ADVERTISEMENT

***INsider: Ellison Jordan Latest***

jason stamm

Hokie Hall of Fame
Staff
Aug 11, 2008
Guys, I spoke a little earlier with Gilman (Md.) four-star defensive tackle Ellison Jordan, Rivals.com's No. 23 DT and No. 10 player in Maryland. On Sunday, Jordan named a top three, which I mentioned on another post, of VT, Maryland and Penn State.

After talking with Jordan, it sounds like Penn State might have the slightest of edges right now. I say that because he talked more about the Nittany Lions than the other two, saying that he loved coach James Franklin and the rest of the coaching staff. Jordan's last visit up there was in February for a junior day and he said when he saw the campus, he thought it was beautiful and said to himself, "wow."

With VT, Jordan said he loved the stadium and how loud it got. He visited for the UVA game, as well as the spring game, where he spent his birthday. Jordan said he thinks Charley Wiles is one of the best DL coaches in the country and he likes how the staff has been together for so long. He also said he thinks Frank Beamer "still has some juice in him" and also likes that his former teammate, Melvin Keihn, is down there.

With Maryland, the thing he kept mentioning is the proximity. Jordan's visited multiple times because it's so close. He did said he thinks the Terps are very improved and have good academics. And like a lot of guys up there, Jordan said he likes the "DMV to MD' movement that the Terps are trying to do.

Right now, it's looking like a late July/early August decision. He plans on visiting Penn State for its Last Dash Picnic, but isn't sure of the date. He plans on being at VT July 25 & 26 for a picnic and the Hokies' camp.

As always, what's posted here, STAYS HERE. Don't de-value your own subscription by giving away information to others who don't pay like you do. It's also a violation of our terms of service and will result in the termination of your subscription.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News