate passes. Through no fault of his own Motley has not been allowed to develop into what he can be. He lays it all out there and that is something to be really proud of. Just wish they wouldn't run him so much so we don't lose him to injury.
Our O was greatly simplified last nite so we were not constantly moving people around and in and out of the game. One RB was critical also. We need to run the ball at people more.
Honestly, a lot of people felt that Mac was the man after preseason. Had it not been edicted he would still not be the man.

Good win guys. When you eat too many cupcakes you get slow and take a nap...which is what it looks like my team is doing. And for as much as you guys fuss Beamer and company, they clearly coached circles around Doeren and company. Good luck the rest of the way as I will be pulling for VT to win the Coastal. Time to go take some more aspirin as it took a bit of Rum to get me through the game!

The Michael Brewer that played against OSU is much better than Motley, and much better than 2014 Michael Brewer. Just don't know if that is the same Brewer we will see the rest of the season. If so, then we will have a pretty damn good QB.

See, I disagree with that.. I love MB he is a tough son of a gun. But i was at the osu game.. i don't know what the game looked like on tv.. but I know that he under threw a lot of balls in that game.. He would have thrown a bomb for a TD to Ford but was under thrown. I was completed and we scored a few plays later on a mis-direction pass to 88. The pass to rogers was a wheel route... I didn't see much accuracy in either throw.. But im fine either way I just want the best player to play. I think Motley can move around and find things when the play breaks down. Brewer will have to throw it away, or take a sack and concede the down sometimes. but IMO it is a GREAT problem to have.And we may go back to pre- injury and bring motley in here and there to keep D's honest on the read option. But now teams know he can throw a little.. Could be a good 1-2 punch. But Motley gives me good confidence for next year to get the job done while we continue to get Lawson ready. I know fan-base sees all those stars on his rivals Acct. but he is not ready.. we all need to be more patient and know that his role will increase when he is ready.

IMO, from what I have seen of him, McMillian has better "vision" than the other RB options. He reminds me of Ryan Williams in that he sees the play unfolding in front of him and is able to "change gears" and then accelerate through the hole. Our other RBs just seem to run straight ahead...right into a brick wall and muscle what yardage they can.

Reactions: SunnyBeachWave
IMO, from what I have seen of him, McMillian has better "vision" than the other RB options. He reminds me of Ryan Williams in that he sees the play unfolding in front of him and is able to "change gears" and then accelerate through the hole. Our other RBs just seem to run straight ahead...right into a brick wall and muscle what yardage they can.

You hit the nail on the head there. Also, he seems to accelerate harder as soon as he gets the ball assuming a hole will open rather than hesitate for a moment to find one.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT