ADVERTISEMENT

If the season ended October 31

In the ACC? Petrino followed by Fuente.

Nationally...hmmm...Petersen at Washington?

Reactions: RB4
The Pac 10 schools , nor Big 10 play as tough of schedule as Alabama. If they did they would not be ranked in Top 25.

Fuente ACC COY
Saban National COY
I laughed as usual you don't have a clue.....cheaters don't deserve coach of the year honors. Fuentes is definitely in the running but Petrino is the leader as of now, Louisville is 7-1 with the 13th toughest schedule to date. Harbaugh will get some serious looks as well if Michigan keeps winning.

I laughed as usual you don't have a clue.....cheaters don't deserve coach of the year honors. Fuentes is definitely in the running but Petrino is the leader as of now, Louisville is 7-1 with the 13th toughest schedule to date. Harbaugh will get some serious looks as well if Michigan keeps winning.
I wouldn't call Alabama cheaters (I assume you were referring to Alabama) but I'd say when you have 5-star athletes at almost ever position, it is much easier to win 10+ games every year. Washington, if they do go undefeated, won have done that with 2 to 3 star athletes, even if they played in a relatively weaker conference. It is all about exceeding expectations. But I definitely agree with you that Petrino and Harbaugh are also in the running. I believe that if they all win their conferences, it would likely come down to those three.

Petriono and Harbaugh are both _______________ coaches, who are a disgrace to coaching profession. Both coach scumbag programs. Just my opinion.

I wouldn't call Alabama cheaters (I assume you were referring to Alabama) but I'd say when you have 5-star athletes at almost ever position, it is much easier to win 10+ games every year. Washington, if they do go undefeated, won have done that with 2 to 3 star athletes, even if they played in a relatively weaker conference. It is all about exceeding expectations. But I definitely agree with you that Petrino and Harbaugh are also in the running. I believe that if they all win their conferences, it would likely come down to those three.
Ask Nicky's asst. coach that took the fall last year to cover Nicky's cheating butt.....

Reactions: B1dee
Great conversation. It's always a complicated, but fun conversation for me as I'm not sure how much stead to put into recruiting. You can argue it is all part of the coaches job so in that case Saban unanimously, as he may have his best on the field team as well. However, Washington and Louisville are great candidates and Louisville has recruited very poorly relative to their on field performance which is great. I think points go to developing the Heisman front runner. Washington recruits better than Louisville and he is most certainly a great, proven coach. Harbaugh you can give great kudos to for the turnaround, but if you look at Michigan's recruiting the two years prior to Harbaugh he had a lot to play with and maybe gets dinged for that. Like I said, it's complicated, but fun. Jim Grobe at Baylor deserves recognition for holding the program together amidst a complete firestorm. Chime in with others. Thanks,

Reactions: Hampton Roads 6
Chime in with others. Thanks,
Holgerson at WVU deserves some props this year as well. If WVU could've kept winning, he would've been in the final cut. As it is, it's still been an impressive season for them so far.

I agree with Grobe at Baylor. He's done as good of coaching job as anyone in the nation.
I have always rated Grobe as the 'best coach in America', and even regarded him higher than Beamer in his heydays. Its just that he (Grobe) could not recruit 4-5 star athletes to Wake Forest and win consistently or he would have gotten the recognition he deserved years ago.

Peterson and i'm with you on the ACC with Petrino.
Grobe was an excellent coach and a gentleman.
I have to give Sabin a lot of credit ,it's just that I don't know what for.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT