ADVERTISEMENT

***INsider: Dylan Rivers Update***

jason stamm

Hokie Hall of Fame
Staff
Aug 11, 2008
Guys, I just got off the phone a few minutes ago with Sherando (Va.) 2017 linebacker Dylan Rivers, who's one of VT's top targets for the class. Rivers visited the Hokies last week for their junior day.

The big news with Rivers is he says he has five standouts (not a top five) of VT, Virginia, Clemson, Duke and Penn State. He told me he likes the coaches at all five schools and how they "show me a lot of love."

With the Hokies specifically, Rivers said he loves defensive coordinator Bud Foster. He said assistant coach Torrian Gray still comes by the school, but Foster is the one he talks to once a week. Rivers said he loves how close VT is and how all the coaches act towards him.

Rivers also visited Virginia on Thursday and was at Penn State in April for a spring practice. The UVA trip was his first there, while he said he plans to be at Clemson somewhere between July 17-20. Rivers does have some interest in Maryland and Pittsburgh and hopes to see both.

I do think the Hokies are in the lead now, but Clemson really has him intrigued. Don't be surprised to see the Tigers really jump up after he visits there.

Full story coming, but as always, what's posted here, STAYS HERE. Don't de-value your own subscription by giving away information to others who don't pay like you do. It's also a violation of our terms of service and will result in the termination of your subscription.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News