ADVERTISEMENT

***INsider: Ellis Brooks On VT Visit***

jason stamm

Hokie Hall of Fame
Staff
Aug 11, 2008
Guys, I spoke just a bit earlier with Benedictine (Va.) 2017 LB Ellis Brooks, who visited VT this past weekend for the spring game. But unlike a lot of the other visitors, Brooks said he's lost count how many times he's been to VT.

Brooks actually told me a good story. First, his sister is a senior at VT and is set to graduate next month. He also said that his family has an RV and has made a lot of trips to a lot of different places, including to Clemson a few weeks ago for a visit. Anyway, when he was in eighth grade, he and his family drove the RV to VT to see his sister. They saw coach Frank Beamer walking out of the office and his dad said he was gonna go talk to him. Five minutes later, Brooks said Beamer and his dad walked back to the RV and that was the first time Brooks met Beamer. They talked for a few minutes and Brooks said he still remembers that vividly, as Beamer was the first head coach he spoke to.

Brooks also visited for the Hokies' Feb. 28 junior day. This past weekend, Brooks said he spoke with Beamer and assistant coach Shane Beamer, as well as defensive coordinator Bud Foster. Brooks said what was different about this time was how much he feels like his relationship with Foster has grown.

Overall, Brooks said "I see a really big possibility" with VT. He likes it and said, "I’ve been around it so long. I just know it. I think that’s why I like it."

This year, Brooks has visited Clemson, Duke, East Carolina and NC State aside from the Hokies and said he's going to Wake Forest next, though he doesn't have a date set. He told me he likes the family feel and academics of Duke, the defense and LBs coach at Clemson and the family and program building at NC State.

Long way to go here, as Brooks said he's just started getting into recruiting, but based on that story he told me and how he speaks on VT, I'd say the Hokies are in excellent shape here.

Full story coming, but as always, what's posted here, STAYS HERE. Don't de-value your own subscription by giving away information to others who don't pay like you do. It's also a violation of our terms of service and will result in the termination of your subscription.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News