ADVERTISEMENT

***INsider: Patrice Rene Latest***

jason stamm

Hokie Hall of Fame
Staff
Aug 11, 2008
Guys, I spoke earlier with Episcopal (Va.) four-star DB Patrice Rene, No. 160 in the Rivals250. As I've mentioned for a while, Rene is one of the very top defensive back targets left for VT in the 2016 class. He and Rivals250 safety Marlon Character are arguably the top two targets.

A little back story on Rene: He was born in Haiti to his parents, who are Haitian, moved to Ottawa, Ontario when he was four and has been in boarding school at Episcopal for the past few years. So as far as in-state guys, he might technically be one based on where he's in school, but he's definitely not an 'in-state' guy.

Assistant coach Torrian Gray has been up to see Rene multiple times, including last week. And Rene said he has a closer relationship with Gray than any other position coach. Rene visited VT for junior day in February and said he loved getting to talk to Frank Beamer in person. Defensive coordinator Bud Foster has also been in to see Rene multiple times this spring and that has also made a big difference.

The schools Rene mentioned most were VT, Rutgers, North Carolina and Ohio State. Along with Tennessee, he said "Those schools stand out only because I’ve known them for a while and I have a solid relationship with the coaches and getting to know the programs." He said those are also the ones recruiting him hardest.

Rene said he has 25 offers now and wanted to make a decision before the end of his junior year. This is his final week of school for the semester, though, so he said he wants to take more visits and go to more camps, then cut his list to five by next month. He hopes to make a decision either late July or early August.

Still time here, but Hokies are in excellent shape and have really made him a priority. Rene also cited Danny Coale being from Episcopal and how he knows how many DBs from VT have gone on to the NFL, notably Kam Chancellor.

Full story coming but as always, what's posted here, STAYS HERE. Don't de-value your own subscription by giving away information to others who don't pay like you do. It's also a violation of our terms of service and will result in the termination of your subscription.

Reactions: GC1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News