ADVERTISEMENT

***INsider: 6.14 VT Camp Notes***

jason stamm

Hokie Hall of Fame
Staff
Aug 11, 2008
Guys, at VT for a second straight day, for the Hokies' third camp of the weekend. I'll have tons more coverage coming, but while we're on a break for lunch, here's the latest.

*A couple of big-timers are on hand, but aren't participating in camp. Imhotep Charter (Pa.) four-star offensive lineman Johncarlo Valentin brought a few of his teammates, but has just been hanging out. This is his first trip to VT and Blacksburg and they'll be hanging out the rest of the day before heading back. So far, Valentin has been hanging out with most of the coaches and told me he's enjoying himself. Full video coming.

**The other big name, who's been keeping very low key is Palmyra (NJ) four-star WR Kelvin Harmon, No. 248 in the Rivals250. No VT offer, but he's definitely on the list. There's a chance he leaves with one in hand, but likely, the Hokies will wait to see what happens with some of the offers already out at receiver. But Harmon is definitely interested and it sounds like if an offer does come, VT would be in his top list.

***The big news of the morning is the ascension of Chancellor (Va.) 2017 DE Yetur Matos. He just got an offer in camp with Clemson yesterday and this morning, when Virginia found out he was camping at VT, the Hoos offered him. I'll be shocked if he leaves VT without an offer. This kid is blowing up and will likely have more offers over the next few weeks as he camps more. He's displayed impressive quickness in camp and has been exciting to watch.

****Hylton (Va.) three-star athlete Donovan Williams is in camp with the Hokies, despite committing to James Madison last month. He's been working out at QB, but I think is better suited for defensive back. He'll be one of those guys to watch for getting a late offer, as he's a great athlete, but I'll be shocked if VT offers this weekend or any time soon.

*****Another in the same boat as Williams is St Peter's (NJ) receiver KJ Gray. He already has a few decent offers, like Rutgers and Syracuse and told me he really wants a VT offer. But like Williams, he'll have to be one that would get offered late. No offer coming right now until some of the current offers sort themselves out. I like his size, speed and athleticism, though.

******The other kid to really watch is Dematha (Md.) 2017 OL Marcus Minor. He's gotten some extended looks from the coaching staff, who like his frame and his footwork for his age. Another kid who probably won't get an offer today, but this fall, don't be surprised to see VT and others make an offer.

Full story coming, but as always, what's posted here, STAYS HERE. Don't de-value your own subscription by giving away information to others who don't pay like you do. It's also a violation of our terms of service and will result in the termination of your subscription

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News