ADVERTISEMENT

How come we always find new ways to lose?

DesperateHokieFan

New Recruit
Sep 21, 2013
This time our defense let us down. Hats off to the team for catching up and dragging the game into the OT. The clock management at the end was questionable, and the defense at the very end? disappointing. I think in the middle of the game, Beamer sort of lose his mind or confidence, the poor execution of the onsite kick was laughable.

Keep going, a long season is about to end...

Oh well, if the onside kick had worked we would have been saying awesome play. I liked the way our O played today. What a shame our D was not able to make a few more good plays at the end.

No a regular onside kick would have been ok if it would have worked.. but how can you catch them off guard when the kicker runs past the ball and stops and don't even kick the ball. They knew it was coming and we had 0 chance to recover it.. These coaches are doing too much and are trying WAAAAAAAAAY too hard. They want to look important during evaluation time i guess..

This time our defense let us down. Hats off to the team for catching up and dragging the game into the OT. The clock management at the end was questionable, and the defense at the very end? disappointing. I think in the middle of the game, Beamer sort of lose his mind or confidence, the poor execution of the onsite kick was laughable.

Keep going, a long season is about to end...

It wasn't suppose to be an onside kick, but a "20 yd knuckleball dribbler" that we had "practiced all week".

Because bad teams find a way to lose. It's interesting that every season (and to a lesser extent every game) we try to pinpoint a single cause for our woes: mistackles, blown coverages, turnovers, injuries, overly aggressive defense, lackluster game preparation by offensive coaches, misses in recruiting and so on. There is no single problem we can eliminate to become a good team -- the problems, sometimes isolated, are only symptoms of a larger disease. If these symptoms are reducible to one thing it's that we're a bad team with bad coaching.

I watched Stanford dismantle Washington last night, and seeing what a well-coached team with a clear plan and tight execution looks like compared to our potluck disheveled clusterf*ck is staggering to see the difference.

I watched Stanford dismantle Washington last night, and seeing what a well-coached team with a clear plan and tight execution looks like compared to our potluck disheveled clusterf*ck is staggering to see the difference.
BAM.....exactly what it feels like to be a Hoos football fan.

I predicted on the Rivals soundoff board that VT would win behind a big game from Brewer and 150 yards rushing from McMillian.

Brewer throws for 270 and 3 TDs.
McMillian runs for 146

We have no turnovers, and still lose. Amazing.

Winners drink champagne. Losers drink Boone's Farm. All the package stores in the Blacksburg area were sold out of Boone's Farm Saturday night.

Lombardi wouldn't help some of our guys.

Our biggest issue is recruiting, not coaching.

This team is just snake bit or just plain unlucky. If luck had been on our side, we could be undefeated. Luck plays a big role in college football, whether receiving it on offense, defense, special teams or Official's calls.

This team is just snake bit or just plain unlucky. If luck had been on our side, we could be undefeated. Luck plays a big role in college football, whether receiving it on offense, defense, special teams or Official's calls.
Luck has had nothing to do with VT's back slide they have been on for years now.

Hoos 19, go back and look at how many games VT has lost by a touchdown or less. A little luck could have changed outcome of all those games.
HR I have always been impressed with your eternal loyalty. Truth is that we just aren't that good this year. Getting Brewer back will help a lot but we still have areas where we are hurting.
On a higher note,Coach Sabin is 64 and I think he's showing signs of slowing down.

Hoos 19, go back and look at how many games VT has lost by a touchdown or less. A little luck could have changed outcome of all those games.
It's amazing how the well coached teams always get "lucky" isn't it? Fact is, you get out what you put in. Well coached, talented teams win and poorly coached teams lose. Plain and simple.

So by your thought process.....VT was lucky to win 10 games all those years. Stupid me, I thought it was because you had Bud. Good "Luck" today.....
Ball has an odd shape and, therefore, doesn't bounce consistently. Even the greatest coaches have to deal with "unlucky" bounces and resulting close losses. Pair a few of these bounces with consistently poor performance from coaches and PLAYERS and you get a season like we're experiencing.

Good lot get back on winning track today. Wasn't pretty but a win is
A win. Georgia Tech loses to boo hoos after beating FSU. I watched about 10 minutes of the game. GT looked terrible. Hopefully we can beat the yellow jackets.

Good lot get back on winning track today. Wasn't pretty but a win is
A win. Georgia Tech loses to boo hoos after beating FSU. I watched about 10 minutes of the game. GT looked terrible. Hopefully we can beat the yellow jackets.
Hoos are for real....London got a 3 year extension after game!!!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT