ADVERTISEMENT

Hoos 81 VT 59

VT did "not come to play". Very pitiful performance. VT's defensive game plan was non existent, if they even had one. You never should allow a team to shoot 10-14 from behind 3 point line in first half.

As much as it pains me Congrats Hoos. Hoos?NC How you and the wife been feeling? Keeping you in our prayers up here along Lake Erie.

Congrats to the Hoos! Now go beat Duke. I would rather lose by 22 than by 2 at the buzzer. VT is a good team (but not a top 10 team in MHO). That being said we can still have a great season. Need to beat WF and UNC to get back on track. VT needs a quality win and maybe UNC will be it.

As much as it pains me Congrats Hoos. Hoos?NC How you and the wife been feeling? Keeping you in our prayers up here along Lake Erie.
ThanksLak Erie....wife is doing awesome....my results are mixed they are working on plan B now. Appreciate your prayers and support.

Congrats to the Hoos! Now go beat Duke. I would rather lose by 22 than by 2 at the buzzer. VT is a good team (but not a top 10 team in MHO). That being said we can still have a great season. Need to beat WF and UNC to get back on track. VT needs a quality win and maybe UNC will be it.
I think VT is a good team for sure just ran into a hotUVA team. Hoping we kick Dukes butt. Always nice to make coach K cry and blame it on his back.anyone ever notice he looks like CountVon Count from Sesame Street

Or beat up on teams in regular season and lose to a Number 16 seed.
All I know is we put an ass whipping on our rival and showed everyone that you are not a top ten team..win th Regular season or tournament and get back to me. I also looked at strength of schedule couldn’t figure out if you have a good win yet...should schedule Liberty, that would hep....lol

Most every team in the nation "gets fat off cupcakes". Including VT and UVA.

Right, most do that except the cupcakes. Some of those cupcakes then use that as learning experience, draw a 64th seed and then beat the overall #1. UVA didn't lose to the 16th seed, they lost to the 64th seed. That was shocking!

UVA is a legitimate Top 5 team, we are at best a Top 20 team. The lack of quality depth is the Achilles Heel for us. Carter, Hoff and Key are great additions for UVA and should be instrumental during March Madness. If Buzz can recruit some big men in the 2019 class, we'll be competitive with UVA in 2020.

Most every team in the nation "gets fat off cupcakes". Including VT and UVA.
Right, most do that except the cupcakes. Some of those cupcakes then use that as learning experience, draw a 64th seed and then beat the overall #1. UVA didn't lose to the 16th seed, they lost to the 64th seed. That was shocking!
you would certainly believe a team that lost to a 16seed would have zero chance against a top 10 rival and easily get blown out the blowout happened but but by the good guys....ODU says Hi....

The UVA game is history. Need to move forward. I suspect VT will lose several more games as the ACC season progresses. I see VT losing to teams with height and length (such as FSU, UNC, Syracuse and Duke). We may win one of those games when VT is shooting well. We could lose to any team in the ACC when VT is not shooting well (such as in the GT game where VT just barely won). A conference record of 13-5 would be very good.

The UVA game is history. Need to move forward. I suspect VT will lose several more games as the ACC season progresses. I see VT losing to teams with height and length (such as FSU, UNC, Syracuse and Duke). We may win one of those games when VT is shooting well. We could lose to any team in the ACC when VT is not shooting well (such as in the GT game where VT just barely won). A conference record of 13-5 would be very good.
Any team in the ACC could lose to anyone in the conference especially on the road. You are correct a 13-5 would be a good record.

UVA had a game against us like UMBC had against them in the upset last NCAAs.

Last edited:
A Hoo talking football. Now that's funny. Mendenhall can't recruit, thus he has to build roster around transfers. Sounds like some of the FCS schools.

A Hoo talking football. Now that's funny. Mendenhall can't recruit, thus he has to build roster around transfers. Sounds like some of the FCS schools.
Ahhh....emmm, actually you could say the same about Fuente(s). I mean if he could recruit well, we wouldn't be bringing in all those JuCo DT's in this class. :(

All I know is we put an ass whipping on our rival and showed everyone that you are not a top ten team..win th Regular season or tournament and get back to me. I also looked at strength of schedule couldn’t figure out if you have a good win yet...should schedule Liberty, that would hep....lol
Penn State is pretty tough.

Any team in the ACC could lose to anyone in the conference especially on the road. You are correct a 13-5 would be a good record.

Okay we are not going to get to 13-5. Maybe if Justin was healthy we would have gotten there. I am concerned that we may repeat last year when we beat Duke and didn't win a game after that. Should beat Miami at home (but even that is not a gimme). If Justin does not return we will not win any tournament games. Yes, he is that important to this team when we start playing the good teams.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT