ADVERTISEMENT

***INsider: 1.28 WRs Coach Search Update***

jason stamm

Hokie Hall of Fame
Staff
Aug 11, 2008
Alright guys, these past few days have been one twist after another. But it looks like this one is finally nearing an end.

5284 and dm4vtdu might be able to add to it, but our sources are telling us that Georgia wide receivers coach Tony Ball is now the front-runner. We're also told a decision could be made as soon as today that would make Ball the new wide receivers coach at VT.

That said, it looks like Old Dominion WRs coach Zohn Burden is fading fast. I wouldn't completely rule him out yet, but it's not looking to be in his favor.

If true on Ball, this is a curious decision. Ball is 58 and would command a salary in the neighborhood of $250,000. Our Georgia site, UGASports.com, has also told us that Ball is the best position coach on that staff, but might be one of the worst recruiters.

The big question though is still why he would want to leave Georgia. That part still hasn't really been made clear. Also, it's puzzling why and how VT would pay him such an amount. It appears that familiarity on both sides is the biggest reason for this move, if it does indeed go through as we're told.

And before people bring it up, VT did NOT just let Aaron Moorehead walk. Money was a big factor for him leaving for Texas A&M, but I'm telling you, from talking candidly to him, family was the biggest factor. He told me it's still a good distance from his wife's family in New Mexico, but it's now a much more doable and easier trip for both sides.

We'll keep you posted on any further developments and our INsider gurus can always chime in as well.

More info coming as soon as it's available, but as always, what's posted here, STAYS HERE. Don't de-value your own subscription by giving away information to others who don't pay like you do. It's also a violation of our terms of service and will result in the termination of your subscription.[/B]

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News