ADVERTISEMENT

I like how hard our basketball team plays D and shares the ball

BigDaddyHokie

All-American
Gold Member
Oct 24, 2007
But 1) we lack a true center, Aluma is a PF.

And 2) we lack a go-to guy to penetrate late in the game to create and win those close ones for us.

When you live by 3's you die by 3's half the time.

Sorry, this year's team is not very good. We were pre-season top 30. After Memphis loss it has been mostly downhill. We lost too many games in the last 2 minutes. We will not make the NCAA this year (maybe NIT). A real disappointment of what was thought to be a tournament team when the season began. Waiting for next year already.

Team is playing better but, I feel it is too late. With the ACC being down this year there are no ranked teams to beat. Need to win out and win at least 2 games in the ACC tournament to have a chance of getting in the tournament.

I still stand by this statement. We did not win out but, if we beat Clemson we won 10 of the last 11 (UNC being the loss). If we win 2 games in the ACC we have a shot at making the NCAA. We need a lot of other teams to fall to make the dance.

Well this team really turned things around. It's the best basketball I've seen EVER. Against UNC they played our typical great O but with the best help/double teaming Defense I have witnessed. Great coaching to get them ready to play UNC.

This rivals the 1973 NIT as the best 4 consecutive games of VT basketball. Happy they won the ACC. Otherwise, they would not have made the NCAA tournament. Now time to win a few more games.

I do not think Texas took us lightly. Texas shot lights out in the second half. If you told me VT would score 73 points before the game, I would have thought it would have been a VT win. Texas played at a high level and won the game fairly easy. All in all, a good VT season for basketball with an ACC Championship. I did not think I would see that in my lifetime. Now let's win an ACC Football Championship!

Refs always favor the more aggressive team and that was Texas. When a call could have gone either way they got the nod. And Texas played tough D and took us out of our 3 point game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT