ADVERTISEMENT

***INsider: Patrick Jones Update***

jason stamm

Hokie Hall of Fame
Staff
Aug 11, 2008
Guys, I spoke a little earlier with Grassfield (Va.) DE Patrick Jones, one of VT's top targets right now at the position. Jones has eight total offers right now, but he told me he has a top three.

That top three is VT, Duke and NC State. And the good news for the Hokies, he'll be visiting Blacksburg next weekend. Jones last visited for junior day in February and has also been to Virginia. Duke, NC State and Wake Forest. He camped at Alabama last week and at Georgia yesterday. But no offers came at either of those camps.

With the Hokies, Jones said he's been speaking with assistant coach Charley Wiles. He also liked Bud Foster and the atmosphere. Right now, I'd have to say VT is the clear leader. But he says he wants to take at least a few visits and decide mid-season.

Lastly, Jones is just now starting to come on the scene because he's a late bloomer. His birthday is in late September, so he's one of the youngest in his class. He grew from 200 pounds at the end of last season to 235 now and is benching 335 pounds, up from 225 pounds. Jones is continuing to get better and he'll get more offers. Four-star potential if he continues at his current rate.

As always, what's posted here, STAYS HERE. Don't de-value your own subscription by giving away information to others who don't pay like you do. It's also a violation of our terms of service and will result in the termination of your subscription.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News